Box Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

3.1

Recruiting Coordinator/Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Box (Los Altos, CA).

Interview

The first round is a video interview. They ask you 5 pre-recorded questions and you have 30 seconds to think about it. Then they give you 1 minute and 30 seconds to answer it. All 5 of the questions are below. I have yet to make it to the second round but am waiting to hear back. I know the second round is a phone interview and then if you pass that, you will go on campus to do in person interview with the hiring manager/rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you managed a project, how did you keep members organized and how did you deal with unexpected changes?   Answer Question
    • Follow up question, how did you deal with a difficult conversation with a member or manager?   Answer Question
    • What's the best team and why?   Answer Question
    • If you had to do a talent in the talent show, what would it be?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Box.

Interview

They had me do an online interview, which consisted of me answering several questions which were recorded. It was a short interview and took about 10 minutes. The strange thing is it was scheduled as a regular interview, but my interviewer cancelled last minute because she wasn't feeling well, and she prompted me to this video interview.

Interview Questions

• One question they asked was what I would perform if I were in a talent show.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Box (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Brief Phone interview about 20-30 min. She asked a few questions many of them straight forward. She seemed a little disinterest/shy in interviewing making the conversation a little awkward. I applied online though linkedin.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Box (Los Altos, CA).

Interview

Efficient process with recruiter and 3 members of the team. However one of the senior managers I met with seemed to have his own agenda and didn't really know what the job would require. His questions seemed out of context and out of line. Disappointing since I had higher expectations of this company.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Box (Los Altos, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone chat with Product Designer, and then I was invited for a onsite interview. The interview consisted with a portfolio review, and five 1-1 interviews that were 30mins each. At the end you meet back up with your recruiter, and go over logistics.

Overall it was a positive experience, but I was thrown off that there was no lunch break in the middle since your basically interviewing from 10am-2pm.

Interview Questions

Box Response

Apr 1, 2015Technical Sourcer

You definitely should have received a lunch break. I apologize for our oversight and we will take this into consideration in the future. Thank you for taking the time to give us constructive feedback.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Box (Los Altos, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was a video interview where you log in and record your answers to several questions. Then about a week later was a quick 20 minute phone screening with a recruiter. The recruiter set up a phone interview with a customer success team lead. The phone interview with the team lead lasted about 30 minutes and was the customary background and experience interview. A recruiter then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. The interview with the hiring manager lasted about 30 minutes and was more of an assessment of fit. Then the recruiter set up an onsite interview with several members of the team including a demo. The onsite lasted about 3 hours and the questions ranged from experience to fit. Pretty standard and not a lot of curveballs. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working on a team where everyone has a lot less experience than you?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter contacted me and arranged telephonic interview within few days. Interviewer asked to me solve the elevator problem. I tried my level best to solve the problem including good amount of coding. The result came back as I am not fit for now. I really don't understand what is their expectation.

Interview Questions

• Elevator problem - 50 floor and 4 elevator   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Box (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then was contacted via email to have a "video interview." They pretty much wanted you to think on your feet and answer some questions, but it was impersonal, awkward, and a one-way dialogue. Not like the two-way dialogue that an interview is supposed to be.

It seemed they use the shotgun approach when it comes to hiring.

Interview Questions

• What are two functionalities of box that differ from its competitors?   Answer Question

Role On Product Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Box (Los Altos, CA).

Interview

One screener call, invited in for panel interview. Attended panel interview (4 interviewers, one after another) in the HQ office in Los Altos, where I did see that indeed, there is a yellow slide. Very prompt, on-time, cordial, pleasant and presentable people who did seem slightly distracted, and perhaps bored with their projects, thus the discussions were low on energy from my perspective. One person on the panel had already accepted a new job elsewhere. I did not meet the HR recruiter, nor did I speak to her on the phone. I only spoke with a coordinator prior to the interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize the following feature requests?   1 Answer

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Box (Los Altos, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted on LinkedIn by one of their recruiters. The first was a phone screen, followed by 2 technical 30-35 minute long interviews. The process seemed very rushed; I often got notified I "passed" each round of interview (3 phone + in site) within hours of actually interviewing. It was kinda suspicious to me to be totally honest. After the 3rd phone interview I was invited to Los Altos. I went through their Orbitz site and booked my own flight and 1 night hotel stay which was more convenient than them asking you a general time range and doing everything themselves. In general I had a pleasant time there (5 hours), the people are pretty friendly but the 2 people in Austin I had video interviews with were a bit irritable and seemed ticked off at something the whole interview. There also was no consistency in the interviews, the interviewers each just asked it seemed whatever whimsical question they wanted, some personality some technical. The interviews really try to see who will best fit into their corporate culture. I was very friendly the whole process and answered most everything but still didn't get an offer. At the same time, I love technology but I don't "eat, sleep, and breathe" it as I have many hobbies (outdoors, automotive, etc.) I guess I just wasn't the proper fit for them and that's fine.

Interview Questions

• On-site interview questions were general all round IT technologies that a person with 1-2 years of experience should be able to answer. However the style is that the interviewers start with basic open ended questions and then ask you go go more and more in detail about a subject to gauge your depth of knowledge. A lot of chit-chat which took up nearly half the entire process.   Answer Question