Boys Town

Relevance Date Difficulty

In Home Family Service Consultant Interview

In Home Family Service Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview Details – I was offered the first interview where you recorded responses to questions.

Interview Question – Questions weren't so difficult.   Answer Question

Assistant Family Teacher

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boys Town in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewing for the position is rigorous, where Interviewee is asked several questions related to working with children in difficult situations. Role playing is required to see how the interviewee would compose themselves in a turbulent case scenario.

Interview Question – Most difficult is role playing because you are looking for a right way to do it instead of the way the company sees fit. It test your ability to handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non Profit organization, you get what they offer based on experience. If the compensation is not enough than don't take the position.

Behavioral Health Technician I Interview

Behavioral Health Technician I

I applied online and interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call within a week. The caller on the phone asked questions about availability, experience, previous jobs, and why I wanted to work as a behavioral health tech. We set up an interview for the following week. I went to the hospital downtown for the interview. It mostly consisted of a worksheet at the beginning containing various scenarios and what I would do about them, and they gave me a job description sheet of the position. The actual interview which took place once I was done took about 45 minutes and consisted of role playing a few scenarios and more 'what would you do' questions.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw another employee being a little too friendly with the youth?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Youth Care Worker I Interview

Youth Care Worker I

I applied online and interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview Details – I was offered the first interview in the process which was a video interview using either your phone or computer webcam. There was about 19 questions, mostly open ended some were multiple choice. They presented scenarios or general questions and you record your response with a 3 minute time slot.

Interview Question – It was something along the lines of "If a youth were to call you a b**** how would you respond to him or her."   View Answer

Assistant Family Teacher

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview Details – My interviewing process consisted of three interviews. One was online, it included answering 5 questions via video recording. The second interview was done over the phone. I was asked questions like "What would you consider inappropriate to have on a t-shirt." The third was face to face.

Interview Question – What would be the most uncomfortable issue/event for me to deal with.   Answer Question

Summer Supervisor Interview

Summer Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys Town.

Interview Details – the interview was great and cordial. the recruiter asked me my strengths, weaknesses and other personality-related questions. i had a fun time and i really felt like i was valued (which was true)

Interview Question – non   Answer Question

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boys Town in November 2011.

Interview Details – There was an initial interview with an outside party and then an interview with a clinical specialist. You have to be ready to learn the Boys Town model on the fly. I have had four total interviews with Boys Town. After two of them I received an offer for employment and was not offered employment after the other two. Being that all four interviews were relatively the same, I am unsure of what Boys Town is looking for during the interview process.

Interview Question – What situation would you feel most uncomfortable with while dealing with Boys Town youth?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Boys Town? Contribute to the Community!

Boys Town Videos

Boys Town – Why Work for Us?

Boys Town has been a leader in the care and treatment of children and families since its founding in 1917 by Father Edward J. Flanagan. Through Boys Town's Integrated Continuum of Care, we provide a range of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boys Town interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boys Town employees and interview candidates.