Boston University

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

WordPress Developer Interview

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Boston University in October 2010.

Interview Details – The person interviewing me was not familiar with programming and I felt he wasn't able to properly gauge my answers. I heard back that they were interested and then never heard back again. I've been contacted by 3 different people since the interview who had no idea I had already been interviewed.

A simple yes or no would have been fine.

Interview Question – What's something I've worked on in the past I am proud of and why?   View Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston University in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was a graduate student at BU and I just talked with one of the professors, so my case is not very general. The reviewer was rather nice, and mostly asked general questions.

Interview Question – general questions like name, GPA, etc   Answer Question

Director of FInance Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston University in January 2009.

Interview Details – overview of the company

Interview Question – How would you go about reorganizing this group?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston University in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed in person on 3 different times each time asked to squeeze interview in before the Christmas break which I accomodated. They wanted to make a decision and have an offer out before the break. I was told multiple times that I was the lead candidate. Then no response

Interview Question – Reviewed work experience   Answer Question

Liberty Mutual Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston University in October 2010.

Interview Details – this just a phone interview.

Interview Question – what is you favorite class?   Answer Question

Organic Synthesis Specialist Interview

Organic Synthesis Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston University in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was recommended by a professor I had worked with as an undergraduate and applied within three months of graduation. The interview was scheduled via phone and involved a brief hour panel interview with the director and subsequently with the employees of the center. I presented my previous research work and we discussed my experiences. As it was in an academic setting, I knew before I accepted that I was required to work more than 40h/wk and on Saturdays. I wouldn't want to be in this job for long term but it was a good resume builder for graduate school later on.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself pursuing this career in 5 years time?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Grader Interview

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Boston University in January 2008.

Interview Details – You fill out a form in the math and statistics department and they consider your grades as a means to hiring you

Interview Question – List all math courses and grades   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Submit your form early positions fill up

Administrative Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Boston University in June 2009.

Interview Details – I felt very comfortable with the three people who interviewed me. There was good communication on their behalf in terms of scheduling my interview. The interview itself, I felt was good. The questions ranged from professional, asking me of the typical "what do you think is your best assests?" to the personal -- How would your family describe you-- to the silly and fun (do you like football?)

It was only afterwards that they did not contact me, even though they said they would.

Interview Question – "How would your parents describe you?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Supervisor Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston University in January 2007.

Interview Details – Easy, simple. Few behavioral questions, hard to get follow-up afterward. No experience necessary for the job, pay subsidized by state preferred.

Interview Questions

Administrator Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston University in September 2007.

Interview Details – The interviewers looks very friendly

Interview Question – What will you do if you are given a pressure situation?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston University