Boston University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Liberty Mutual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

this just a phone interview.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

overview of the company

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Received a call back relatively quickly after submitting my application. Had an initial interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then was called back a week later to schedule a second interview that lasted about 30. Both interviews included direct supervisors and HR personnel; second interview included executive director.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions asked were ineffective interview questions. They were about very specific details - the kinds of things that, on the job, you'd be able to look up online or in another resource, like "What does this acronym stand for?" "Describe your knowledge of these set of regulations" rather than more functional questions designed to gauge my fit for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I requested negotiation on the salary but was told it was impossible. They were flexible on my start date, however, which was nice.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston University in November 2013.

Interview

one interview- focussing on basic concepts of electrical engineering

Study Abroad Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

Quite a while after applying I got an invitation for an interview, basically I will tell you if you didn't stud at BU or study abroad with them its going to be rough trying to get a job through them, they hired an art student over my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• There were a bunch of hypothetical questions that cannot be answered in a vacuum and then some weird question about communication methods or something but fairly standad   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied with the Residence Life office. There were two classroom sessions of about twelve people, and we completed some hypothetical RA tasks, along with some getting-to-know-you type things. Then they called in March and said I had the job.

Undergraduate Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, contacted for interview circa 5 weeks later. Met with HR person first, then returned a week later to meet with individual department, including department chair, direct supervisor, and the person departing the position.

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

Two interviews were required and they were in depth and lengthy but enjoyable. When my boss interviewed me for the job we got to know each other and the values we shared, we appreciated each other from the start and that has endured.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, BU HR said they could not change so offer accepted and recession had done enough damage to make the offer still better than current situation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

I remember that it took a long time from the time I applied to when I got an interview. In fact, I had forgotten that I'd applied! The questions were pretty normal, but the job was not very fancy so that's to be expected.

Interview Questions

• I was not an experienced interviewer (straight out of college), so every question was hard. Looking back, all the normal questions. Technology, how do you stay organized, how do you handle stress, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Secrer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Parents often complain about additional charges- How would you address their concern?   1 Answer