Boston University Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.5

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston University in September 2009.

The hiring process was long, drawn out, and unorganized. The amount of time it took to finally get hired was out of control. And there was very little description of salary ahead of time. That came later where there was little room for negotiation. Interviews were awkward and the questions asked were not related to the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, all just normal boring questions unrelated to the job.   View Answer
    Horrible

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston University in November 2010.

Applied online and was contacted by department manager within 4-6 weeks. Interviewed in person and was brought back for a second interview a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I don't think anything was too out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston University in January 2012.

High GPA and abilities of doing secondary data analysis, SPSS skills is favored.

Interview Questions
    • Based on what professor needs, the requirement will be differents   Answer Question
    working style

Associate Director of Corporate Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Boston University in September 2012.

All development positions are posted on the BU development website, however through informational interviews I landed a direct interview with the hiring manager. Throughout the process and through interaction with others, I believe the email correspondences from the interviewees are looked at as a vital part of the "interview."

Interview Questions
    • "why do you want THIS position" well I couldn't answer convincingly enough it appeared.   Answer Question

Financial Systems Director, BUworks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Boston University in August 2012.

Initial 1-hr interview with 4 people. Prior to interview I was given link to web site, but most access required a BU account. Softball questions; the interview started by their asking me if I had questions. Odd vibe in room as interviewers exchanged glances after each question I posed, as though they were afraid of revealing too much.

Second round of interviews were 3 hours with 10 people. No hard questions; purpose was to find "fit".

Interview Questions
    • How would I encourage resistant business offices who wanted to redesign the system yet were unable to translate their needs into technical requirements.   View Answer

Got an offer for another job that aligned more closely with my career goals.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Boston University in March 2012.

There were 6 different interviews, back to back. Each interview was 30 minutes long, and there were 8 prospective employees being interviewed. There was a series of questions that most of them asked, many being the typical interview questions. This got tiring and repetitive because nearly every interviewer asked the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could erase one characteristic about yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston University in January 2010.

I applied for postdoctoral position by e-mail and soon get call from the professor. He talk with me about my career goals and proposed to come for interview. At interview I made presentation of my research accomplishments for the lab members, talk with lab members 1:1 and with professor.

Interview Questions
    When I got an offer 1 week after the interview the salary proposed their was too small. I calculated my possible expenses for living in Boston and send to the professor my estimation of what salary I will need to survive. By this I was able to get 5K more.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston University in January 2012.

The interview process was relatively standard. Basic questions about what you envisioned to be your career path. What were your major strengths and your major weaknesses

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston University in March 2010.

I was searching for jobs on the university website. Found the job at the Office of Disability Services that required someone who could interact with customers. Sent in my resume, and recieved a call the following week to come in for an interview. Went in and had a one-on-one interview with the director. Following week I recieved the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a student who came that had a speach impediment that you were unable to respond to?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston University in January 2011.

Interviewed 1:1 on the phone screen with the hiring manager. In addition, did a phone screen with what would have been two peers and a direct report. Also did two panel interviews three higher ups to which the hiring manager was late. Did another panel interview with the same people that would have been peers and a direct report. Overall, the questions were easy. The information sharing was exceptional. Discussed position and salary with the HR member. However, they never got back to me after four interviews. The position had been open five months before my round of interviews occured. Perhaps they do not know exactly what they are looking for? For that much time and energy invested - a negative response versus no response would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would integrate a new system when you will receive resistance from the current group of developers?   Answer Question