Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2009.

I was asked to put together a market overview presentation for an area the company was considering over a weekend. I was told this was pretty standard for commercial roles. After spending the entire weekend and receiving very positive feedback on my work I was informed that I did not meet the basic requirements for the job and thus was no longer being considered for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Boston Scientific   View Answer

sr. manufacturing engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in October 2007.

It is very rigid. It is quite evident that they follow a set of guidelines, in fact they read the questions of a form.
    The interview style is of specific examples S.T.A.R. (Situation. Task. Action. Results) .
    They are also very interested in how you deal with quality issues. Example would you ever knowingly let out product that is out of spec, but through your engineering experience know that it is still good? This is the one question they will hammer on you. They asked me this question in no less that 5 different ways, until I answered what I thought they wanted me to answer. What ever you do never say they you will let out product that is just out of spec.

Interview Questions
    • Would you let out product that is just out of spec   View Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2007.

Long drawn process with many people weighing in, seemed more political than adding value to the hiring process.

Communications Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in August 2008.

basic questions about background, knowledge of industry, trade publications, etc.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2008.

The interview process was fairly present. Two interview in the first round and three interviews in the second. They were very open and flexible throughout the whole process and focused more on personality than industry knowledge. The questions were very interesting and really thoughtful. Teh interviewers were very well prepared, friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • how much of the contribution to this project was really yours and how much of it was everybody else.   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2009.

The interviews consisted of a phone interview from the recruiting firm, I had a two face to face interviews with the hiring manager. Next I interviewed with the Territory Manager. And Finally, I did a field ride.

There was no negotiation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific in January 2008.

One on one interview consisted of a full day of interviewing with a new person every hour. The interviewers appeared to have different roles as each dug in to a different part of my background. Some were friendly and others were almost confrontational. It was a bad experience and I would not accept a position there if it had been offered.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of X where you did X. It was all typical STAR type questions.   Answer Question
    • Very detailed questioning into every statement on my resume. Be sure you can back up every thing you have written.   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in January 2009.

1. Phone interview-Basic
    2. 1 on 1 interview- 3 of them with different managers
    3. Interview with the Materials director

-Very tough interview with many questions/scenarios

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you brought together a group of culturally diverse people?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2008.

The interview took the whole day, around 8 hours. First I interviewed with two potential co-workers, then the Director, then a manager from a different department, met with an HR rep for questions, and then finally an interview with the supervisor. It is a long day, be prepared to answer questions in the STAR format (situation, task, action, result), and be prepared for some stress questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me in the STAR format of a challenging experience with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    I was never asked salary requirements. I did not attempt to negotiate however I have heard that others have done so.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2010.

Very thorough, I went through 18 interviews - but for a very visable and important position. They did their due diligence for sure which I feel was a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a war-time general or a peace-time general... and why?   Answer Question
    Virtually none was needed as the offer was generous.