Boys Town Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2014

3.2

In Home Family Service Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boys Town.

I was offered the first interview where you recorded responses to questions.

Assistant Family Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boys Town in December 2010.

Interviewing for the position is rigorous, where Interviewee is asked several questions related to working with children in difficult situations. Role playing is required to see how the interviewee would compose themselves in a turbulent case scenario.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult is role playing because you are looking for a right way to do it instead of the way the company sees fit. It test your ability to handle certain situations.   Answer Question
    Non Profit organization, you get what they offer based on experience. If the compensation is not enough than don't take the position.

Behavioral Health Technician I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boys Town.

Applied online, received a phone call within a week. The caller on the phone asked questions about availability, experience, previous jobs, and why I wanted to work as a behavioral health tech. We set up an interview for the following week. I went to the hospital downtown for the interview. It mostly consisted of a worksheet at the beginning containing various scenarios and what I would do about them, and they gave me a job description sheet of the position. The actual interview which took place once I was done took about 45 minutes and consisted of role playing a few scenarios and more 'what would you do' questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw another employee being a little too friendly with the youth?   View Answer

Youth Care Worker I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boys Town.

I was offered the first interview in the process which was a video interview using either your phone or computer webcam. There was about 19 questions, mostly open ended some were multiple choice. They presented scenarios or general questions and you record your response with a 3 minute time slot.

Interview Questions
    • It was something along the lines of "If a youth were to call you a b**** how would you respond to him or her."   View Answer

Assistant Family Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys Town.

My interviewing process consisted of three interviews. One was online, it included answering 5 questions via video recording. The second interview was done over the phone. I was asked questions like "What would you consider inappropriate to have on a t-shirt." The third was face to face.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most uncomfortable issue/event for me to deal with.   Answer Question

Summer Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys Town.

the interview was great and cordial. the recruiter asked me my strengths, weaknesses and other personality-related questions. i had a fun time and i really felt like i was valued (which was true)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boys Town in November 2011.

There was an initial interview with an outside party and then an interview with a clinical specialist. You have to be ready to learn the Boys Town model on the fly. I have had four total interviews with Boys Town. After two of them I received an offer for employment and was not offered employment after the other two. Being that all four interviews were relatively the same, I am unsure of what Boys Town is looking for during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What situation would you feel most uncomfortable with while dealing with Boys Town youth?   Answer Question

Worked for Boys Town? Contribute to the Community!