Boxer Property Management

Updated Dec 25, 2014

3.4

Regional Operations Manager/Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boxer Property Management in December 2014.

First, I received an e-mail from the President of the company after posting on Reddit searching for a new career which asked if he could talk to me on Christmas Day. After being RIF'd last week at my last company if someone will take the time to talk to me about job openings on a holiday that is outstanding. I really appreciated it more then Mr. Segal will know.

I think Mr. Segal and I talked well over an hour about company culture, a position I thought they could use, and positions Mr. Segal thought I would fit into.

I think overall my first impression with Mr. Segal is quite good. I have to be honest here, I think I was more brutal towards him then he was towards me. I really voiced my concerns about what I perceived to be a negative company culture based not only on employee reviews from many websites but also customer issues. I think I caught him maybe a little off-guard, but he answered all my concerns and it ended up being a great discussion.

Although I will be unemployed here in 5 days, I think it is equally important for the interviewee to interview the interviewer about the company. After all, despite facing unemployment, I want to find and employer who I feel confident in and who I think I can fit in with as well.

In summation, I feel the interview/discussion went really well and I hope Mr. Segal thinks so as well. If they offer me the position I am interested in I would definitely take it for the right salary.

Interview Questions
    • Talked of culture, processes, process improvement and past work accomplishments.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boxer Property Management.

I was called for a face to face interview after a brief initial phone interview. I was interviewed by the corporate treasurer in both the interviews. The recruitment process was very rapid without much delay. The interviewer was pretty comfortable and the interview went fine. But I was not selected and was later informed that they elected to go for another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what would I do to get somebody into work who you know is not working but says that he/she is busy into the work.   Answer Question

Leasing Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boxer Property Management in June 2013.

I had one initial phone interview. Then met the a few Regional Leasing Managers and the Director of Leasing. Within the week, the Director of Sales, my initial point of contact, reached out to inform me I had qualified for the position and they would like to have me on bored.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell them on the room in which we were interviewing.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boxer Property Management in May 2013.

Hiring Process took 1 week.
    Interviewed with current Analyst and Hiring Manager.
    Second Round was with Higher Management

Training Specialist/Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boxer Property Management in March 2013.

I applied online. A few weeks later I completed a phone interview. Next, I was asked to submit my responses to a long list of pre-screening/training & development questions. Then, I was asked to submit an outline documenting how I would design a training program. Finally, I attended the in-person interview, which consisted of two separate one on one interviews, first with the HR Manager and next with a higher level executive.

The HR Manager was not prepared for my interview and had not taken the time to read any of my pre-screening questions or the training program design doc I submitted. She explained that they were trying to implement a formal training program for the first time and were hiring for both a Training Manager and Trainer. I just read that they are hiring again (8 mos later) for these exact positions.

I never heard from them again and found this to be quite disrespectful after the time and effort I devoted during the application process. Unfortunately, they don't understand that every potential candidate can also be a customer - or someone who promotes or detracts the reputation of the company. Would I ever do business with them or recommend them? No. Fortunately, I moved on to bigger and better opportunities, and I'm thankful I wasn't offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boxer Property Management in October 2012.

Attitude of all the people was great. Initial interview, I interviewed with 4 different individual. Called back for 2 susequent interviews with1 person each time. The entire process took a bit longer than a month.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They made an offer and I accepted.

Commercial Leasing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Boxer Property Management in October 2012.

I had an initial phone interview. The second interview took place at the Mall. The interview consisted of questions regarding skill set , knowledge and experience. No answer at the time of interview provided. It took 35 - 40 days to finalize the process .

Interview Questions
    • My previous experience had been in the Residential Management primarily in Leasing and 5 years in Management in Ca. No previous experience in Retail/Commercial Leasing. Was I able to implement their software program Sales force as well as change in Management criteria?   View Answer
    I asked for a starting rate and was offered bonuses. In addition was provided with good coverage and access to a 401K upon completion of my 90 day trial period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boxer Property Management in April 2011.

The interview process was very friendly and comfortable. I didn't feel like I was being cross-examined like I have experienced in interviews at other companies. My interviewing manager was very informative and knowledgeable. I do not feel like I was misled at all from the information I gathered in the interview process. I've experienced situations where they make everything sound great at first, and then you start working for them and realize much of those things are not true. This was definitely not the case here. They were very up front and honest about the triumphs and challenges I could expect.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a lot of real estate experience when I applied for this job so I stumbled a bit when they asked me some really detailed questions about complicated transactions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiating when it came to money. They pretty much met my requests.