Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

got called up and was interviewed by 2 people within the next few days. has been a week and a half and still no call back.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to get the attention of a group of children?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a parent approached you really angry and upset?   Answer Question

Chief Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied for the position online. I received a telephone interview request within a few days of applying. The interview was supposed to be an hour long but thirty minutes in to the interview I was told I could continue with the phone interview or that she could send me an email to have me answer the rest of the questions. I was taken aback by this sudden change since we hadn't really discussed my qualifications or the details of the position but I could tell she was ready to get of the phone. When I called back to ask if I needed to complete the questions I had already answered I was told that they already had everything they needed and didn't need to answer any additional questions. I would consider the interviewer to be rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I never got to the question and answer session of the interview.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Submitted a resume based on a craigslist posting. Got a call back, interviewed with CFO, then with president, CFO, and HR manager.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Interview

The process of getting a job at the camp was to either know someone that works there currently or to be hired through the counselor in training program.

Part Time Seasonal Staff Interview

Interview

I got hired when I was 15, I came to the interview in soccer workout clothes because I had practice right after. The YDS was very understanding and didn't try to treat me like an adult applying for a very formal position.

Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Gainesville, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

I was referred from a previous position at another BGC

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Usual questions. Apparently there has been a great deal of turn over in this particular department. The approach to acquiring new donors is through direct mail (very expensive). Staff is not allowed to talk with and/or meet with Board.

Negotiation

With the reputation of such a fine organization, I was surprised they gave me the offer letter on the first day of work. My mistake, always ask for the offer letter before you start the job.

Child Care Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Chandler, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

Met with boss for short informal interview and got the job a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Utica, NY).

Interview

Very informal interview. I applied for a position as a program director and was given a job offer. I later found out that the position was not open and had to accept a position as a group leader.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Recreational Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Long Beach, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Wasn't really an interview for me since I volunteered there for a couple of years. But it was pretty basic question asking. Then there was what ifs questions. But, since I volunteered there before I had a foot in the door already so I say volunteer for a couple of months to get experience before hand.