Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Senior Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

The HR recruiter sent me an email via an online social networking site. The position sounded interesting to me and so I replied. It took a few weeks until I was contacted again but then I was set up for an onsite interview. The interviews consisted of 3 different interview teams of 2 people. The first was very relaxed with a few key questions that the interviewers liked asking. The second team had a set list of questions and kept the interview very standardized. The last team was again relaxed. Everyone was very pleasant and engaging.

Interview Questions

• All standard questions, strengths, weakness, difficult choices, asking for example of how I made decisions, prioritize, etc.   Answer Question

The salary was ok but given that I was moving from a rural area to the city the cost of living made the increase minimal. The salary consisted of a base and bonus. Medical benefits were priced good, even lower than I pay at my current company. Relocation package was offered but not enough to offset the cost of living increase due to city living.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Arden Hills, MN).

Interview

very curios, very respectful, asked basic questions.

Interview Questions

• white board a bit flip & differentiate Linux as a non-RTOS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate on their salary, just starting bonus.

Quality Systems Maqnager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in August 2013.

Interview

It was easy to apply for the position. I simply uploaded my resume, and filled out some application questions online. The interviews were professional, and the interviewers asked good subject related questions, and general quality system questions. The interviews were with approximately 5 individuals, and were spread out across 2 days.

Interview Questions

• I did not receive any particularly unexpected questions. Most difficult questions revolved around my subject matter expertise on the functional area the department represented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal. The initial offer was acceptable, and as I understand it, not negotiable.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by multi-panel in person interview

Biomedical Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Arrived at Burlington location, reception was pretty disorganized, but eventually they found out who I was supposed to interview with. Interview with one person only for about an hour, mostly just conversationally going through my resume. Also a semi-technical question thrown in, related to something on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What are the advantages of an instrumentation amplifier over a regular op-amp differential amplifier?   Answer Question

Field Clinical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific (West Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Most people are recruited by other employees who then make their recommendation to the hiring manager. The first interview is by phone where the manager requests you to send in your resume. Once this is reviewed he will sit down face to face with you in an informal setting and go over your experiences and company knowledge. The last step is the formal interview with a regional manager and the area VP.

Interview Questions

• What type of clinical experiences do you have that translate into device sales, marketing, and follow up. How would you rate your technical aptitude. Are you willing to take call and work early and late?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Phone Interview -30 minutes In Person Interview- 2 hours 3 interviewers

Interview Questions

• how to implement a new social media intiative   1 Answer

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2013.

Interview

applied online and 2 weeks later got an email from internal recruiter asking to set up a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. Interview lasted 15 minutes and in the end she asked for me to come in for an interview with team

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The recruiters at Boston Scientific are terrible. In trying to schedule a phone interview, I was stood up four times! Four times for an interview that she scheduled. Finally got her on the phone for the phone screening and a couple of weeks later with the hiring manager. A few weeks after the phone screening I went on-site and interviewed with the manufacturing team - tooling group manager, equipment manager, and process manager, as well as with some of the staff. A month later I was asked to come back for a second interview which lasted about 45minutes. Then ... never head back from them.

Interview Questions

• Everything was straight forward. No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Application

interviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2013.

Interview

Went to a career fair in Indiana. I showed them my resume, did my elevator speech, and made sure to mention I knew about the company. I then got selected for an interview, and the H.R. asked personality questions and general questions that I had to related with the engineering knowledge.