Boston Scientific

2.9

Design Assurance Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in June 2012.

Entry level-no technical questions. just goes through resume. Speak to 6 people for 3 hours

Interview Questions
    simple but it was entry leve

Rotation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2012.

Met them through campus recruiting. They were extremely helpful and friendly. I went to a dinner for interview candidates, followed by a 1:1 interview the next day at my University. This led to a site visit where I spent the day and had 4 interviews. I had a great time and they mainly asked behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when...." and I would describe all sorts of situations and work experiences. Typical type of questions.

Executive Assistant to President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2012.

The recruiter was very vague and uninterested in the candidate. Also, the recruiter did not do her research to whom she was speaking to. In other words, while interviewing someone, you should do research on the companies the candidate has worked for, so that you have an understanding of what corporate level they are at. This recruiter for Boston Scientific instead made quick judgment on the candidate and the types of companies listed on the resume. Terrible... they need to clean up their HR Dept, because they are unable to screen and spot talent. She also did not describe the position in full detail, instead refered me to read the posting and did not want to elaborate on the position at hand.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter at Boston Scientific did not ask relevant questions at all.   View Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2012.

First was a 1:1 Interview with a R&D engineer. We went through my resume and he asked me technical questions regarding the various positions that I held. For example, I did lab work pertaining to signal processing so he asked me "What is the difference between a Fourier Transform and a Laplace Transform?" I'm also doing a concentration in statistics so he asked me "Name some different statistical tests and a real world application for them?" and "Name the different probability distributions that you know and real world application for them?"

Second was a phone interview. It was very short (approx. 5 minutes) and were all basic questions like "Why Boston Scientific?" and "You are obviously applying to other companies besides Boston Scientific, what qualifications are you using to decide which company you would want to work for?"

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you would like to do if you got an internship this summer. (Make sure you have an answer ready, why you want to work on that project, and what you have done that relates to it.)   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2011.

It was a long interview process, including a simultaneous background screening and referral check due to their time frame. I was annoyed to have to give referrals and do the background check, especially since it used social capital for a job offer I didnt even get.

The interview in person was 7 people over a whole day, but at least they bought me lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Example of bringing a product to market, and how to deal with difficult people. This was a multi-part case that was confusing and hard.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in June 2011.

All male interview panel, mostly military

Industrial Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2011.

Interviewed with someone from the San Jose site when applying for Fremont site. Standard interview asking behavioral but also technical questions regarding my major. Did not include an on-site visit which might or might not have swayed my opinion away from the job. I would have gotten a better understanding of the location at least...

Interview Questions
    • Please describe the types of Inventory in a manufacturing facility.   View Answer

Interactive Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2011.

Interview process for setting up was typical of a large company, detailed and painstaking application process to submit resume, went through phone interview and then 2 in person interviews. Would have had to fly to Boston for a full day of interviews if the process would have gone any further, but it ended for me after the first in person interview. Seemed to have a very limited understanding of how to fit mobile into their strategy and our opinions didn't mesh - that was where the process ended for me.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to have examples of mobile possibilities in marketing for physicians (specifically SMS)   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific in January 2011.

Interview of shorter then expected. Make sure to review website and product divisions and be ready to discuss. The more you know about the devices the better! I thought the phone interview was more challenges then the panel interview as the questions asked in the phone interview were very specific to the posting whereas the face-to-face interview was more general.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the different divisions of BSC? How familiar are you with the device produced by each?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interesting in a career in the medical device industry? Be specific.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate.

Senior ELearning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in December 2010.

HR lined up the interview, stacking one right after the other.
    Interviewed with Department Heads (2 Managers) + 2 co-workers/peers.