McKinsey & Company
www.mckinsey.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

McKinsey & Company Associate Consultant Interview Question

I interviewed in San Francisco, CA and was asked:
"Both experience interview q's. As a physician, working in a hierarchical system, these gave me little chance to shine. Not to mention I had prepared more for q's along the lines of: time you face a challenge, and how you worked it out, etc. It's hard to positively spin a q to show positive characteristics like how did you resolve a disagreement in a group, when your answer is, "I had to shut my mouth and deal with it." Also, I blew the broadband case. Couldn't come up with a good structure."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Associate Consultant Interview Review - one of 693 McKinsey & Company Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
They look more at your thought process. There really are no "right answers," as cliche as that sounds.
- Interview Candidate on Oct 14, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

McKinsey & Company – Why Work for Us?

​ Someone once said “Far and away, the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Our consultants tackle complex, world-shaping challenges… from re-imagining healthcare… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKinsey & Company interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by McKinsey & Company employees and interview candidates.