Boston Scientific Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Updated May 31, 2015

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Arden Hills, MN).

Interview

Very technical and very nice people. The interviews were strong technically and had a strong understanding of the company. They really sold the benefit to the patients. They start out with a phone screen and them fly you in for an in person where they pick up the tab for a room, board, etc. They have an impressive cups and always take the time out to explain some of the processes.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

My interview took place in a conference room with two of the managers, one of whom became my direct supervisor. I really liked the interview, the process seemed relaxed. I didn't like that the wage was completely non-negotiable, and I was only given 5 hours to decide, even though I asked for a day or two to think about the decision.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where I made a mistake, and what did I do?   1 Answer

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Arden Hills, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on line. It took a few weeks to receive the initial interview, but the responses and follow ups after the first interview were prompt. After the first phone interview, I had a half day of one on one interviews with other key members of the department. The one on one interview process was very flexible - it was conducted via teleconference at the Arden Hills Facility since I was from out of state. Although I opted to accept my offer before visiting the site, I had the option to visit before accepting. During my interviews, I knew the team was a good fit for me and had no reservations about accepting.

Interview Questions

• Tax Technical questions to confirm the depth of my background   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Was contacted on Linkedin by BSc recruiter. After a phone interview with HR and then one with the hiring manager I went in for a 2 hour interview on site. The interview was split into two group interviews. First with 3 BSc managers and then a peer interview with 3 engineers. After that there was a tour of the facilities. Good overall experience and well organized interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Really brought in the big guns on this one. Did a ton of research beforehand that ended up being a complete waste of time. Your typical situation/behavior-based questions. Do they want a good interviewer or do they want someone who has the background, skills, & qualifications for the position? Anyone can answer questions using the STAR method. Also, while I'm at it, the whole applicant tracking system is flawed. For the love of God, what do you have to do to get a hiring mgr to view a resume w/ their own eyes vs. an entry-level, recent college grad and/or key word system? Anyways, interview didn't go the smoothest, but I've had worse that resulted in offers. Sent ty email and mailed ty note right away. Also, tried to alleviate reservations by attaching press releases, references (including from VP level), awards, certifications, yada, yada. Of course she probably doesn't realize what it takes to break into the industry, stay in the industry, and be successful in the industry - let alone the call points which consist of educating high-profile cardiologists and electrophysiologists (who typically go to school longer than her age). FU email a week later (attached presentation) and received the thanks, but no thanks generic automated email rejection letter a day later. Replied for constructive feedback, which I doubt she could ever provide, and has not responded. To think I used to interview distributors for these types of positions...

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

phone interviews, then 14 in person 30 minute interviews. some of the people who interviewed me I never met with again.

Interview Questions

• really nothing I couldn't handle. seemed like it was all from a standard interview guide.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took a pay cut to join the team, and there was no wiggle room on the salary. signing bonus helped somewhat offset the pay gap.

Senior Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

The HR recruiter sent me an email via an online social networking site. The position sounded interesting to me and so I replied. It took a few weeks until I was contacted again but then I was set up for an onsite interview. The interviews consisted of 3 different interview teams of 2 people. The first was very relaxed with a few key questions that the interviewers liked asking. The second team had a set list of questions and kept the interview very standardized. The last team was again relaxed. Everyone was very pleasant and engaging.

Interview Questions

• All standard questions, strengths, weakness, difficult choices, asking for example of how I made decisions, prioritize, etc.   Answer Question

The salary was ok but given that I was moving from a rural area to the city the cost of living made the increase minimal. The salary consisted of a base and bonus. Medical benefits were priced good, even lower than I pay at my current company. Relocation package was offered but not enough to offset the cost of living increase due to city living.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

very curios, very respectful, asked basic questions.

Interview Questions

• white board a bit flip & differentiate Linux as a non-RTOS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate on their salary, just starting bonus.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

Interview process was standard for a company this size. The initial interview was a phone screen from HR followed by an initial round of interviews that lasted a majority of the day (approx. 5 hours). After a week, I was called back in for a second interview round (5 hours) before receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project in which you failed to meet expectations and how did you work to correct it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

Was called by recruiter for an initial assessment of my backgrounds. Was asked about work experiences. Problem solving methods. Some behavior questions. Was told to wait for another call for an onsite interview. No calls yet so far after a week.