Boston University

2.5

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Contract Office Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston University in November 2013.

Applied for position directly on the Boston University Website. An in person interview at the office after the first email. I had the interview in a friendly environment. Once offered position the first day I had to go to HR to do paperwork. It was a direct hire at Boston University.

Interview Questions
    • Your ability to work in a close setting with others. Ability to take corrections on work.   Answer Question
    The position was straight forward no negotiation.

Study Abroad Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University.

Quite a while after applying I got an invitation for an interview, basically I will tell you if you didn't stud at BU or study abroad with them its going to be rough trying to get a job through them, they hired an art student over my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were a bunch of hypothetical questions that cannot be answered in a vacuum and then some weird question about communication methods or something but fairly standad   Answer Question

Associate Director of Corporate Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Boston University in September 2012.

All development positions are posted on the BU development website, however through informational interviews I landed a direct interview with the hiring manager. Throughout the process and through interaction with others, I believe the email correspondences from the interviewees are looked at as a vital part of the "interview."

Interview Questions
    • "why do you want THIS position" well I couldn't answer convincingly enough it appeared.   Answer Question

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston University in August 2012.

Two interviews were required and they were in depth and lengthy but enjoyable. When my boss interviewed me for the job we got to know each other and the values we shared, we appreciated each other from the start and that has endured.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, BU HR said they could not change so offer accepted and recession had done enough damage to make the offer still better than current situation.

Financial Systems Director, BUworks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston University in August 2012.

Initial 1-hr interview with 4 people. Prior to interview I was given link to web site, but most access required a BU account. Softball questions; the interview started by their asking me if I had questions. Odd vibe in room as interviewers exchanged glances after each question I posed, as though they were afraid of revealing too much.

Second round of interviews were 3 hours with 10 people. No hard questions; purpose was to find "fit".

Interview Questions
    • How would I encourage resistant business offices who wanted to redesign the system yet were unable to translate their needs into technical requirements.   View Answer

Got an offer for another job that aligned more closely with my career goals.

Undergraduate Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Boston University in June 2012.

Submitted resume, contacted for interview circa 5 weeks later. Met with HR person first, then returned a week later to meet with individual department, including department chair, direct supervisor, and the person departing the position.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston University in March 2012.

There were 6 different interviews, back to back. Each interview was 30 minutes long, and there were 8 prospective employees being interviewed. There was a series of questions that most of them asked, many being the typical interview questions. This got tiring and repetitive because nearly every interviewer asked the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could erase one characteristic about yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

Business Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston University in January 2012.

I applied online through the university careers website and heard back about a week later. There was an initial human resources phone screen where about 10 standard questions were asked about work style, experience, and overall work history. I then had an in-person interview with the hiring manger.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions was related to finance and forecasting which I was unsure how to answer as that is not my specialty and I was unprepared at the time for it.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston University in January 2012.

High GPA and abilities of doing secondary data analysis, SPSS skills is favored.

Interview Questions
    • Based on what professor needs, the requirement will be differents   Answer Question
    working style

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston University in January 2012.

The interview process was relatively standard. Basic questions about what you envisioned to be your career path. What were your major strengths and your major weaknesses