Boston University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone screen first, after 20-25 minutes I was invited in for an in-person interview. Interview was less than an hour. I did not get that position but I was encouraged to apply for another. I did as they said and re-submitted for the 2nd job, unfortunately that process took several more weeks so dont give up on this one too quickly!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset law student with a concern.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A Offer as stands

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

The interview was very comprehensive. There were 2 group interviews, each lasting 2 hours. During that time, you and the other interviewees were expected to work together to solve issues. Then, after the group interviews, each person had an individual interview. It was intense, but overall a good experience. Remember to not compete with the other interviewees--they are judging to see how you work in a team setting.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

business system analyst - 3 rounds; the interview was both behavioral, and knowledge based- both of them were important- besides being competent in the analytic / technical side, personal treats were equally important (being a team player, probably the most important one); experience mattered as well (specific examples from previous work / jobs was helpful)

Interview Questions

• both behavioral, and knowledge based; experience mattered as well   Answer Question

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

I was called in for an Interview at HR, which was very easy, the woman asked some basic questions and gave me some information about benefits. However, I had not been previously informed that after that interview I would immediately have to go to an interview with the department manager for the position I applied for (they had set up the interview saying it was an interview with HR). I had worked at BU as a student and already knew the manager so it wasn't too bad for me, but talking to others who were hired after me, I think it was a little more disconcerting for them. The hiring process after the interview went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty typical behavioral type questions. I already knew the manager from previously working at BU so we got a bit off topic with things and it turned into more of just a chat than an interview   1 Answer

Payroll Administrator Interview

Interview

The interviewing process was quick with HR. The interview process with the actual team I worked with was a multi-step process and required multiple trips back to the University. The interviews were a combination of 1:1 with HR, and group interviews with the business teams. Overall the interview was quite standard and routine.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

I have applied through the university job listing. After that i got a call from them and they scheduled my interview.

It was very good.. I was already prepared for all the questions hence I didnt face any issue.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Application was made through the internet web site, and the submitted documents were reviewed by a committee. No any other type of interview process, But requiring a 84 Toefl exam and GRE exam and also above 3.0 GPA

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston University in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online at career website for the company, received a call within a couple of weeks and completed phone interview, then was asked to come in within the same week. Interviewed with supervisor of the position, then came back for a second interview with the supervisor's boss. First interview was very good, second interview the interviewer did not ask many questions, talked a lot about himself.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer spending a lot of time talking and not enough asking questions. It was hard to talk about myself or highlight my attributes when he just kept talking about himself.   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston University in March 2012.

Interview

There is the informational session and then two group interviews. You have to go to the informational session first before the two group interviews. They will ask you do tasks in teams and ask questions about scenarios in residence life.

Interview Questions

• You have to work with other people in teams for interviews.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Boston University in February 2014.

Interview

Just met with PI to go through resume. Just reviewed the positions and job requirements. Overall, this was not a stressful process. I recommend this job to all students at BU. Be ready to discuss details on resume and previous experience. Also, will have to work on assigned projects. Many students work in the lab which is a benefit for younger students looking for mentors.

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate.