Bournemouth University

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bournemouth University

Candidate Interview Review

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bournemouth University.

I had to give a short 10' presentation on a set subject to an audience and then an interviewed followed. The panel was 3 men, very serious. They didn't ask me any interesting questions. Just on how I would organise the teaching modules and about my degrees and research. I started telling them what kind of research I have been involved into, and the most junior panel guy who was supposed to be my "peer" interrupted me by saying "no, just tell me about your PhD research". I have done a lot of research before and after my PhD, and I felt that a) it was rude to interrupt and b) it was unfair to portray me as a limited researcher.

I could feel that they seemed bored and that the whole interview thing didn't mean anything to them. I believe that the job was already given to their preferred candidate and that I was part of a charade.

I didn't get the post. I asked for feedback very politely through email and was referred to the head of the panel, who was the Head of the Faculty. He WOULDN'T give me written feedback! He told me to call him, but he wouldn't pick up the phone, and then through email gave stupid excuses about taking some days off. Promised to ring me back, never did.

TIME WASTERS.