Boston Scientific Interview Questions

2.9

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2010.

it was a long and arduous process meeting with several people including hiring manager, their manager, and peers on different occiasions. The last step was a ride along with a peer in a different territory.

Interview Questions
    • What are situations where you failed professionally?   Answer Question
    • Why have you been at your current company so long, and why now change?   Answer Question

They decided that a different territory than what I applied for was where they wanted to place me.

Rotation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2012.

Met them through campus recruiting. They were extremely helpful and friendly. I went to a dinner for interview candidates, followed by a 1:1 interview the next day at my University. This led to a site visit where I spent the day and had 4 interviews. I had a great time and they mainly asked behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when...." and I would describe all sorts of situations and work experiences. Typical type of questions.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2012.

First was a 1:1 Interview with a R&D engineer. We went through my resume and he asked me technical questions regarding the various positions that I held. For example, I did lab work pertaining to signal processing so he asked me "What is the difference between a Fourier Transform and a Laplace Transform?" I'm also doing a concentration in statistics so he asked me "Name some different statistical tests and a real world application for them?" and "Name the different probability distributions that you know and real world application for them?"

Second was a phone interview. It was very short (approx. 5 minutes) and were all basic questions like "Why Boston Scientific?" and "You are obviously applying to other companies besides Boston Scientific, what qualifications are you using to decide which company you would want to work for?"

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you would like to do if you got an internship this summer. (Make sure you have an answer ready, why you want to work on that project, and what you have done that relates to it.)   Answer Question

Executive Assistant to President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2012.

The recruiter was very vague and uninterested in the candidate. Also, the recruiter did not do her research to whom she was speaking to. In other words, while interviewing someone, you should do research on the companies the candidate has worked for, so that you have an understanding of what corporate level they are at. This recruiter for Boston Scientific instead made quick judgment on the candidate and the types of companies listed on the resume. Terrible... they need to clean up their HR Dept, because they are unable to screen and spot talent. She also did not describe the position in full detail, instead refered me to read the posting and did not want to elaborate on the position at hand.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter at Boston Scientific did not ask relevant questions at all.   View Answer

Labeling Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2010.

Intial interview was with the HR rep, followed up by 5 hours of additional meetings with 5 individuals. The interviews were standard questions, fit with the organization, functional experience, meeting with management from different areas of the organization. Approx. 20 days later set up second round of interviews. Job offer came 30 days later.Extensive background check, reference check, etc.

Interview Questions
    A little room for negotiation, standard advice, know what you need/want.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific in January 2011.

Interview of shorter then expected. Make sure to review website and product divisions and be ready to discuss. The more you know about the devices the better! I thought the phone interview was more challenges then the panel interview as the questions asked in the phone interview were very specific to the posting whereas the face-to-face interview was more general.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the different divisions of BSC? How familiar are you with the device produced by each?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interesting in a career in the medical device industry? Be specific.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arden Hills, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in June 2011.

All male interview panel, mostly military

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2011.

It was a long interview process, including a simultaneous background screening and referral check due to their time frame. I was annoyed to have to give referrals and do the background check, especially since it used social capital for a job offer I didnt even get.

The interview in person was 7 people over a whole day, but at least they bought me lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Example of bringing a product to market, and how to deal with difficult people. This was a multi-part case that was confusing and hard.   Answer Question

Information Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2010.

Very standard behavioral interview questions with a manager and then a director. Around 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you needed to work as a part of a team   Answer Question

Senior Manager, R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2010.

Interview questions focused on experience scenarios and my reaction to them. My background experience was valued and the interviewer was forthcoming with the decription and demands of the job.

Interview Questions
    • What types of people do you like working with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the last time you had to change the mind of a superior or customer.   Answer Question