Boston Scientific Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

3.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Interventional Cardiology Clinical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2014.

Really brought in the big guns on this one. Did a ton of research beforehand that ended up being a complete waste of time. Your typical situation/behavior-based questions. Do they want a good interviewer or do they want someone who has the background, skills, & qualifications for the position? Anyone can answer questions using the STAR method. Also, while I'm at it, the whole applicant tracking system is flawed. For the love of God, what do you have to do to get a hiring mgr to view a resume w/ their own eyes vs. an entry-level, recent college grad and/or key word system? Anyways, interview didn't go the smoothest, but I've had worse that resulted in offers. Sent ty email and mailed ty note right away. Also, tried to alleviate reservations by attaching press releases, references (including from VP level), awards, certifications, yada, yada. Of course she probably doesn't realize what it takes to break into the industry, stay in the industry, and be successful in the industry - let alone the call points which consist of educating high-profile cardiologists and electrophysiologists (who typically go to school longer than her age). FU email a week later (attached presentation) and received the thanks, but no thanks generic automated email rejection letter a day later. Replied for constructive feedback, which I doubt she could ever provide, and has not responded. To think I used to interview distributors for these types of positions...

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

phone interviews, then 14 in person 30 minute interviews. some of the people who interviewed me I never met with again.

Interview Questions
    • really nothing I couldn't handle. seemed like it was all from a standard interview guide.   Answer Question
    I took a pay cut to join the team, and there was no wiggle room on the salary. signing bonus helped somewhat offset the pay gap.

Senior Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2013.

The HR recruiter sent me an email via an online social networking site. The position sounded interesting to me and so I replied. It took a few weeks until I was contacted again but then I was set up for an onsite interview. The interviews consisted of 3 different interview teams of 2 people. The first was very relaxed with a few key questions that the interviewers liked asking. The second team had a set list of questions and kept the interview very standardized. The last team was again relaxed. Everyone was very pleasant and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • All standard questions, strengths, weakness, difficult choices, asking for example of how I made decisions, prioritize, etc.   Answer Question

The salary was ok but given that I was moving from a rural area to the city the cost of living made the increase minimal. The salary consisted of a base and bonus. Medical benefits were priced good, even lower than I pay at my current company. Relocation package was offered but not enough to offset the cost of living increase due to city living.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arden Hills, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

very curios, very respectful, asked basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • white board a bit flip & differentiate Linux as a non-RTOS.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate on their salary, just starting bonus.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview process was standard for a company this size. The initial interview was a phone screen from HR followed by an initial round of interviews that lasted a majority of the day (approx. 5 hours). After a week, I was called back in for a second interview round (5 hours) before receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project in which you failed to meet expectations and how did you work to correct it?   Answer Question
    There was no room to negotiate.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2012.

Was called by recruiter for an initial assessment of my backgrounds. Was asked about work experiences. Problem solving methods. Some behavior questions. Was told to wait for another call for an onsite interview. No calls yet so far after a week.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2012.

First was a 1:1 Interview with a R&D engineer. We went through my resume and he asked me technical questions regarding the various positions that I held. For example, I did lab work pertaining to signal processing so he asked me "What is the difference between a Fourier Transform and a Laplace Transform?" I'm also doing a concentration in statistics so he asked me "Name some different statistical tests and a real world application for them?" and "Name the different probability distributions that you know and real world application for them?"

Second was a phone interview. It was very short (approx. 5 minutes) and were all basic questions like "Why Boston Scientific?" and "You are obviously applying to other companies besides Boston Scientific, what qualifications are you using to decide which company you would want to work for?"

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you would like to do if you got an internship this summer. (Make sure you have an answer ready, why you want to work on that project, and what you have done that relates to it.)   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arden Hills, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in June 2011.

All male interview panel, mostly military

Interactive Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2011.

Interview process for setting up was typical of a large company, detailed and painstaking application process to submit resume, went through phone interview and then 2 in person interviews. Would have had to fly to Boston for a full day of interviews if the process would have gone any further, but it ended for me after the first in person interview. Seemed to have a very limited understanding of how to fit mobile into their strategy and our opinions didn't mesh - that was where the process ended for me.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to have examples of mobile possibilities in marketing for physicians (specifically SMS)   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific in January 2011.

Interview of shorter then expected. Make sure to review website and product divisions and be ready to discuss. The more you know about the devices the better! I thought the phone interview was more challenges then the panel interview as the questions asked in the phone interview were very specific to the posting whereas the face-to-face interview was more general.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the different divisions of BSC? How familiar are you with the device produced by each?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interesting in a career in the medical device industry? Be specific.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate.

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!