Boys Town Assistant Family Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

3.2

Assistant Family Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

My interviewing process consisted of three interviews. One was online, it included answering 5 questions via video recording. The second interview was done over the phone. I was asked questions like "What would you consider inappropriate to have on a t-shirt." The third was face to face.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most uncomfortable issue/event for me to deal with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boys Town

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE) in November 2011.

Interview

There was an initial interview with an outside party and then an interview with a clinical specialist. You have to be ready to learn the Boys Town model on the fly. I have had four total interviews with Boys Town. After two of them I received an offer for employment and was not offered employment after the other two. Being that all four interviews were relatively the same, I am unsure of what Boys Town is looking for during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What situation would you feel most uncomfortable with while dealing with Boys Town youth?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE) in June 2011.

Interview

I filled out an online application, and had one interview for this position. During the interview, I spoke with three people. After answering the standard questions, we did some role playing so they could see how I would react to situations I would encounter as a Boys Town employee. They were very honest about the job, and I found the interview to be a smooth and fast process.

Assistant Family Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boys Town in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewing for the position is rigorous, where Interviewee is asked several questions related to working with children in difficult situations. Role playing is required to see how the interviewee would compose themselves in a turbulent case scenario.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult is role playing because you are looking for a right way to do it instead of the way the company sees fit. It test your ability to handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non Profit organization, you get what they offer based on experience. If the compensation is not enough than don't take the position.