Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Interview Questions in Marlborough, MA

2.5

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2014.

I applied online for this position last week of June and got a call from one of their HR people couple of weeks later who then set up a phone interview with the Cyber Security Operations manager. It was a straight forward interview with him where he asked a few questions from my resume and my experience etc. Then he asked me to come over for an onsite interview in a few days. I got no response from their HR team about it for over a week. They were pretty annoying in that they never responded to any phone calls or emails. I followed up with the hiring manager about it and soon after an interview date was set up the following week. The interview process was alright. I had an interview with three other team members, who asked quite a bit of questions from my resume and technical terms related to Network Security. They vastly elaborated on things they work on and what vendors they used. Most of them were very friendly and offered good insights to the field of Security. I left the interview feeling I'd done quite well.

The hiring manager told me to email him if I didn't hear about a decision in a week or so. Thats exactly what I did. He replied to me saying there was some 'BSC initiative' due to which the hiring has been put on hold and they can't hire anyone. Said once they get the permission to hire, he'd love to call me in for a second interview. If thats so, why did you interview me in the first place? I kinda sensed it was some sort of hoax to keep me as a backup option in case their preferred candidate turned them down. A couple of weeks later, I visited the job posting for this position in their website and it said that the position has been filled. I had expected it so wasn't bothered but what disappointed me the most was the fact that they didn't have the decency to inform me about it. Had I not been advised through others before that the position has been filled, I'd still be living in false hope that I may get a second interview from them. You'd expect a company like Boston Scientific to have the courtesy to inform candidates if they aren't going to be hired. I wasn't disappointed with the fact that I didn't get it, I knew I may not be the perfect candidate and all. But least you could do is inform the person he isn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Most were pretty straight forward in the entire process with questions ranging from your resume and experience on the technologies you have worked with as an intern or in school.   Answer Question

Director, Global Brand and Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Boston Scientific in December 2013.

In person with Sr. Management, Peers, subordinates, and Corp Comm VP

Interview Questions
    • If you had one "do-over" in your career, what would it be.   Answer Question

Design Assurance Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in June 2012.

Entry level-no technical questions. just goes through resume. Speak to 6 people for 3 hours

Interview Questions
    simple but it was entry leve

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2011.

It was a long interview process, including a simultaneous background screening and referral check due to their time frame. I was annoyed to have to give referrals and do the background check, especially since it used social capital for a job offer I didnt even get.

The interview in person was 7 people over a whole day, but at least they bought me lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Example of bringing a product to market, and how to deal with difficult people. This was a multi-part case that was confusing and hard.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2010.

The process was very short from begining to end and very professional. The HR recruiter was very helpful and prompt to respond to any questions I had. I had one phone screen within 4 days of having my resume submitted. I recevied a call within a couple of days to set up first round interviews. Called within 3 hours of my first round to schedule second round. I received a verbal offer within one business day of my 2nd round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe the position as I had understood it from the previous interviewers.   Answer Question
    • Why do I want to hire you?   Answer Question
    My initial offer was very fair with them meeting my requested salary requirements. There was no need for further negotiations.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2010.

I interviewed with 5 different managers and supervisors so it lasted a while but the questions were pretty standard and everyone was very nice and respectful. There was discussion about the position, my experience/education, and some of the interviewers were more conversational. I think I interviewed at the right time where they needed someone immediately, so that could be a factor in why I was hired soon after the interviews.

Labeling Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2010.

Intial interview was with the HR rep, followed up by 5 hours of additional meetings with 5 individuals. The interviews were standard questions, fit with the organization, functional experience, meeting with management from different areas of the organization. Approx. 20 days later set up second round of interviews. Job offer came 30 days later.Extensive background check, reference check, etc.

Interview Questions
    A little room for negotiation, standard advice, know what you need/want.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific in December 2009.

The Corp Strategy group is very effective at interviewing. They are able to ask you the right questions (in case format), but still make the interview informative and interesting for you as the candidate. You can expect to be tested via case study. Be sure to have clear, concise and logical responses to these cases.

Interview Questions
    The company is willing to work with you from a base salary perspective

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2009.

Standard like any other company. There wasn't much of a scrutiny. However, the co-ordination between the recruiter and the hiring authority was sub par.

International Group Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific in June 2009.

6 interviews over 5 days including direct and non-direct reports

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate a team that is very unmotivated and is not incented to sell your products?   Answer Question