Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in June 2011.

Very long and drawn out. I went through 5-6 different interviews over a span of a month and a half.

Interview Questions
    • I kept getting the question: "Do you really want to work here?" As if they were trying to steer me away.   Answer Question
    No negotiation happened, was told this is what everyone starts at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in March 2011.

Given a contact by a contact. Contacted Contact and remained persistent as far as calling back and calling back, etc. to get in-person interview. (whole process was phone interview. Had two in-person interviews (one with DFS and final with Scout Executive) and a ride-along(with DFS). Was hired on way back from ride-along.

Interview Questions
    Salary was non-negotiable. I just accepted their terms.

Kitchen Staff Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in January 2011.

I sat, with many other Boy Scouts in a cold meeting room. After waiting twenty or so odd minutes, a large lumbering man by the named of Mark Keefer walked up and presented a warm handshake and smile. He need lead me to an office room we he asked me the standard questions. "Can you work well with others?, How messy would you describe yourself?, How well are you under pressure?"; those sorts of things. The whole process took about ten minutes, he said "Congratulations" shook my hand and told me to have a nice day.

Interview Questions
    • How messy would you describe yourself?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in June 2010.

Extremely rude and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in December 2009.

One to two interviews. Take a computerized test for experience and what if scenarios. Resume a must. Dress in executive casual wearing natural colors. Be knowledgeable of the programs in the BSA and the job you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to live the Scout Oath & Law?   View Answer
    Salary is pretty standard with little negotiation. Nothing else is really negotiable.

Camp Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in October 2009.

I volunteered. The council had cancelled Boy Scout summer camp due to lack of interest. Since there were no other candidates, I got the position. I recruited the staff, planned the program, and pitched the camp to Scouts and Scoutmasters. Since the property had not been used for a week-long summer camp for over 30 years, I also worked with the property managers.

Interview Questions
    • Since it's too late to start now and run a camp next summer, can you put it off for a year?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in September 2009.

Applied in person and had a mini interview. Next was a 1:1. Simple questions like Are you in scouts? Working for a national scout shop will change your whole perspective about scouts do you care? And finally do you realize this is a retail establishment and our goal is to make money?

Interview Questions
    Can't negotiate. Flat rate.. Part Time is exactly minimum wage with no raises. Full time is DOE by the HR department. Manager has no say in pay. Full time has yearly raises.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in July 2009.

Saw sign in scout store and applied, was interviewed by office manager.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. take it or leave it.

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in May 2009.

First interview on Tuesday, called back for a 2nd one Wednesday. Job offer that Friday. Interviewed with one person.

Bilingual Soccer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boy Scouts of America in April 2009.

The interview was very friendly and consisted of all the usual questions. Since it was for a Spanish speaking position, the first interview was held entirely in Spanish, so be prepared for that if you're looking at a bilingual position. The next was with the first interviewer and the supervisor. That was about the same, but in English. They would have been very good to work with.

Interview Questions

I assumed the position was full-time based on what they were telling me, but found out it was 20 hours/week and would have been $10/hour.