Boy Scouts of America District Executive Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.7

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Applied online, went to the office and interviewed three times in the following order: DFS, Field Director, then Scout Executive. Nothing too crazy, pretty laid back. The final interview with the Scout Executive seemed more like a formality and him just welcoming me to the office. Was offered a position almost immediately thereafter by phone.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you would reach these membership goals with these numbers in this area (the district in which I eventually was put in)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boy Scouts of America

District Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

First you do a word interview.
    Followed by interview with Direct or Field Service, Field Director, Scout Executive.

You will do 2 rounds of this type of process. They will ask for knowledge about scouts, which isn't a deal breaker but it helps.

District Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

You will be interviewed by a group of District Directors, or the Field Director / Director of Field Services, who will ask a standard set of questions. You will likely need to complete 2-3 interviews before being hired

District Executive Interview

Had two brief interviews and was quickly hired. They were very straightforward about how difficult the job was. There were no surprises in the interview.

District Executive Interview

They reached out to me via email for a first, then second interview. I was asked to take a personality test after the first interview. I was also asked to submit an application to the national organization for approval before proceeding to the second interview. It was a pretty standard experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in November 2013.

Was notified of interviews taking place on the campus of my alma mater. Signed up for one, met with the Assistant Scout Executive. Had a great interview, which lasted close to two hours. Was brought in for a second interview with the Development Director (CFO) and Scout Executive (CEO). Took the personality test online, and was told they would be offering me a position. However, it wouldn't be in the city in which I had applied and was interviewed for. There was no negotiation on this. The interview was great, but actually working at the BSA was horrible.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, as I had previously experience in a similar field. I do feel like the job description was "undersold" to me though.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

District Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Started with an online letter of interest. After several weeks, did a one on one interview with a field supervisor. Took a personality and passed an online personality test. A week or two later, I interviewed with a panel of volunteers from the district. Scheduled and interviewed with another field supervisor and the council director of field service. Finally, I interviewed with the council chief executive. Was told the next day that I was not a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Want would you do if you were aware anther employee was cheating on his expense report?   View Answer

District Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Applied through emailing them directly. Had two interviews with simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • This job is very different fromt he experience you had as a volunteer. How would you be good as a professional?   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation. They limit how much they can spend on entry level executives.

District Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Very general interview questions. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? How do you handle difficult customers? etc. etc. etc.

Interview Questions
    • Are you an avowed homosexual or athiest?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

I interviewed with the BSA at my local council to become a District Executive. While I am a recent college graduate, I have interviewed several times (for part-time student jobs, summer internships, and even other entry-level positions). This really wasn't the best interview I have had. We basically went through a packet of questions. I would answer a question and both interviewers would spend about 20 seconds in silence writing down my answer. They were incredibly friendly, but there wasn't really much dialogue- just Q&A.

Pros- incredibly efficient and prompt about scheduling the interview. Follow-up was very quick (1 week passed between scheduling the interview, the interview itself, and the offer).
    Cons- very static interview process, awkward at times.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to discuss how exactly you are qualified to help make scouting happen.   Answer Question

Was a conditional job offer, if I were to not pursue part-time graduate studies, I would advance in the process.