Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.4

Strategy & Analysis Interview

Interview

I was directed towards Vitality Vending by my University, and joined the team there after an in-person interview with the career program employee of my school and a phone interview with the owner of Vitality Vending.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

The organization is really interested in about who you are as a person. Not only do they want you to perform a great but also want you to serve as a role model for the childen.

Activity Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

3 step process: Written application process and call back. 2. Met with an interviewer and basically talked about my experience with students, and misc fielding questions about how I would diffuse problems with students and parents. Finally, met with the last person who asked more about teaching and mentoring techniques. A significant portion of interview was an impromptu lesson plan request. Was asked to create an activity for students at any level, whichever subject, and to make it fun!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with problem students?   1 Answer

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was extremely brief and straight forward. No trick questions. Most of the questions revolved around what was on my resume and my experience working with children. A lot of questions also focused on how I work with other individuals.

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet. Asked about schedule availability, passion, and approach as a caretaker/counselor. Spoke about member demographics and my experience with different backgrounds. Informed me about neighborhood and members different age groups.

Director of National Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone interview and then panel interview. It was pretty straight forward, panel shooting questions at you.. A lot of head nodding.. Seems with the organization that it's not as Diversity friendly, as it tries to sell itself.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a situation where you had conflict with another staff member and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Had one hour interview with three different teams of two to five people, phone interview with ED and did not meet in person till after hired. Not sure who everyone on panel was and why they were onvolved.

After School Program Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Owensboro, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very short interview. Of course its going to be different for everyone depending on where you live. But they took me in a room, asked me about my avaliabilty and gave me two scenario questions. Then the interviewer started talking about policies and uniforms and asked me to fill out the paper work. I had been hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness you have?   1 Answer
    • How would you promote positive behavior?   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Received a call to interview with the CEO of Boys and Girls Club in Costa Mesa, CA. Scheduled interview and attended interview at their site in Costa Mesa. After the interview I submitted an application and never received a follow up. I did not follow up with them since I felt it was not a good fit.

Unit Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

The interview process deals with how you respond to problems. They ask questions and then ask what your response would be in a dangerous situation or a situation where you do not feel comfortable. They also ask you about your skill level and previous experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a child who is uncomplient with the rules, but you later find out from the parent that he/she has a disability and a behavioral problem?   Answer Question