Boston University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.6

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Submit resume in my department, department staff managed all the resumes for reviewing by professors. A professor picked mine because of the statistical background and emailed me for interview. Go to his office and answered some basic questions. Get hired after interview. nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about whether I'm able to do statistical analysis   Answer Question

Proshop Interview

Interview

Spoke to the manager, very casual and friendly, about how I would add value to the proshop. We discussed my experience, academics and backgroud

Interview Questions

• Weren't many questions one would expect in a traditional interview.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Received a call back relatively quickly after submitting my application. Had an initial interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then was called back a week later to schedule a second interview that lasted about 30. Both interviews included direct supervisors and HR personnel; second interview included executive director.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions asked were ineffective interview questions. They were about very specific details - the kinds of things that, on the job, you'd be able to look up online or in another resource, like "What does this acronym stand for?" "Describe your knowledge of these set of regulations" rather than more functional questions designed to gauge my fit for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I requested negotiation on the salary but was told it was impossible. They were flexible on my start date, however, which was nice.

Study Abroad Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

Quite a while after applying I got an invitation for an interview, basically I will tell you if you didn't stud at BU or study abroad with them its going to be rough trying to get a job through them, they hired an art student over my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• There were a bunch of hypothetical questions that cannot be answered in a vacuum and then some weird question about communication methods or something but fairly standad   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston University.

Interview

The staff was extremely hospitable and enjoyable, always willing to help and lend a hand.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

All development positions are posted on the BU development website, however through informational interviews I landed a direct interview with the hiring manager. Throughout the process and through interaction with others, I believe the email correspondences from the interviewees are looked at as a vital part of the "interview."

Interview Questions

• "why do you want THIS position" well I couldn't answer convincingly enough it appeared.   Answer Question

Financial Systems Director, BUworks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial 1-hr interview with 4 people. Prior to interview I was given link to web site, but most access required a BU account. Softball questions; the interview started by their asking me if I had questions. Odd vibe in room as interviewers exchanged glances after each question I posed, as though they were afraid of revealing too much.

Second round of interviews were 3 hours with 10 people. No hard questions; purpose was to find "fit".

Interview Questions

• How would I encourage resistant business offices who wanted to redesign the system yet were unable to translate their needs into technical requirements.   1 Answer

Got an offer for another job that aligned more closely with my career goals.

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

Two interviews were required and they were in depth and lengthy but enjoyable. When my boss interviewed me for the job we got to know each other and the values we shared, we appreciated each other from the start and that has endured.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, BU HR said they could not change so offer accepted and recession had done enough damage to make the offer still better than current situation.

Undergraduate Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, contacted for interview circa 5 weeks later. Met with HR person first, then returned a week later to meet with individual department, including department chair, direct supervisor, and the person departing the position.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston University in March 2012.

Interview

There is the informational session and then two group interviews. You have to go to the informational session first before the two group interviews. They will ask you do tasks in teams and ask questions about scenarios in residence life.

Interview Questions

• You have to work with other people in teams for interviews.   Answer Question