Bowdoin Group

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.4

Summer Interview

Interviewer was nice and the interview was very conversational. Asked general questions regarding your resume. Be ready to elaborate on your experiences.They love people who are competitive and money-driven so if you can touch upon those, I think you would be all set. Team environment seems really good and they are very selective. They have to know that you would excel and help the company make a lot of money. The position was also for recruitment so you should touch upon how you are a good sales person.

Recruiter Interview Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bowdoin Group.

I applied to this position and was given a call 1-2 days later, everything went well, I was then invited to the office for a interview which also went really well, I was asked to do he personality assessment and invited for a 2nd interview. Wasn't sure how I felt about the second and neither did the manager but was still invited for a 3rd anyway and was asked more questions over the phone. Went in for a 3rd and met with 3 people, was supposed to do my final activity which never happened because they eliminated me. Apparently, you need to have a passion for technology an although they want to help you get to you ultimate career goal don't say anything other than recruitment or staffing because they will say no to you. They will say that sometimes its hard to make a connection with you but the truth is, the managers there are hard to make a connection with, its not you its them. Good people, good environment, but very picky.

Interview Questions
    • anything you have failed at? The word failure is not in my vocabulary so I didn't appreciate this choice of wording to really bring out the best in me.   Answer Question

Recruiter Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bowdoin Group.

Came into contact with the company a month after apply; I figured they passed me over for the job. Standard phone interview, then in person interview at the office. Their behavorial assessment is specific and seems where they weed out the most applicants.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bowdoin Group.

Received an email requesting a phone interview the day after I applied for the position. Phone interview went well with basic questions about the company and why I wanted the position. The next day a skype interview was scheduled for the following week and this also went extremely well. The hiring manager told me they'd love to schedule an interview in the office and would send me the personality test the following day. The following day I received no such email. After another day with no communication I emailed them and inquired on the status of the personality test / office interview. Never heard a response from either party I spoke with. I understand there may have been plenty of applicants and maybe they felt I wasn't the correct candidate but I would have appreciated not being promised a follow up and never hearing back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you have learned about our company and its infrastructure.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bowdoin Group in March 2014.

I began the interview process at a the company's networking event, from there I was emailed a week later for a Skype interview, then a behavioral analysis a week after that, and at last an in-person interview at the office with two senior members. Overall the process was a little over a month, and even though there are a lot of "hoops" to jump through, the talent acquisition team and senior leaders were friendly and straight-forward throughout the process. I did not receive an offer, but I was informed the final "stage" of the interviews was a presentation to senior board members.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the first thing you do when I ask you to find a tech developer in the Boston area? Where do you go first?"   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bowdoin Group.

The Bowdoin Group was very clear with what they expected. There wasn't any trick questions, just some questions to try and figure out how good you are under pressure. I really liked how they would respond to you in a timely manner to give you feedback after each interview round. You end up loving the company and wanting to work for them through the interview process.

Interview Questions
    Were able to wait 6 weeks for your final answer.

Recruiter Interview

You must submit your resume and have an optional cover letter that is directly sent to the Hiring Manager/Team which is then reviewed. If resume seems like a good fit, this is directly tied to a phone interview. If that goes well, you are given a very important Behavioral Assessment. If that goes well, then you are invited to an in-person interview, which can lead to a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are necessarily difficult, but people tend to not take the Behavioral Assessment seriously, which is used pretty heavily.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bowdoin Group in January 2013.

Phase One: Phone screen asking pointed questions looking for money driven, competitive and sales minded people.
    Phase Two: Online test (costs them money) to determine fit or not
    Phase Three: Initial interview
    Phase Four: Next Interview
    Phase Five: Final Interview
    Phase Six: Offer meeting (they will low-ball you, ask for more!)

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing with the Partner, every question. He is not a nice person.
      Example: What drives you to succeed?

View Answer