Boston University Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Boston University in February 2014.

Interview

Just met with PI to go through resume. Just reviewed the positions and job requirements. Overall, this was not a stressful process. I recommend this job to all students at BU. Be ready to discuss details on resume and previous experience. Also, will have to work on assigned projects. Many students work in the lab which is a benefit for younger students looking for mentors.

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston University

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

No interview needed. Just talk with the professors here to see if they have open positions

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Talk with faculty of my Department.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

There were 6 different interviews, back to back. Each interview was 30 minutes long, and there were 8 prospective employees being interviewed. There was a series of questions that most of them asked, many being the typical interview questions. This got tiring and repetitive because nearly every interviewer asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could erase one characteristic about yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

High GPA and abilities of doing secondary data analysis, SPSS skills is favored.

Interview Questions

• Based on what professor needs, the requirement will be differents   Answer Question

Negotiation

working style

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston University in March 2012.

Interview

The system required me to add in some information. However, I do not have any!!! I got the offer in 2007 when I was out of the USA. I was admitted as a graduate student and along with this research / teaching assistant position. There is no interview and this happens for many graduate schools.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boston University in April 2009.

Interview

Interview with the person over the phone