Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.9

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online for this position last week of June and got a call from one of their HR people couple of weeks later who then set up a phone interview with the Cyber Security Operations manager. It was a straight forward interview with him where he asked a few questions from my resume and my experience etc. Then he asked me to come over for an onsite interview in a few days. I got no response from their HR team about it for over a week. They were pretty annoying in that they never responded to any phone calls or emails. I followed up with the hiring manager about it and soon after an interview date was set up the following week. The interview process was alright. I had an interview with three other team members, who asked quite a bit of questions from my resume and technical terms related to Network Security. They vastly elaborated on things they work on and what vendors they used. Most of them were very friendly and offered good insights to the field of Security. I left the interview feeling I'd done quite well. The hiring manager told me to email him if I didn't hear about a decision in a week or so. Thats exactly what I did. He replied to me saying there was some 'BSC initiative' due to which the hiring has been put on hold and they can't hire anyone. Said once they get the permission to hire, he'd love to call me in for a second interview. If thats so, why did you interview me in the first place? I kinda sensed it was some sort of hoax to keep me as a backup option in case their preferred candidate turned them down. A couple of weeks later, I visited the job posting for this position in their website and it said that the position has been filled. I had expected it so wasn't bothered but what disappointed me the most was the fact that they didn't have the decency to inform me about it. Had I not been advised through others before that the position has been filled, I'd still be living in false hope that I may get a second interview from them. You'd expect a company like Boston Scientific to have the courtesy to inform candidates if they aren't going to be hired. I wasn't disappointed with the fact that I didn't get it, I knew I may not be the perfect candidate and all. But least you could do is inform the person he isn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Most were pretty straight forward in the entire process with questions ranging from your resume and experience on the technologies you have worked with as an intern or in school.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

The hiring process is very long and the recruiter did not seem to know the interviewing steps or the process well. You interview with many people and they make changes to the interview times with no regard to the interviewee. The recruiter never seems to be available or answers calls in a timely matter.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but personal. It seems they try to find out if you will be a type of person who does not have outside responsibilities to insure you will work long days. The questions I found odd were more on the personal side like what your hobbies are and family life.   Answer Question

There does not seem to be a life/work balance.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One phone interview: Thirty minutes, very business-like, purely about factual knowledge and previous experience. One in-house interview: 4+ hour interview with 5 different people, one at a time for ~45 min each. Final person was director level for 1.5 hours. Interviewers were Senior Engineer level and above. Some factual questions, but mostly personality and experience questions. It was important to them to find an employee that would fit with company culture. Interview was relaxed and not stressful. Conversation with director was about career goals and company culture. The company moved very quickly from the phone interview forward. An offer letter was sent within two days of the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Several technical questions about statistics. Meaning and significance of mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a signing bonus. The company was immovable on salary, but a signing bonus was settled on due to another competing offer.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through a career fair at the university. First phone interview about half an hour long. Technical interview. Not very difficult. I emailed the day of the interview to thank the interviewer. They didn't follow up after the interview. I thought it was very unprofessional.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online through company website. I was initially contacted by an HR recruiter two weeks after I applied. Had phone interview after a week, with hiring manager directly instead of HR person. I was told the HR person was out on vacation. Phone interview went well - all resume / general conversation questions about myself, why I'm leaving, that sort of thing. Two weeks later I was flown for an onsite interview, where I had several 45 minute interviews, first with 3 first-line managers, then 2 higher managers, then 1 senior engineer who just took me on a tour of the facilities. All on-site interviewers just asked behavioral questions, but trying to dig a little into each question. For example: Tell me about a time when you were improving a process, followed by several other questions about that scenario - team, tools used, documentation process I followed at previous employer. I thought my interview went well - I can't think of anything that went south. After one week passed, I emailed the hiring manager, who told me they're making a decision the following week and that I should hear back. Then more weeks passed, and I reached out to the recruiter. She failed to reply to my email. I was disappointed with the HR department for failing to contact me about my application status. Otherwise, the people seemed nice and intelligent. I think I would have liked working there.

Interview Questions

• Tell us the flow of documentation for __ problem at your employer.   Answer Question

Interview

I was invited to a networking event and was contacted for an hour interview. Two thirty minute sessions. First thirty was all off job experience and the second was all based on academic experience. The interviewers were extremely friendly and made you feel comfortable from the moment you walked in.

SharePoint Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Generic questions about CMS, SharePoint.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the internship position online with my resume and cover letter. I received an offer for an interview and scheduled it. I had two interviews back to back at my school that were 30 minutes each. My interviewers were pretty friendly and in Senior Associate positions. They wanted to get to know me and told me a lot about themselves. They got back to me a few days later.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

phone interviews, then 14 in person 30 minute interviews. some of the people who interviewed me I never met with again.

Interview Questions

• really nothing I couldn't handle. seemed like it was all from a standard interview guide.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took a pay cut to join the team, and there was no wiggle room on the salary. signing bonus helped somewhat offset the pay gap.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Initial phone interview was with a person completely unfamiliar with the position. She was unable to answer the questions I had.