Boston Sports Group

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Sports Group

Sales, Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston Sports Group (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

I apllied and the first thing was they wanted me to drive in for an interview but after doing research, the website is not very trustworthy and the client page made me do more research to find that the only articles on Boston Sports Group are free-press, it is basically a door-to-door salesman gig with horrible hours and 100% commission, if you need stability steer clear

ridiculous

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Sports Group (Waltham, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

Found the posting on craigslist and emailed my resume ... Heard back relatively quickly ... They were 30 minutes late for my interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes, who asked general questions (strengths/weaknesses, backgrounds, etc). Told me there was a good chance to move up quickly from sales to marketing/manager positions. Mentioned salary started at $37,000. Told me to he wanted me to come back later in the week to meet with Regional Manager.

Day before my schedule second interview, HR manager called and told me I would be going into the field ... I did some research and ONLY thing I could find aside from the job posting (EVERYWHERE) was on glassdoor.com, explaining how awful the second interview experience was and how the salary was based on commission, NOT guaranteed. I decided not to go on the final interview.

Interview Questions

I need a company with benefits and a decent salary ... Also, I wasn't crazy about doing sales.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Sports Group (Woburn, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

they called the day after i applied

to far,

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston Sports Group (Woburn, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called in for a preliminary interview. I talked to the director of this branch of the company and was told I would get a call that night if I made it to the second round. I was called and told that i made it and that the interview process would be from 9am-6pm the next day. I thought this was long but was willing to do it. The next day i came in and was paired up with a current employee and told that i would be going door to door selling promotions. I was also told that flexibility was important and that they wouldn't consider me unless i could start the next day. i said that i could make it work. I still had no idea the long day I had ahead of me. About half way through the day i was told that the job was 6 days a week from 7am to 6pm and commission only. when the interviewer asked if i wanted the job, i asked if i could think it over. She said that i had to tell her that day. I asked if i could talk to my husband about the work commitment and she said i could call him on the car ride back (in her car).

Interview Questions

The company made employees work 11hour days 6 days a week and doesn't pay any expenses ( benefits, gas reimbursement, copy center costs). It was too much.