Boy Scouts of America District Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2014

2.8

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Applied online, went to the office and interviewed three times in the following order: DFS, Field Director, then Scout Executive. Nothing too crazy, pretty laid back. The final interview with the Scout Executive seemed more like a formality and him just welcoming me to the office. Was offered a position almost immediately thereafter by phone.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you would reach these membership goals with these numbers in this area (the district in which I eventually was put in)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boy Scouts of America

District Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

First you do a word interview.
    Followed by interview with Direct or Field Service, Field Director, Scout Executive.

You will do 2 rounds of this type of process. They will ask for knowledge about scouts, which isn't a deal breaker but it helps.

District Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

You will be interviewed by a group of District Directors, or the Field Director / Director of Field Services, who will ask a standard set of questions. You will likely need to complete 2-3 interviews before being hired

District Executive Interview

Had two brief interviews and was quickly hired. They were very straightforward about how difficult the job was. There were no surprises in the interview.

District Executive Interview

They reached out to me via email for a first, then second interview. I was asked to take a personality test after the first interview. I was also asked to submit an application to the national organization for approval before proceeding to the second interview. It was a pretty standard experience.

District Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Started with an online letter of interest. After several weeks, did a one on one interview with a field supervisor. Took a personality and passed an online personality test. A week or two later, I interviewed with a panel of volunteers from the district. Scheduled and interviewed with another field supervisor and the council director of field service. Finally, I interviewed with the council chief executive. Was told the next day that I was not a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Want would you do if you were aware anther employee was cheating on his expense report?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in June 2012.

It took me 1 year to get the job, interviewed with 5 people for more Than 5 months, then they told me they won't considered me because they found someone with more experience. They called me 3 months after (8 months total) to offer me the job

Interview Questions
    • You have to sign some document about not being gay and about gay discrimination   Answer Question

District Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Applied through emailing them directly. Had two interviews with simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • This job is very different fromt he experience you had as a volunteer. How would you be good as a professional?   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation. They limit how much they can spend on entry level executives.

District Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Very general interview questions. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? How do you handle difficult customers? etc. etc. etc.

Interview Questions
    • Are you an avowed homosexual or athiest?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in December 2009.

One to two interviews. Take a computerized test for experience and what if scenarios. Resume a must. Dress in executive casual wearing natural colors. Be knowledgeable of the programs in the BSA and the job you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to live the Scout Oath & Law?   View Answer
    Salary is pretty standard with little negotiation. Nothing else is really negotiable.

Worked for Boy Scouts of America? Contribute to the Community!