BoxTone Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at BoxTone

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BoxTone in June 2010.

Once shortlisted (mostly over a phone screen), I was called into the office. I was interviewed by 3 people for around 45 minutes each. [Note: If they feel you are not fit, you will not have all 3 interviews]. I think the people are very intelligent and know what they want. Questions are mostly based on fundamentals however will listen to any specializations you may have. For programmers there might be a coding challenge which again will be based on fundamentals.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected, since it was a coding question, But I was given a laptop to actually code it and run the code.   View Answer
    Its a start up company. So, negotiation is tricky. I tried, but did not stress too much. The work is really interesting and to me that is what matters at the end of the day.

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BoxTone in May 2011.

Telephonic interviews- HR and technical
    3 onsite interviews

the telephonic interviews were well organised and clearly mentioned and prompt
    I went for the onsite interview the very next day as planned.
    the company is the most unprofessional i have ever come across.

I was scheduled to meet 3 people, of which two they said were busy in some company work and would not be able to meet that day and they were the VP of engineering and QA manager respectively.

I was interviewed by a QA lead(who was totally disinterested in the interview and talked only fro 15 mins of the 1 hour allocated) and another QA in the team(who was so arrogant that he looked you down with utter disdain and dint even have the courtesy to wish the candidate goodbye)

The total interview lasted 40 min after reserving 3 hours of your time and you did not even get a chance to talk to people the people who had the qualifications AND the next day they send you out a reject saying you are not a good fit.

I am glad i am not working for boxtone.

Interview Questions

Worked for BoxTone? Contribute to the Community!