Boston University Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.6

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston University in December 2011.

get recommended, and then get interviewed. I was recommended by the head of my department and then get the interview notice to see the head of the math department. He saw my resume and asked me if I have teaching experience, and I said I only taught kids violin before

Interview Questions
    • How would you like to handle the student who is not satisfied with his score   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University in January 2011.

Interviewed 1:1 on the phone screen with the hiring manager. In addition, did a phone screen with what would have been two peers and a direct report. Also did two panel interviews three higher ups to which the hiring manager was late. Did another panel interview with the same people that would have been peers and a direct report. Overall, the questions were easy. The information sharing was exceptional. Discussed position and salary with the HR member. However, they never got back to me after four interviews. The position had been open five months before my round of interviews occured. Perhaps they do not know exactly what they are looking for? For that much time and energy invested - a negative response versus no response would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would integrate a new system when you will receive resistance from the current group of developers?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston University in December 2010.

I was a graduate student at BU and I just talked with one of the professors, so my case is not very general. The reviewer was rather nice, and mostly asked general questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University in November 2010.

Applied online and was contacted by department manager within 4-6 weeks. Interviewed in person and was brought back for a second interview a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I don't think anything was too out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Wordpress Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston University in October 2010.

The person interviewing me was not familiar with programming and I felt he wasn't able to properly gauge my answers. I heard back that they were interested and then never heard back again. I've been contacted by 3 different people since the interview who had no idea I had already been interviewed.

A simple yes or no would have been fine.

Interview Questions
    • What's something I've worked on in the past I am proud of and why?   View Answer

Liberty Mutual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston University in October 2010.

this just a phone interview.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boston University in September 2010.

The hiring and interview process was pretty simple. It usually takes departments a long time to get back to you, but once you do, they try to onboard pretty quickly. It really depends on the department you are interviewing with. You will only be interviewed by the home department not by an HR representative for BU.

Interview Questions
    • I really hate this question but it is always asked: What is your greatest weakness? I think it displays a lack of creativity but it's always used.   Answer Question
    Negotiating is very unique from department to department. You should try to find out whether or not the position you are trying to get is a grant-funded position or otherwise. The grant-funded positions do not have ANY leeway and there will be no promotions once you get in. Otherwise, you may be able to negotiate. I will say the offers and pay are really low especially compared to other universities in the area.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University in August 2010.

I remember that it took a long time from the time I applied to when I got an interview. In fact, I had forgotten that I'd applied! The questions were pretty normal, but the job was not very fancy so that's to be expected.

Interview Questions
    • I was not an experienced interviewer (straight out of college), so every question was hard. Looking back, all the normal questions. Technology, how do you stay organized, how do you handle stress, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston University in July 2010.

Hiring process was typical, with an application and 2 interviews. The process was not long.

Interview Questions
    • Very few unexpected questions. I was asked to pick my questions from a list - which made me think I was being judged on the questions I picked and my answers.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston University in March 2010.

I was searching for jobs on the university website. Found the job at the Office of Disability Services that required someone who could interact with customers. Sent in my resume, and recieved a call the following week to come in for an interview. Went in and had a one-on-one interview with the director. Following week I recieved the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a student who came that had a speach impediment that you were unable to respond to?   Answer Question