Boston University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Easy questions, straight forward. They basically asked about my background, education and 5 year/ 10 year plan. They mostly talked to me about the lab, science and research and gave me a tour of the facilities. I met with the physician, nurse and manager. I also spoke with students in the lab while i waited in between interviews.

Grants Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, telephone conference, 2 visits to campus for personal interviews. After several follow up email exchanges I was made aware that someone with other work expertise not in granting assumed the position.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

The interview was very comprehensive. There were 2 group interviews, each lasting 2 hours. During that time, you and the other interviewees were expected to work together to solve issues. Then, after the group interviews, each person had an individual interview. It was intense, but overall a good experience. Remember to not compete with the other interviewees--they are judging to see how you work in a team setting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

I was called in for an Interview at HR, which was very easy, the woman asked some basic questions and gave me some information about benefits. However, I had not been previously informed that after that interview I would immediately have to go to an interview with the department manager for the position I applied for (they had set up the interview saying it was an interview with HR). I had worked at BU as a student and already knew the manager so it wasn't too bad for me, but talking to others who were hired after me, I think it was a little more disconcerting for them. The hiring process after the interview went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty typical behavioral type questions. I already knew the manager from previously working at BU so we got a bit off topic with things and it turned into more of just a chat than an interview   1 Answer

Interview

The interviewing process was quick with HR. The interview process with the actual team I worked with was a multi-step process and required multiple trips back to the University. The interviews were a combination of 1:1 with HR, and group interviews with the business teams. Overall the interview was quite standard and routine.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

I have applied through the university job listing. After that i got a call from them and they scheduled my interview. It was very good.. I was already prepared for all the questions hence I didnt face any issue.

Interview Questions

Interview

Application was made through the internet web site, and the submitted documents were reviewed by a committee. No any other type of interview process, But requiring a 84 Toefl exam and GRE exam and also above 3.0 GPA

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online at career website for the company, received a call within a couple of weeks and completed phone interview, then was asked to come in within the same week. Interviewed with supervisor of the position, then came back for a second interview with the supervisor's boss. First interview was very good, second interview the interviewer did not ask many questions, talked a lot about himself.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer spending a lot of time talking and not enough asking questions. It was hard to talk about myself or highlight my attributes when he just kept talking about himself.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First was with HR and one hiring manager with basic job interview questions. Second interview was with three senior staff and had more behavioral and industry specific questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the three biggest challenges in higher education today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered me what I stated my current salary was and negotiated for slightly more.

Program Manager CSC Interview

Interview

I have always had positive interview experiences for student positions at Boston University. The CSC office is no different. The Director and Asst. Director as well as students in the interview make you feel welcome and like you are worth their time. This immediately put me at ease and allowed me to focus on crafting my responses instead of my nerves. Further, they find places to relate to you.

Interview Questions

• They always try to put people at ease by asking them something like what song describes you or who would play you in a movie. This isn't something I generally think about so I just said the first thing that popped into my head, which probably didn't make any sense.   Answer Question