Boston University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.6

Proshop Interview

Interview

Spoke to the manager, very casual and friendly, about how I would add value to the proshop. We discussed my experience, academics and backgroud

Interview Questions

• Weren't many questions one would expect in a traditional interview.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Submit resume in my department, department staff managed all the resumes for reviewing by professors. A professor picked mine because of the statistical background and emailed me for interview. Go to his office and answered some basic questions. Get hired after interview. nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about whether I'm able to do statistical analysis   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Talk with faculty of my Department.

Doctoral Candidate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Traditional graduate school application process

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University.

Interview

General PhD applications with most of the details on the department webpage.
    There are two streams: Post-Bachelor and Post-Master. PB is generally five years for ECE department, while PM is usually 4.
    Online application requires personal statement of purpose, reference letters from previous professors, GRE General Test, (English exams if your first language is not English, and in some cases can be waived), Transcripts, and other supplementary materials.
    It is also help to contact professors you are interested to work with.

Interview Questions

• Personal Statement should address issues including research interests. It is not a detailed research proposal, but one has to demonstrate genuine research interest, possibly via showcasing past experiences in relevant fields (study, project or internship).   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

A 30 minutes chat with the professor. Talks about yourself, your strength and why would you like this job. Nothing technical. the professor would tell you about the responsibilities and his or her expectation.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston University.

Interview

I sent an email to my professor and asked him if he could take me as a teaching assistant during the coming summer session. then he accepted.

Interview Questions

• there is no really an interview process since he had known me very well throughout the semester   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

No interview needed. Just talk with the professors here to see if they have open positions

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston University.

Interview

There were three interviews: one over the phone and two in person.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, but the process was rather long.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Application was made through the internet web site, and the submitted documents were reviewed by a committee. No any other type of interview process, But requiring a 84 Toefl exam and GRE exam and also above 3.0 GPA