Boy Scouts of America

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview Details – Applied online, went to the office and interviewed three times in the following order: DFS, Field Director, then Scout Executive. Nothing too crazy, pretty laid back. The final interview with the Scout Executive seemed more like a formality and him just welcoming me to the office. Was offered a position almost immediately thereafter by phone.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would reach these membership goals with these numbers in this area (the district in which I eventually was put in)   Answer Question

District Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview Details – First you do a word interview.
Followed by interview with Direct or Field Service, Field Director, Scout Executive.

You will do 2 rounds of this type of process. They will ask for knowledge about scouts, which isn't a deal breaker but it helps.

Interview Question – Ask about my values.   View Answer

District Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview Details – You will be interviewed by a group of District Directors, or the Field Director / Director of Field Services, who will ask a standard set of questions. You will likely need to complete 2-3 interviews before being hired

Interviewed at Boy Scouts of America

Interview Details – Had two brief interviews and was quickly hired. They were very straightforward about how difficult the job was. There were no surprises in the interview.

Interview Question – Do you understand the position?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boy Scouts of America

Interview Details – They reached out to me via email for a first, then second interview. I was asked to take a personality test after the first interview. I was also asked to submit an application to the national organization for approval before proceeding to the second interview. It was a pretty standard experience.

Interview Question – They pretty much asked standard interview questions.   Answer Question

District Executive

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview Details – Started with an online letter of interest. After several weeks, did a one on one interview with a field supervisor. Took a personality and passed an online personality test. A week or two later, I interviewed with a panel of volunteers from the district. Scheduled and interviewed with another field supervisor and the council director of field service. Finally, I interviewed with the council chief executive. Was told the next day that I was not a good fit.

Interview Question – Want would you do if you were aware anther employee was cheating on his expense report?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in June 2012.

Interview Details – It took me 1 year to get the job, interviewed with 5 people for more Than 5 months, then they told me they won't considered me because they found someone with more experience. They called me 3 months after (8 months total) to offer me the job

Interview Question – You have to sign some document about not being gay and about gay discrimination   Answer Question

District Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview Details – Applied through emailing them directly. Had two interviews with simple questions.

Interview Question – This job is very different fromt he experience you had as a volunteer. How would you be good as a professional?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation. They limit how much they can spend on entry level executives.

District Executive

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview Details – Very general interview questions. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? How do you handle difficult customers? etc. etc. etc.

Interview Question – Are you an avowed homosexual or athiest?   View Answer

Orem, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in December 2009.

Interview Details – One to two interviews. Take a computerized test for experience and what if scenarios. Resume a must. Dress in executive casual wearing natural colors. Be knowledgeable of the programs in the BSA and the job you are interviewing for.

Interview Question – Are you willing to live the Scout Oath & Law?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary is pretty standard with little negotiation. Nothing else is really negotiable.

Worked for Boy Scouts of America? Contribute to the Community!