Boudin Bakeries

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boudin Bakeries

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boudin Bakeries in August 2013.

I only had one interview, then they asked me to come in a week or so later to fill out paperwork. They really aren't too picky about who they hire, they just prefer some experience of any kind and a low hourly wage (they REALLY hate giving raises). I googled what the average line cook at Boudin made (came up as $10 an hour) and asked for that. They said it was "pretty high" although the minimum wage is to be increased to $10 an hour in California now within the next few years or so... Anyway, corporate came back and approved it, although another worker who is much slower and sloppier was making $14 an hour so maybe they approve anything.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work for Boudin?" was the most "challenging" question, if you can consider that challenging. Other than that they just basically talk about your previous work.   Answer Question
    The only negotiating was on hourly wage. I googled what the average line cook at Boudin made (came up as $10 an hour) and asked for that. They said it was "pretty high" although the minimum wage is to be increased to $10 an hour in California now within the next few years or so... Anyway, corporate came back and approved it, although another worker who is much slower and sloppier was making $14 an hour so maybe they approve anything.

Retail Clerk/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boudin Bakeries in March 2013.

I found a hiring ad on Craigslist for Baristas and Retail clerks and submitted my résumé. Two hours later a got an email from a hiring manager saying my résumé was of interest and we scheduled a meeting the next day. When I arrived I filled out an application and met with a manager who looked fairly young. He asked me simple questions about my job experience, then told me he would give my application to his supervisor. I waited for a few moments and was greeted by this supervisor. This part of the interview lasted about 15 to 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most frustrating aspect about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What was to most exciting aspect about your previous job?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boudin Bakeries in January 2011.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know Micros? No, I do not. No worries, you will learn it. After 2.5 years, I did not learn anything about Micros. Dead end job   Answer Question
    Took the low pay in hopes of learning and advancing career.