Boys & Girls Clubs

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Development Interview

Director of Development

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview Details – Tedious and slow. Phone interview with HR assistant- very scripted. Followed by second phone interview with HR (recruiter). in person interview with a panel of 3 including the hiring manager. All behavioral questions with next to no questions that elicit my real ability to do the job. weeks after interview to get offer together. Also had to write a letter. Really basic, silly for a job at the level I was interviewing. Makes you realize the caliber of typical applicant if this was a critical part of the interview process.

Interview Question – Dont recall exact questions but all behavioral. What would you do in "x" situation; tell me about a time that you had to do "x"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – SLOW. HR team seems to have no experience outside this organization and be overly enamored with themselves and their perceived "best you will get anywhere" benefits. Free Parking is touted as an amazing part of the package. LOL. Pay is sub-standard. Benefits are average.

Director of Development Interview

Director of Development

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially called by the recruiter as well as the sr director of the program. I met for a 1:1 interview with him and one other member of his staff and after that discussion recieved word from the recruiter they decided to move in another direction with other candidates.

Interview Question – Please explain a problem in which you were a chnage agent?   Answer Question

Worked for Boys & Girls Clubs? Contribute to the Community!