Boston University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Professional Interview

Business Professional
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston University in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through the university careers website and heard back about a week later. There was an initial human resources phone screen where about 10 standard questions were asked about work style, experience, and overall work history. I then had an in-person interview with the hiring manger.

Interview Question – One of the questions was related to finance and forecasting which I was unsure how to answer as that is not my specialty and I was unprepared at the time for it.   Answer Question

Contract Office Worker Interview

Contract Office Worker
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston University in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for position directly on the Boston University Website. An in person interview at the office after the first email. I had the interview in a friendly environment. Once offered position the first day I had to go to HR to do paperwork. It was a direct hire at Boston University.

Interview Question – Your ability to work in a close setting with others. Ability to take corrections on work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position was straight forward no negotiation.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston University in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was pretty simple. It usually takes departments a long time to get back to you, but once you do, they try to onboard pretty quickly. It really depends on the department you are interviewing with. You will only be interviewed by the home department not by an HR representative for BU.

Interview Question – I really hate this question but it is always asked: What is your greatest weakness? I think it displays a lack of creativity but it's always used.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating is very unique from department to department. You should try to find out whether or not the position you are trying to get is a grant-funded position or otherwise. The grant-funded positions do not have ANY leeway and there will be no promotions once you get in. Otherwise, you may be able to negotiate. I will say the offers and pay are really low especially compared to other universities in the area.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston University in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was typical, with an application and 2 interviews. The process was not long.

Interview Question – Very few unexpected questions. I was asked to pick my questions from a list - which made me think I was being judged on the questions I picked and my answers.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Boston University in August 2010.

Interview Details – I remember that it took a long time from the time I applied to when I got an interview. In fact, I had forgotten that I'd applied! The questions were pretty normal, but the job was not very fancy so that's to be expected.

Interview Question – I was not an experienced interviewer (straight out of college), so every question was hard. Looking back, all the normal questions. Technology, how do you stay organized, how do you handle stress, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Compliance Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Boston University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews were required and they were in depth and lengthy but enjoyable. When my boss interviewed me for the job we got to know each other and the values we shared, we appreciated each other from the start and that has endured.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your prior employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, BU HR said they could not change so offer accepted and recession had done enough damage to make the offer still better than current situation.

Undergraduate Program Coordinator Interview

Undergraduate Program Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Boston University in June 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, contacted for interview circa 5 weeks later. Met with HR person first, then returned a week later to meet with individual department, including department chair, direct supervisor, and the person departing the position.

Interview Question – All questions were expected and basic.   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston University in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied with the Residence Life office. There were two classroom sessions of about twelve people, and we completed some hypothetical RA tasks, along with some getting-to-know-you type things. Then they called in March and said I had the job.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a highly emotional resident?   Answer Question

Study Abroad Office Interview

Study Abroad Office
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston University.

Interview Details – Quite a while after applying I got an invitation for an interview, basically I will tell you if you didn't stud at BU or study abroad with them its going to be rough trying to get a job through them, they hired an art student over my qualifications and experience.

Interview Question – There were a bunch of hypothetical questions that cannot be answered in a vacuum and then some weird question about communication methods or something but fairly standad   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Teaching Fellow
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Boston University in December 2011.

Interview Details – get recommended, and then get interviewed. I was recommended by the head of my department and then get the interview notice to see the head of the math department. He saw my resume and asked me if I have teaching experience, and I said I only taught kids violin before

Interview Question – How would you like to handle the student who is not satisfied with his score   Answer Question

Worked for Boston University? Contribute to the Community!