Boys & Girls Clubs

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Grants Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in April 2012.

I applied for a job with B&GC online, and was called for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork, as instructed and was presented with a paper application identical to the one I filled out online. My interview was scheduled for 11a, and they kept me waiting until 11:45a. The environment was very cold and sterile. The interview panel was stiff and not at all engaging. They kept referencing how the job is very process driven but all the questions were behavioral "how would you handle this awful situation" questions. After the interview, I was taken into another room by a really superficial and phony woman who proceeded to tell me about their benefits, touting "free parking" as their signature item. Standard medical benefits, but the vacation benefit is structured funny. I didn't get the sense they were really receptive to my questions about work life balance, professional development and advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how you would handle an irate funder calling about an issue with a grant?   Answer Question