Box

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Altos, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Box in November 2011.

Interview Details – I have had my share of negative situations, but this by far was one of the worst. It makes it even more insulting because I actually worked with one of their executives before (she is in my LinkedIn network AND a Facebook friend) and she actually asked the recruiter to reach out to me on her behalf.

Incidentally, I actually applied for two jobs with them -- both which I was more than qualified for, but when the recruiter was supposed to call, she totally dropped the ball and I got the standard "thank you for your interest in box, but you don't seem to be a fit..."

This company seems to try to look cool and friendly, but the reality is that they are a bunch of spoiled children who are out of their league when it comes to doing their jobs.

Interview Question – The recruiter never called me   Answer Question

Interviewed at Box

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through their website, which was directed to Jobvite. You need to have a jobvite account to apply, so that was a hassle. Heard back from a recruiter in 2 days and set up a phone interview the next week. Standard 30 minute interview, asked about why I'm interested in the job, why I want to leave my current company, if I've used their product, talked about me, etc.

Interview Question – What is the most creative thing you've done in your role   Answer Question

Marketing

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Box in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted to do a preliminary phone screen with recruiting. Phone interview took 30 minutes and was pretty standard (background, accomplishments, etc.). Next phase was meeting the team which consisted of meeting 4 members and took a few hours. Big on "epic" accomplishments and goals for the position. Great people.

Interview Question – Not the most difficult - just a different way of posing the greatest accomplishment question: "What do you consider your "epic" accomplishment"?   Answer Question

Worked for Box? Contribute to the Community!