Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

IS Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in October 2010.

It was a great experience interviewing with Boston Scientific. From application to the end of the interview, the whole process was very organized. People from their company were nice. During my interview, besides some behavior questions like "tell me about a good and a bad decision you have made and compare them", he also asked about how I utilized my technique skills in my previous experience. So apparently they want people with IS background and knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be about an experience that you had a person on your team that made the team challenging, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Information Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2010.

Very standard behavioral interview questions with a manager and then a director. Around 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you needed to work as a part of a team   Answer Question

Senior Manager, R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2010.

Interview questions focused on experience scenarios and my reaction to them. My background experience was valued and the interviewer was forthcoming with the decription and demands of the job.

Interview Questions
    • What types of people do you like working with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the last time you had to change the mind of a superior or customer.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2010.

The process was very short from begining to end and very professional. The HR recruiter was very helpful and prompt to respond to any questions I had. I had one phone screen within 4 days of having my resume submitted. I recevied a call within a couple of days to set up first round interviews. Called within 3 hours of my first round to schedule second round. I received a verbal offer within one business day of my 2nd round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe the position as I had understood it from the previous interviewers.   Answer Question
    • Why do I want to hire you?   Answer Question
    My initial offer was very fair with them meeting my requested salary requirements. There was no need for further negotiations.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2010.

Very thorough, I went through 18 interviews - but for a very visable and important position. They did their due diligence for sure which I feel was a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a war-time general or a peace-time general... and why?   Answer Question
    Virtually none was needed as the offer was generous.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in June 2010.

Initially, an internal recruiter will contact you for a phone screen. You'll first do a one on one with the regional manager, followed up by an interview with the local field team. If you pass the first three stages, you'll do a day long ride along.

Interview Questions
    None. I was initially happy with the compensation.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2010.

I interviewed with 5 different managers and supervisors so it lasted a while but the questions were pretty standard and everyone was very nice and respectful. There was discussion about the position, my experience/education, and some of the interviewers were more conversational. I think I interviewed at the right time where they needed someone immediately, so that could be a factor in why I was hired soon after the interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2010.

it was a long and arduous process meeting with several people including hiring manager, their manager, and peers on different occiasions. The last step was a ride along with a peer in a different territory.

Interview Questions
    • What are situations where you failed professionally?   Answer Question
    • Why have you been at your current company so long, and why now change?   Answer Question

They decided that a different territory than what I applied for was where they wanted to place me.

Labeling Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2010.

Intial interview was with the HR rep, followed up by 5 hours of additional meetings with 5 individuals. The interviews were standard questions, fit with the organization, functional experience, meeting with management from different areas of the organization. Approx. 20 days later set up second round of interviews. Job offer came 30 days later.Extensive background check, reference check, etc.

Interview Questions
    A little room for negotiation, standard advice, know what you need/want.

Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2010.

Interviews were panel interviews with each panel ocmprised of either Engineers or Managers. Good questioning that focused on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly routine questions. Nothing extraordinary   View Answer
    You had to accept the initial offer. Not much berth for negotiation