Boston Scientific

Updated Jan 10, 2015
Updated Jan 10, 2015

2.9

Software Developer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific in October 2014.

It was a great experience to learn about the company's hiring process.
    There was 5 rounds of one to one interview each lasts for 30 minutes.
    They asked Behavioral questions and questions about your work(Project detail etc) .

Interview Questions
    • Tricky question was : if get a choice how you will work A. In a Team B. Independently .   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in November 2014.

Was contacted on Linkedin by BSc recruiter. After a phone interview with HR and then one with the hiring manager I went in for a 2 hour interview on site. The interview was split into two group interviews. First with 3 BSc managers and then a peer interview with 3 engineers. After that there was a tour of the facilities. Good overall experience and well organized interview.

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2014.

Applied online through company website. I was initially contacted by an HR recruiter two weeks after I applied. Had phone interview after a week, with hiring manager directly instead of HR person. I was told the HR person was out on vacation. Phone interview went well - all resume / general conversation questions about myself, why I'm leaving, that sort of thing. Two weeks later I was flown for an onsite interview, where I had several 45 minute interviews, first with 3 first-line managers, then 2 higher managers, then 1 senior engineer who just took me on a tour of the facilities. All on-site interviewers just asked behavioral questions, but trying to dig a little into each question. For example: Tell me about a time when you were improving a process, followed by several other questions about that scenario - team, tools used, documentation process I followed at previous employer.

I thought my interview went well - I can't think of anything that went south. After one week passed, I emailed the hiring manager, who told me they're making a decision the following week and that I should hear back. Then more weeks passed, and I reached out to the recruiter. She failed to reply to my email.

I was disappointed with the HR department for failing to contact me about my application status.
    Otherwise, the people seemed nice and intelligent. I think I would have liked working there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us the flow of documentation for __ problem at your employer.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

well planned, good HR, did their homework, on time, good questions, did their best and came prepared, talked about the work and the next steps, talked about career growth, helpful, good directions.

Engineer Interview

They flew me out to their location for an in person interview, paying for all my expenses (flight, car, hotel) and even had their real estate agent take me on a tour of the town to check out housing options. The interview was on a Friday, and they told me they'd get back to me early the next week.

Two weeks later and still no response from them. Finally I had to track them down and force them to tell me they weren't offering me a job. After a certain point, I can take a hint, but to tell candidates that you will let them know of your decision within x days and then to completely ignore that deadline is beyond rude. If I hadn't reached out, they just never would have called me. I'm sure telling people that you're not offering them a job is no fun, but if you don't like it, don't get a job in HR. So disappointed with their HR team.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty standard, textbook, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" kind of interview- nothing too difficulto r unexpected.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Applied at a conference. Scheduled a one on one interview with a hiring manager. He was impressed. Then a phone interview a month later. Then I got an offer letter.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2011.

Three interviews, first with HR and the second with two Senior Engineers.
    HR has the regular behavioural-team player questions. Nothing unusual.
    One interview with the staffing agency, but it was rather a interview preparation training (I didn't expected that.)
    Problem solving, process validation, documentation creation the main topics with the engineers. They were very professional.

Interview Questions
    Offered under my expectations, however accepted. (minor difference)

Support Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific in August 2014.

I was emailed by recruiter Carolyn and was asked to set up a "phone conversation." The conversation went well and she said she would call me the next week to talk about next steps. I was happy to hear that. After the next week passed plus a few additional days, I emailed her to see what the status was from our previous conversation. I received no response. By this point, I assume I was rejected for the position, which is fine but why couldn't the recruiter reach out to say they found someone else for the position, or didn't think I was a good fit? I heard nothing and more than a month has passed. I currently work in a position where I interview and let people know when we find someone who would be a better fit. If I was contacted by this company, I wouldn't even want to work for them knowing this is how they handle things. Very unprofessional.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Their campus recruitment team is phenomenal. They attend college career fairs, frequently hold post-career fair socials at nearby restaurants, and pre-interview dinners as well.

The interview consists to two back-to-back meetings with employees at the Company. It may be first with someone from Human Resources followed by a relatively new IS employee.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when a team you were on let you down. How did you respond, if at all?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

The company works with outside talent companies to identify potential candidates. So, you will first need to go through a company like Robert Half to be called in for an interview. Once you have an interview with Boston Scientific you will most likely meet with 2 - 3 managers in the same day, if you pass that initial stage you will be brought back another day to meet with the Director and the hiring manager for a final interview. The interviews vary by manager's personal style and are one-on-one.