Boston University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.6

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

overview of the company

Liberty Mutual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

this just a phone interview.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston University in November 2013.

Interview

one interview- focussing on basic concepts of electrical engineering

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Received a call back relatively quickly after submitting my application. Had an initial interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then was called back a week later to schedule a second interview that lasted about 30. Both interviews included direct supervisors and HR personnel; second interview included executive director.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions asked were ineffective interview questions. They were about very specific details - the kinds of things that, on the job, you'd be able to look up online or in another resource, like "What does this acronym stand for?" "Describe your knowledge of these set of regulations" rather than more functional questions designed to gauge my fit for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I requested negotiation on the salary but was told it was impossible. They were flexible on my start date, however, which was nice.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

3 round, 2 group and then one final one on one. they got us to play out a lot of situations to see how we would react to different event happening. then they interviewed individually on why we felt we should get the job

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone screen first, after 20-25 minutes I was invited in for an in-person interview. Interview was less than an hour. I did not get that position but I was encouraged to apply for another. I did as they said and re-submitted for the 2nd job, unfortunately that process took several more weeks so dont give up on this one too quickly!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset law student with a concern.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A Offer as stands

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

business system analyst - 3 rounds; the interview was both behavioral, and knowledge based- both of them were important- besides being competent in the analytic / technical side, personal treats were equally important (being a team player, probably the most important one); experience mattered as well (specific examples from previous work / jobs was helpful)

Interview Questions

• both behavioral, and knowledge based; experience mattered as well   Answer Question

Undergraduate Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, contacted for interview circa 5 weeks later. Met with HR person first, then returned a week later to meet with individual department, including department chair, direct supervisor, and the person departing the position.

Secrer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Parents often complain about additional charges- How would you address their concern?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University in April 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews total for this position. I met with several very nice people from the office, which demonstrated to me how nice of an environment the office seemed. The only drawback to this process is how slow they are to get back to you, which is fairly common in higher ed, at least (not sure about other industries). Still waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal or typical- nothing out of left field.   Answer Question