Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Boston, MA).

Interview

Their campus recruitment team is phenomenal. They attend college career fairs, frequently hold post-career fair socials at nearby restaurants, and pre-interview dinners as well.

The interview consists to two back-to-back meetings with employees at the Company. It may be first with someone from Human Resources followed by a relatively new IS employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a team you were on let you down. How did you respond, if at all?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

The company works with outside talent companies to identify potential candidates. So, you will first need to go through a company like Robert Half to be called in for an interview. Once you have an interview with Boston Scientific you will most likely meet with 2 - 3 managers in the same day, if you pass that initial stage you will be brought back another day to meet with the Director and the hiring manager for a final interview. The interviews vary by manager's personal style and are one-on-one.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Really brought in the big guns on this one. Did a ton of research beforehand that ended up being a complete waste of time. Your typical situation/behavior-based questions. Do they want a good interviewer or do they want someone who has the background, skills, & qualifications for the position? Anyone can answer questions using the STAR method. Also, while I'm at it, the whole applicant tracking system is flawed. For the love of God, what do you have to do to get a hiring mgr to view a resume w/ their own eyes vs. an entry-level, recent college grad and/or key word system? Anyways, interview didn't go the smoothest, but I've had worse that resulted in offers. Sent ty email and mailed ty note right away. Also, tried to alleviate reservations by attaching press releases, references (including from VP level), awards, certifications, yada, yada. Of course she probably doesn't realize what it takes to break into the industry, stay in the industry, and be successful in the industry - let alone the call points which consist of educating high-profile cardiologists and electrophysiologists (who typically go to school longer than her age). FU email a week later (attached presentation) and received the thanks, but no thanks generic automated email rejection letter a day later. Replied for constructive feedback, which I doubt she could ever provide, and has not responded. To think I used to interview distributors for these types of positions...

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific in August 2014.

Interview

I was emailed by recruiter Carolyn and was asked to set up a "phone conversation." The conversation went well and she said she would call me the next week to talk about next steps. I was happy to hear that. After the next week passed plus a few additional days, I emailed her to see what the status was from our previous conversation. I received no response. By this point, I assume I was rejected for the position, which is fine but why couldn't the recruiter reach out to say they found someone else for the position, or didn't think I was a good fit? I heard nothing and more than a month has passed. I currently work in a position where I interview and let people know when we find someone who would be a better fit. If I was contacted by this company, I wouldn't even want to work for them knowing this is how they handle things. Very unprofessional.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

HR contacted about a position that was open at that time. Scheduled a phone interview. Reached out after 4 weeks for a face to face interview. By that time, Sr.QE position was closed. However, attended the interview. Was interviewed by 6 QE managers in 3 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Lessons learned for recalls.
      What do you do on a good day Vs bad day? What do you consider as a bad day?

Answer Question

Product Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took about 2 months from the schedule of the 1st phone interview to the offer letter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, basically went over the job description and asked pretty direct questions about my experience for the job in which I applied for. 3 weeks later I was invited to do face to face interviews with 5 people from the team. They were all given 30 minutes for one on one time with me. I enjoyed this part because you get to meet the team and get a feel of what your getting yourself into. Overall the team was welcoming and intelligent. I had a brief excel test that one of the analyst made. I felt good about the interviews, unfortunately the director of the department wanted to meet with me as well since he was traveling, we couldn't meet for another 3 weeks. I think the process is normally faster.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary offer was set in stone, but they offered a higher signing bonus to offset the gap plus higher annual bonus payout.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online for this position last week of June and got a call from one of their HR people couple of weeks later who then set up a phone interview with the Cyber Security Operations manager. It was a straight forward interview with him where he asked a few questions from my resume and my experience etc. Then he asked me to come over for an onsite interview in a few days. I got no response from their HR team about it for over a week. They were pretty annoying in that they never responded to any phone calls or emails. I followed up with the hiring manager about it and soon after an interview date was set up the following week. The interview process was alright. I had an interview with three other team members, who asked quite a bit of questions from my resume and technical terms related to Network Security. They vastly elaborated on things they work on and what vendors they used. Most of them were very friendly and offered good insights to the field of Security. I left the interview feeling I'd done quite well.

The hiring manager told me to email him if I didn't hear about a decision in a week or so. Thats exactly what I did. He replied to me saying there was some 'BSC initiative' due to which the hiring has been put on hold and they can't hire anyone. Said once they get the permission to hire, he'd love to call me in for a second interview. If thats so, why did you interview me in the first place? I kinda sensed it was some sort of hoax to keep me as a backup option in case their preferred candidate turned them down. A couple of weeks later, I visited the job posting for this position in their website and it said that the position has been filled. I had expected it so wasn't bothered but what disappointed me the most was the fact that they didn't have the decency to inform me about it. Had I not been advised through others before that the position has been filled, I'd still be living in false hope that I may get a second interview from them. You'd expect a company like Boston Scientific to have the courtesy to inform candidates if they aren't going to be hired. I wasn't disappointed with the fact that I didn't get it, I knew I may not be the perfect candidate and all. But least you could do is inform the person he isn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Most were pretty straight forward in the entire process with questions ranging from your resume and experience on the technologies you have worked with as an intern or in school.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

The hiring process is very long and the recruiter did not seem to know the interviewing steps or the process well. You interview with many people and they make changes to the interview times with no regard to the interviewee. The recruiter never seems to be available or answers calls in a timely matter.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but personal. It seems they try to find out if you will be a type of person who does not have outside responsibilities to insure you will work long days. The questions I found odd were more on the personal side like what your hobbies are and family life.   Answer Question

There does not seem to be a life/work balance.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One phone interview: Thirty minutes, very business-like, purely about factual knowledge and previous experience.
    One in-house interview: 4+ hour interview with 5 different people, one at a time for ~45 min each. Final person was director level for 1.5 hours. Interviewers were Senior Engineer level and above. Some factual questions, but mostly personality and experience questions. It was important to them to find an employee that would fit with company culture. Interview was relaxed and not stressful. Conversation with director was about career goals and company culture.

The company moved very quickly from the phone interview forward. An offer letter was sent within two days of the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Several technical questions about statistics. Meaning and significance of mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a signing bonus. The company was immovable on salary, but a signing bonus was settled on due to another competing offer.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online through company website. I was initially contacted by an HR recruiter two weeks after I applied. Had phone interview after a week, with hiring manager directly instead of HR person. I was told the HR person was out on vacation. Phone interview went well - all resume / general conversation questions about myself, why I'm leaving, that sort of thing. Two weeks later I was flown for an onsite interview, where I had several 45 minute interviews, first with 3 first-line managers, then 2 higher managers, then 1 senior engineer who just took me on a tour of the facilities. All on-site interviewers just asked behavioral questions, but trying to dig a little into each question. For example: Tell me about a time when you were improving a process, followed by several other questions about that scenario - team, tools used, documentation process I followed at previous employer.

I thought my interview went well - I can't think of anything that went south. After one week passed, I emailed the hiring manager, who told me they're making a decision the following week and that I should hear back. Then more weeks passed, and I reached out to the recruiter. She failed to reply to my email.

I was disappointed with the HR department for failing to contact me about my application status.
    Otherwise, the people seemed nice and intelligent. I think I would have liked working there.

Interview Questions

• Tell us the flow of documentation for __ problem at your employer.   Answer Question