Box Sales Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

2.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

Met with several sales people and then HR. Overall the interview process was excellent, professional, on time and sufficiently challenging. I got a great vibe from the place and everyone seemed excited and happy about working at Box. I thought the office environment was excellent, upbeat, modern and hip without being too dot-com-y. Overall, it seemed like a terrific company.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if your colleagues started feeling like the company was tanking?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Box

Sales Interview

Recruiter contacted me a few weeks after applying on web. Setup phone screen a couple days later and then f2f interview scheduled. Couple questions asked by interviewer. Appeared they had many candidates they were interviewing in person. Contacted within week that another candidate was selected. Process was quick and by the book. Nothing out of the normal.

Interview Questions
    • None that come to mind. Standard software selling questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Altos, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Box.

Recruiter reached out to me after I submitted an application online. From there, it was several phone screens and then an eventual Skype session with members of the team.

Incredibly nice people, exciting company, and great environment. Was unfortunate to not get position, but completely understand that I wasn't the type of candidate they were looking for. It was also my first interview process, so I had a lot of jitters and inexperience with the process. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging or humbling experience and how did you grow from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Box in September 2012.

Two month interview process with lots of gaps in between next meetings. Started with an interview with the sales recruiter followed by a phone conversation with the hiring manager. After a few weeks of no communication F2F with the hiring manager and eventually a trip to San Francisco to meet with a bunch of Junior Reps, the VP of Sales, and a presentation in front of 1-4 people. It reminded me of pledging a fraternity only much more disorganized and unprofessional. If they want to hire you they will close you during the visit, if not you will get a canned email response the next day. Seemed like a waste of company money to me, perhaps they have an interview quota.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Altos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Altos, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Box in June 2012.

Initial phone screen then a phone interview with hiring manager. If you pass that you come in for an onsite interview. You meet with 3-4 people (1 manager, a person in the role and then maybe a director or hire up sales figure). A decision is made pretty quick after that.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Box in April 2012.

Incredibly nice people. First interview was with recruiter. Second was with the sales manager, and finally a group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Box in March 2012.

Very organized. Recruiters are pretty professional. Questions were well thought out and respectful.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Box in February 2012.

Contacted by sourcer on 1st of month. 2nd interview, phone screen by a recruiter on the 6th. 3rd interview, phone screen with VP on 10th. 4th interview didn't happen until the 21st. Way too long between Veep call and in person interview. 38 days after 1st contact, was rejected.

All told, unimpressed. 1st: place packed tighter than ants. Desks on top of each other, with management performing confidential work in the open view of whomever is passing behind. 2nd: Loud, not just a lot of energy, the place is LOUD. Very disruptive environment due to its highly open nature. 3rd: No one on the front desk. I had to email the recruiting manager to say I'd been waiting 10 minutes. In the meantime, probably 60 people passed by/through the lobby. No one stopped to ask if I had been helped.

VP was nice, Director insightful. The recruiting team is a bit full of themselves - very proud of what they built, but too deep in the trees to see what isn't working. Poor follow up and candidate management. 16 days passed after my in person interview, and I had to close the loop with the Director and VP. Finally got the official notice from the recruiter 38 days after initial contact.

ADVICE #1: Hire an experienced recruiting manager to build a world class hiring program.
    ADVICE #2: Respect your candidates' time. Expedite the hiring process, schedule each step and communicate.
    ADVICE #3: Very clearly set expectations, and deliver commitments.
    ADVICE #4: Stick to the schedule laid out in #2 Make sure you follow through with every candidate.

Sales Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Box.

very standard, nothing extraordinary: you will have a phone screen with the hiring manager first, then 1 onsite with about 4-5 people total. If they like you, they will consider you.
    Make sure you have an internal referee who can recommend you, it matters a LOT (maybe too much!).

Interview Questions
    very little room for negotiation. I've heard them rejecting people who have asked for too much $

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Box in January 2012.

The 1st interview is really friendly and easy. Its basically a discovery call. The in person interview is where it gets a little strange.

Interview Questions

Worked for Box? Contribute to the Community!