Bowhead Systems Management

Updated Dec 1, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bowhead Systems Management

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bowhead Systems Management (Washington, DC).

Interview

A phone interview will occur first, standard meet and greet. Your qualifications for the position are expected to be explained. There were a few phone interviews, the questions were not just definition quizzing like some other Statistician interviews I have had. When you get an on-site interview you will be at the location of your specific contract. I met with the Bowhead managers first. They prepared me for the next interview and just get a general feel for your fit with the company. Then I met with the clients. Their interview will deal with your expertise in your field. The interviews were low pressure and the managers try and reassure you before the interview with the clients and let you know what to expect.

Interview Questions

• There were not questions that were unexpected. It is not your standard "give me an example of a time when..." HR interview. Just be prepared to talk about projects you have worked on.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dahlgren, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Bowhead Systems Management (Dahlgren, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with these folks for a position that I would have been a good match for. They really went overboard in finding a reason not to hire me. I had the background that they were looking for and would have really worked hard to accomplish their mission. I emailed them back citing that I was sorry that I did not have the skills that they were looking for (since they were unreasonably unfair in their questioning me).

I just wanted to see what they would say about it. I was very surprised that HR would not respond but rather they had my interviewer respond.

I thought that this was very interesting (not sure if it was professional or not but at the time I thought it was).

The interviewer responded by letting me know that I had left with a positive impression of myself. I thought this was very nice and used that as an opportunity to pour my heart out within the body of my reply.

Guess what? I never heard back from anyone after that. I waited about a month and no response. So I decided to email HR after that and they had the interviewer respond by telling me very coldly that the position had been filled. They also cited that they knew my time was valuable. (If that was the case they should have told me something long ago).

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bowhead Systems Management in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring managers are so unqualified they were easy to impress. The manager was not very good at communicating and didn't have many questions. I got the feeling they were just looking for a body to fill the position. This is a very small company trying to grow but they just don't have the talent or resources to be professional. After getting the job it didn't take me long to realize that this is the "B" team.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asks for the price of a new system, what would you tell them.   1 Answer