Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.9

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2014.

Applied online through company website. I was initially contacted by an HR recruiter two weeks after I applied. Had phone interview after a week, with hiring manager directly instead of HR person. I was told the HR person was out on vacation. Phone interview went well - all resume / general conversation questions about myself, why I'm leaving, that sort of thing. Two weeks later I was flown for an onsite interview, where I had several 45 minute interviews, first with 3 first-line managers, then 2 higher managers, then 1 senior engineer who just took me on a tour of the facilities. All on-site interviewers just asked behavioral questions, but trying to dig a little into each question. For example: Tell me about a time when you were improving a process, followed by several other questions about that scenario - team, tools used, documentation process I followed at previous employer.

I thought my interview went well - I can't think of anything that went south. After one week passed, I emailed the hiring manager, who told me they're making a decision the following week and that I should hear back. Then more weeks passed, and I reached out to the recruiter. She failed to reply to my email.

I was disappointed with the HR department for failing to contact me about my application status.
    Otherwise, the people seemed nice and intelligent. I think I would have liked working there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us the flow of documentation for __ problem at your employer.   Answer Question

Boston Scientific IS Intern Interview

I was invited to a networking event and was contacted for an hour interview. Two thirty minute sessions. First thirty was all off job experience and the second was all based on academic experience. The interviewers were extremely friendly and made you feel comfortable from the moment you walked in.

SharePoint Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Generic questions about CMS, SharePoint.

no negotiation

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

phone interviews, then 14 in person 30 minute interviews. some of the people who interviewed me I never met with again.

Interview Questions
    • really nothing I couldn't handle. seemed like it was all from a standard interview guide.   Answer Question
    I took a pay cut to join the team, and there was no wiggle room on the salary. signing bonus helped somewhat offset the pay gap.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Initial phone interview was with a person completely unfamiliar with the position. She was unable to answer the questions I had.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Very thorough, had to speak to a number of people for them to get consensus

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with existing business case that was very challenging for the company   View Answer
    I actually had two different job offers so I was able to get each of the departments to 'bid' against each other. Unique situation that probably won't happen again.

Financial Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2014.

Full 1hr on-campus interview. I was interviewed by 2 different people, both young alumni from my school. Basic behavioral questions, mainly highlighting resume achievements.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spencer, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Spencer, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

I was set up with an interview from a recruiter at a career fair. Initial interview consisted of a 30 minute phone screen with behavioral questions after which I was contacted the following day and flown out to Spencer, IN the next week. When I arrived I found out that the position that I was interviewing for was already filled and I was now interviewing for a Production Supervisor position. Questions were all behavioral, other than an inexperienced interviewer asking if I was married and what my wife thought of Indiana. The hiring manager for the position took a phone call 5 minutes into the interview and left. In addition it was sort of distracting to watch one of the interviewers openly mark a grade sheet on a 1-5 scale as we were conducting the interview.

OPS Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in January 2014.

Interview process took 1 month. Initial phone screening with HR person, then phone interview with hiring manager, followed by an on-site meeting with directors, co-workers and people in similar positions in other departments. Another round of phone and on-site interviews.

Director, Global Brand and Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Boston Scientific in December 2013.

In person with Sr. Management, Peers, subordinates, and Corp Comm VP

Interview Questions
    • If you had one "do-over" in your career, what would it be.   Answer Question