Boston Scientific

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in December 2012.

Interview with 4 members of the team

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Simple exercise for logic   View Answer

not a great offer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2012.

BSC actively recruited me. Interview process was pretty laid back until the end when it was time to negotiate start date. First interview was screening with HR, then had phone call with hiring manager, then trip to Natick. I was leaving from a competitor and there was an issue with comp owed to me from my former employer. I was constantly reminded that there was a raise in pay, and that I should be happy joining such a great company for the right reasons. They also reminded me there were layoffs at my current company. I didn't budge and stalled two months. When they realized I hadn't been laid off and I wouldn't leave unless they sweetened the pot, they caved. HR was very pushy, asked some questions that were borderline inappropriate. Seemed like there was a lot of unnecessary red tape around title, comp, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will like working for your boss? Do you think you will like the culture here- we don't want to make a mistake?   View Answer
    I took my time and stalled. They ended up giving me what I asked for.

Rotation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in March 2012.

Met them through campus recruiting. They were extremely helpful and friendly. I went to a dinner for interview candidates, followed by a 1:1 interview the next day at my University. This led to a site visit where I spent the day and had 4 interviews. I had a great time and they mainly asked behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when...." and I would describe all sorts of situations and work experiences. Typical type of questions.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2010.

Very thorough, I went through 18 interviews - but for a very visable and important position. They did their due diligence for sure which I feel was a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a war-time general or a peace-time general... and why?   Answer Question
    Virtually none was needed as the offer was generous.

Dispute Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific in January 2010.

The HR department was very helpful prior to my interviews and during the interview process. Unfortunately I was not offered the position due to postions being frozen and lay offs occuring. The same HR representative who had been so helpful and positive became very cold and unprofessional. I was a bit shocked by this seeing that this was the last contact I had with the company. It did not leave me with a very high opinion of how they operate.

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2009.

I was asked to put together a market overview presentation for an area the company was considering over a weekend. I was told this was pretty standard for commercial roles. After spending the entire weekend and receiving very positive feedback on my work I was informed that I did not meet the basic requirements for the job and thus was no longer being considered for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Boston Scientific   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2009.

Screened by recruiter, then a series of interviews with hiring manager, various team members. Very cordial, dedicated employees. They ended up giving the job to someone they promoted from the inside.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do as a manager if a team member had to go out on family leave just before a major deliverable was due.   Answer Question

R&D Scientist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2008.

A senior scientist called me and asked about what I was doing for my undergraduate research in a molecular biology lab. After telling him the gist of the topic, he then asked specific questions to make sure I knew what I was doing instead of blinding following protocols. I remember he made sure I knew how to quantify fluorescence after background was subtracted, these kinds of things. Made sure I knew how to culture cells.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting a cell culture question like what do cells look like when I culture them, mostly because I had no experience with that.   Answer Question