Boy Scouts of America

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.6

District Executive Interview

Had two brief interviews and was quickly hired. They were very straightforward about how difficult the job was. There were no surprises in the interview.

District Executive Interview

They reached out to me via email for a first, then second interview. I was asked to take a personality test after the first interview. I was also asked to submit an application to the national organization for approval before proceeding to the second interview. It was a pretty standard experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in November 2013.

Was notified of interviews taking place on the campus of my alma mater. Signed up for one, met with the Assistant Scout Executive. Had a great interview, which lasted close to two hours. Was brought in for a second interview with the Development Director (CFO) and Scout Executive (CEO). Took the personality test online, and was told they would be offering me a position. However, it wouldn't be in the city in which I had applied and was interviewed for. There was no negotiation on this. The interview was great, but actually working at the BSA was horrible.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, as I had previously experience in a similar field. I do feel like the job description was "undersold" to me though.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

District Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Started with an online letter of interest. After several weeks, did a one on one interview with a field supervisor. Took a personality and passed an online personality test. A week or two later, I interviewed with a panel of volunteers from the district. Scheduled and interviewed with another field supervisor and the council director of field service. Finally, I interviewed with the council chief executive. Was told the next day that I was not a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Want would you do if you were aware anther employee was cheating on his expense report?   View Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Glen, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Glen, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Really easy. Asked a couple of questions about kitchen saftey. I didn't know them so I said I would learn and get my food handlers card and I had the job by the end of the interview.

None

District Executive - St Louis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Submitted resume online. Interviewed in person on a Monday. Interview went REALLY well, interviewer wanted to hire me on the spot, but had to "follow all of the rules" and told me to return to take a test. Returned on a Thurs to take a "personality" test. Test results showed I was not a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all about how to handle volunteers & how to solicit corporations for donations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in August 2013.

They wanted to know any and all experience you had working in or with the Boy Scouts of America, and any or all job and/ or sales experience. Required you to work a minimum of one year, and have complete availability. Told you the basics of what you would be doing, and gave you a large stack of paperwork to fill out to begin working there. After two to three weeks you begin work.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what you remember from scouts from the time you were in first grade until most recently.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible.

District Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Applied through emailing them directly. Had two interviews with simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • This job is very different fromt he experience you had as a volunteer. How would you be good as a professional?   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation. They limit how much they can spend on entry level executives.

Marketing Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

I apply this marketing internship through my school's career center. After few days, I get a phone call for the initial interview. The HR just asks me some questions based on my resume.

District Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Very general interview questions. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? How do you handle difficult customers? etc. etc. etc.

Interview Questions
    • Are you an avowed homosexual or athiest?   View Answer