Box

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Success Manager Interview

Customer Success Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Box in April 2014.

Interview Details – Honestly, one of the best, most professional interview processes I've been a part of. I was recruited via LinkedIn for a social/recruiting event. Afterwards I emailed everyone I met and was directed to a very capable recruiter. First round was an easy phone screen with the recruiter (why Box, what's your background, what are you looking for etc), then a phone interview with the manager who asked about background and situational questions (how would you deal with an upset customer, how would you evaluate an account etc). Finally I came in for an in-person where I had 4 one-on-ones with various people on the team and managers and gave a demo to a group of would-be peers. This process was a little unorganized but that's to be expected in a fast-paced place like Box. At my in-person everyone asked intelligent questions and were able to answer my questions well. Eventually all of my interviews turned into conversations about life at Box, my career goals etc. They evaluated that I wasn't right for the role and I started the process over for a new position on the same team and eventually received an offer.

Interview Question – How would you describe the cloud to your grandmother   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went in a different career direction

Very Easy Interview

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Box.

Interview Details – Whole interview process was horrible- completely turned me off from even wanting to work there. Completely unorganized and unprofessional. Do not stick to their time frame, and the recruiters do not know enough about the positions to give you any real information. For a not-so-great company in the first place, they should really try a bit harder if they want legit employees.

Interview Question – What is the different between Box and Dropbox?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Box in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. I wasn't very familiar with the company and had no idea they were doing so well.
I scheduled a phone conversation with the recruiter where we talked for at least 45 minutes about my background and what I was looking for. Then I had a 1h phone screen where I was asked some theoretical questions, and a hashmap implementation among other things - no actual screenshare coding.
A few days later I got an email about traveling to palo alto for an in person interview.
The interview was a great experience, everybody I talked to seemed bright and happy to be there. In between interviews, I got a tour of the offices which was pretty cool.
It took almost a couple of weeks for them to get back to me after that - unfortunately I didn't get it.

Interview Question – The open ended design question   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Box.

Interview Details – Well organized, but interviewers lack maturity.

Director of Public Relations Interview

Director of Public Relations
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Box.

Interview Details – I met with the current VP of Business Development and the current CEO. The VP of Biz Dev was very professional, asked excellent questions that I could answer and share my personal experience quite fluidly. She really seemed positive and began to ask me whether I would accept shares in lieu of market rate salary. I felt a chemistry with her because she understood my accomplishments and experience at another startup, which I helped lead to profitability and acquisition. She seeemed ready to recommend me to the CEO as her next Director of Public Relations. The CEO, on the other hand was not prepared to interview me. He did not look at my resume prior to meeting me. When he did look at my resume, he asked irrelevant questions that did not catalyze conversation nor identify how I could help Box to achieve its goals. The discussion was disjointed and the interview with him was a failure.

Interview Question – The CEO did not ask relevant questions. He didn't really know how public relations would help his company. He asked questions about minute and irrelevant details or things that he somehow took interests in. He did not really try to find out who I am or how I can help his company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Box.

Interview Details – They contacted me really fast and set a regular phone interview.
Then scheduled a Skype technical interview.
The interviewer was very kind, and asked me only one question.
Unfortunately I didn't find the question really relevant to coding skills but rather checking if you know it and can pretend not to know it, or just go the naive way.

Interview Question – Write a function that gets a integer and returns true if the integer is prime   View Answers (2)

Contracts Manager Interview

Contracts Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Box in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied in July 2012. In early August 2012, I received an email from HR to set up phone interview with a talent recruiter. Spoke with the recruiter and was asked general questions about my contracts knowledge and experiences. I explained I have a JD and have negotiated technology and software business contracts exclusively for the past 3 years. I went into great detail (for just under an hour) and was then asked if I was willing to relocate to Palo Alto (I currently live in the Milwaukee, WI area). I expressed that I was interested in relocating and would do so. I mentioned that I've lived in California previously.

The talent recruiter acted very excited to fly me out for an in-person interview and went on and on about how great the Palo Alto facilities and people are. She said she would (for sure) set up a Skype interview with me and the Corporate Counsel, but would run it by him first. Of course I was surprised and irritated when I followed up and got the cold shoulder. No flight out to HQs. No Skype. No answer to inquiries. The only follow up I received was a generic "This position has been filled" email, which I received in September 2012. Shame.

Interview Question – What type of privacy issues have you experienced?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Box in November 2009.

Interview Details – fast
difficult
fun (it was on the halloween 2009 day)
some interviewers in costume.

Interview Question – DB questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes.

Sales Interview

Sales
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Box in April 2012.

Interview Details – Incredibly nice people. First interview was with recruiter. Second was with the sales manager, and finally a group interview.

Interview Question – Name something quirky about yourself?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Palo Alto, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Box in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very organized. Recruiters are pretty professional. Questions were well thought out and respectful.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Box

Worked for Box? Contribute to the Community!