Boyd Gaming

Relevance Date Difficulty

Promotions Supervisor Interview

Promotions Supervisor
Shreveport, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boyd Gaming in April 2014.

Interview Details – It took a while for them to get back to me. The interview was pretty normal. I applied online. I interviewed with a group of people so it was kind of difficult.

Interview Question – They make you do "home work" and come up with a promotion   Answer Question

Boyd Gaming Response

May 22, 2014Company Administrator

Thanks for your interest in working for Boyd Gaming, and for your feedback on our hiring process.

Although this opportunity didn’t work out, we hope that you will keep us in mind in the future
... More

Arena Usher Interview

Arena Usher

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boyd Gaming.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone and an appointment set up for the next afternoon. Met with lead usher and Supervisor, had a great, open conversation with questions. Felt very relaxed and comfortable with these 2 people and was called back a few days later with my first assignment. Have loved it since!

Interview Question – Just a question on how do I deal with an unsatisfied customer and how would I take care of the customer?   Answer Question

Boyd Gaming Response

May 22, 2014Company Administrator

Congratulations on joining our team! We’re thrilled to have you on board, and we hope you enjoy working for us.

We appreciate the feedback you’ve provided on our hiring process. We’re always
... More

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Internal Audit Intern

Interviewed at Boyd Gaming

Interview Details – The process was fairly simple. I interviewed with a manager and then one of the senior auditors came in and also participated. It was mostly about seeing if I was a good "fit". They called me with an offer within a week or two.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, just be prepared to know about the industry and the company.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Floor Supervisor Interview

Floor Supervisor
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Boyd Gaming in June 2009.

Interview Details – I started out as a dealer. After getting into the right circle and showing loyalty beyond my own beliefs I was promoted.

Interview Question – What was I willing to do to move up.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At first I declined but working as a dealer at that property; tips were terrible. Knowing I wouldn't be able to pass a drug test to go to another property; I did what I had to do for my family.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Vinton, LA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Boyd Gaming.

Interview Details – to personal instead professional

Interview Question – my age, and can I perform my duties   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer
Michigan City, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boyd Gaming in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online on a Thursday got an interview on the following Thursday with the HR specialist then with the Security Manager. Mostly talked about the job itself.

Interview Question – Your basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Opelousas, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boyd Gaming in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. However, if you are applying for a position that requires a gaming license, don't hold your breath as it takes HR a very long time to hire you on and you have to jump through hoops at specified times and days.

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer
Michigan City, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Boyd Gaming in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, no response until I utilized a referral from a current employee, then I was called for an interview the following day. Very professional but relaxed interview. Notably the first comment made by the interviewer was to "thank" me for my military service which I felt was very nice especially since it had been over 20 year ago that I became a veteran. After my initial interview with HR I was interviewed by the Department Head about two weeks later and the offer was made the following day. I believe there would have been less of a delay between interviews if this particular Department Head was better with "following through" as I learned from further experience in that Department.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions and most of the standard type questions were used.   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Officer
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boyd Gaming.

Interview Details – It helps to know someone Ames dryer interview is a breeze because you do almost no talking

Negotiation Details – I got an extra two weeks to get what I needed for work.

Food and Beverage Manageralet Interview

Food and Beverage Manageralet
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Boyd Gaming in September 2008.

Interview Details – A simple 1:1 interview. A few standard behavior questions followed by a hair sample drug test.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for Boyd?   Answer Question

Worked for Boyd Gaming? Contribute to the Community!