Boys & Girls Clubs Academic Mentor Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Academic Mentor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in September 2011.

I sent my resume and cover letter to the HR director, and she got back to me promptly to schedule an interview. I applied in September, right before the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year, and the turn around rate for applicants is quickest then because they have positions that need to be filled immediately. The interview was held in a conference room, where I was interviewed by 3 directors at once. They went down a list of 10 questions or so, asking about my former experience with children, academic background, personal hobbies I would be interested in teaching as an elective if hired as a mentor, and which grade I would most like to teach. The interview lasted less than a hour and I was hired on the spot. The office environment is very casual, low budget, and everyone seems to have a well-rounded sense of humor.

Interview Questions
Your best bet is to be flexible with which grades you'd like to teach, since it is based on which positions are available. The more passionate you are about your hobbies, the more appealing you are to the directors. The salary in non-negotiable and will be less than $14/hour if you do not have at least 40 college units done.