Boston Scientific Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

1.5

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One phone interview: Thirty minutes, very business-like, purely about factual knowledge and previous experience. One in-house interview: 4+ hour interview with 5 different people, one at a time for ~45 min each. Final person was director level for 1.5 hours. Interviewers were Senior Engineer level and above. Some factual questions, but mostly personality and experience questions. It was important to them to find an employee that would fit with company culture. Interview was relaxed and not stressful. Conversation with director was about career goals and company culture. The company moved very quickly from the phone interview forward. An offer letter was sent within two days of the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Several technical questions about statistics. Meaning and significance of mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a signing bonus. The company was immovable on salary, but a signing bonus was settled on due to another competing offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Really depends on the department. R&D and Marketing tend to be better trained at conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• They do a lot of talking. Questions were very predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I interviewed 8 years ago and they told me that they do not negotiate. I later found out otherwise.