Boys Town Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

3.2

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE).

Interview

It was a little confusing. The interviewer didn't really describe the reward system before telling me to role play it with her. It would be more helpful to explain what the reward system is and why it is set up that way before trying to role play scenarios.

Youth Care Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

First interview was a digital interview through Hirevue. Received a call for a second interview. Questions asked were why you want to work with Boys Town, are you ok with the hours, role playing, which is more important type of questions and etc.

Night Program Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boys Town (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a webcam interview and I did not like it because once you record an answer, you cannot rerecord it. Therefore, you might not be able to give your best in one shot.

Interview Questions

• If one of the youths call you names, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

I was offered the first interview where you recorded responses to questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call within a week. The caller on the phone asked questions about availability, experience, previous jobs, and why I wanted to work as a behavioral health tech. We set up an interview for the following week. I went to the hospital downtown for the interview. It mostly consisted of a worksheet at the beginning containing various scenarios and what I would do about them, and they gave me a job description sheet of the position. The actual interview which took place once I was done took about 45 minutes and consisted of role playing a few scenarios and more 'what would you do' questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw another employee being a little too friendly with the youth?   1 Answer

Youth Care Worker I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

I was offered the first interview in the process which was a video interview using either your phone or computer webcam. There was about 19 questions, mostly open ended some were multiple choice. They presented scenarios or general questions and you record your response with a 3 minute time slot.

Interview Questions

• It was something along the lines of "If a youth were to call you a b**** how would you respond to him or her."   2 Answers

Assistant Family Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

My interviewing process consisted of three interviews. One was online, it included answering 5 questions via video recording. The second interview was done over the phone. I was asked questions like "What would you consider inappropriate to have on a t-shirt." The third was face to face.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most uncomfortable issue/event for me to deal with.   Answer Question

Summer Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boys Town.

Interview

the interview was great and cordial. the recruiter asked me my strengths, weaknesses and other personality-related questions. i had a fun time and i really felt like i was valued (which was true)

Youth Care Worker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boys Town in December 2012.

Interview

first round is a phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes. Lots of questions about your past and why you're interested in the position. Next you go in for a tour of the home, and an interview with two supervisors. They give you sample situations and ask how you would handle them.

Interview Questions

• They create scenarios of youth acting out and ask how you would handle it.   1 Answer

Assistant Family Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boys Town (Omaha, NE) in November 2011.

Interview

There was an initial interview with an outside party and then an interview with a clinical specialist. You have to be ready to learn the Boys Town model on the fly. I have had four total interviews with Boys Town. After two of them I received an offer for employment and was not offered employment after the other two. Being that all four interviews were relatively the same, I am unsure of what Boys Town is looking for during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What situation would you feel most uncomfortable with while dealing with Boys Town youth?   Answer Question