Box Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA

Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter contacted me and arranged telephonic interview within few days. Interviewer asked to me solve the elevator problem. I tried my level best to solve the problem including good amount of coding. The result came back as I am not fit for now. I really don't understand what is their expectation.

Interview Questions

• Elevator problem - 50 floor and 4 elevator   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online. Approximately 2 weeks later I received an email inviting me to complete a pre-recorded interview. 3 weeks passed and I did not hear word from the recruiter. Hence, I contacted him and was informed that I was not moving forward. I would say that the recruiter was great though.......positive and very professional.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Honestly, one of the best, most professional interview processes I've been a part of. I was recruited via LinkedIn for a social/recruiting event. Afterwards I emailed everyone I met and was directed to a very capable recruiter. First round was an easy phone screen with the recruiter (why Box, what's your background, what are you looking for etc), then a phone interview with the manager who asked about background and situational questions (how would you deal with an upset customer, how would you evaluate an account etc). Finally I came in for an in-person where I had 4 one-on-ones with various people on the team and managers and gave a demo to a group of would-be peers. This process was a little unorganized but that's to be expected in a fast-paced place like Box. At my in-person everyone asked intelligent questions and were able to answer my questions well. Eventually all of my interviews turned into conversations about life at Box, my career goals etc. They evaluated that I wasn't right for the role and I started the process over for a new position on the same team and eventually received an offer.

Interview Questions

Went in a different career direction

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Whole interview process was horrible- completely turned me off from even wanting to work there. Completely unorganized and unprofessional. Do not stick to their time frame, and the recruiters do not know enough about the positions to give you any real information. For a not-so-great company in the first place, they should really try a bit harder if they want legit employees.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Well organized, but interviewers lack maturity.

Director of Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I met with the current VP of Business Development and the current CEO. The VP of Biz Dev was very professional, asked excellent questions that I could answer and share my personal experience quite fluidly. She really seemed positive and began to ask me whether I would accept shares in lieu of market rate salary. I felt a chemistry with her because she understood my accomplishments and experience at another startup, which I helped lead to profitability and acquisition. She seeemed ready to recommend me to the CEO as her next Director of Public Relations. The CEO, on the other hand was not prepared to interview me. He did not look at my resume prior to meeting me. When he did look at my resume, he asked irrelevant questions that did not catalyze conversation nor identify how I could help Box to achieve its goals. The discussion was disjointed and the interview with him was a failure.

Interview Questions

• The CEO did not ask relevant questions. He didn't really know how public relations would help his company. He asked questions about minute and irrelevant details or things that he somehow took interests in. He did not really try to find out who I am or how I can help his company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

They contacted me really fast and set a regular phone interview.
    Then scheduled a Skype technical interview.
    The interviewer was very kind, and asked me only one question.
    Unfortunately I didn't find the question really relevant to coding skills but rather checking if you know it and can pretend not to know it, or just go the naive way.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that gets a integer and returns true if the integer is prime   2 Answers

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied in July 2012. In early August 2012, I received an email from HR to set up phone interview with a talent recruiter. Spoke with the recruiter and was asked general questions about my contracts knowledge and experiences. I explained I have a JD and have negotiated technology and software business contracts exclusively for the past 3 years. I went into great detail (for just under an hour) and was then asked if I was willing to relocate to Palo Alto (I currently live in the Milwaukee, WI area). I expressed that I was interested in relocating and would do so. I mentioned that I've lived in California previously.

The talent recruiter acted very excited to fly me out for an in-person interview and went on and on about how great the Palo Alto facilities and people are. She said she would (for sure) set up a Skype interview with me and the Corporate Counsel, but would run it by him first. Of course I was surprised and irritated when I followed up and got the cold shoulder. No flight out to HQs. No Skype. No answer to inquiries. The only follow up I received was a generic "This position has been filled" email, which I received in September 2012. Shame.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Incredibly nice people. First interview was with recruiter. Second was with the sales manager, and finally a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Name something quirky about yourself?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very organized. Recruiters are pretty professional. Questions were well thought out and respectful.