Boston University

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.6

Proshop Interview

Spoke to the manager, very casual and friendly, about how I would add value to the proshop. We discussed my experience, academics and backgroud

Interview Questions
    • Weren't many questions one would expect in a traditional interview.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Submit resume in my department, department staff managed all the resumes for reviewing by professors. A professor picked mine because of the statistical background and emailed me for interview. Go to his office and answered some basic questions. Get hired after interview. nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about whether I'm able to do statistical analysis   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Talk with faculty of my Department.

Doctoral Candidate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston University.

Traditional graduate school application process

PhD Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University.

General PhD applications with most of the details on the department webpage.
    There are two streams: Post-Bachelor and Post-Master. PB is generally five years for ECE department, while PM is usually 4.
    Online application requires personal statement of purpose, reference letters from previous professors, GRE General Test, (English exams if your first language is not English, and in some cases can be waived), Transcripts, and other supplementary materials.
    It is also help to contact professors you are interested to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Personal Statement should address issues including research interests. It is not a detailed research proposal, but one has to demonstrate genuine research interest, possibly via showcasing past experiences in relevant fields (study, project or internship).   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

A 30 minutes chat with the professor. Talks about yourself, your strength and why would you like this job. Nothing technical. the professor would tell you about the responsibilities and his or her expectation.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston University.

I sent an email to my professor and asked him if he could take me as a teaching assistant during the coming summer session. then he accepted.

Interview Questions
    • there is no really an interview process since he had known me very well throughout the semester   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

No interview needed. Just talk with the professors here to see if they have open positions

Office Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston University.

There were three interviews: one over the phone and two in person.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult, but the process was rather long.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application was made through the internet web site, and the submitted documents were reviewed by a committee. No any other type of interview process, But requiring a 84 Toefl exam and GRE exam and also above 3.0 GPA