Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions

2.4

Teen Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2014.

Applied on their website, and received an initial interview the following week. It was a very typical interview with different scenarios where I was asked to explain how I would respond in different situations. I was also asked about my previous experience and how I would relate to the kids I would be working with. I was called back for a second interview, which is not until next week.

Interview Questions
    • This is not a direct quote, but I was asked something like "Since the Teen Program at our center is relatively new and undeveloped, what steps would you take to help grow the program and how would you try to attract more teens in our community to the program? Also, how would you help more teens understand that this program is not just for younger children?"   Answer Question

Director Organizational Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in April 2014.

Initial interview with recruiter, then panel interview with hiring manager and others. Recruiter left organization in middle of process - communication from organization stopped. No coordination with candidates regarding change for communication and/or receipt of materials/info sent to recruiter

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

The process of getting a job at the camp was to either know someone that works there currently or to be hired through the counselor in training program.

Part Time Seasonal Staff Interview

I got hired when I was 15, I came to the interview in soccer workout clothes because I had practice right after. The YDS was very understanding and didn't try to treat me like an adult applying for a very formal position.

Digital Connectors Program Instructor Interview

I was referred to them by a hiring company and I was interviewed only once. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people. They had a list of questions and asking one by one. Most of questions were from background knowledge and experience and I did good on that.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question asking about what you have done to improve the process in your previous jobs.   Answer Question

I got busy with my college and studying. Plus I didn't have any transportation on that time.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Very informal interview. I applied for a position as a program director and was given a job offer. I later found out that the position was not open and had to accept a position as a group leader.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

They emailed me right away for an interview, and it was an overall positive experience. I felt like they wanted to ask me a lot of questions that were related to the job, but they also wanted to know what drew me to the company and the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is another application for a pencil, besides writing.   Answer Question
    It was pretty straightforward, not a lot of room to negotiate.

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Submitted a resume based on a craigslist posting. Got a call back, interviewed with CFO, then with president, CFO, and HR manager.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in August 2013.

Usual questions. Apparently there has been a great deal of turn over in this particular department. The approach to acquiring new donors is through direct mail (very expensive). Staff is not allowed to talk with and/or meet with Board.

With the reputation of such a fine organization, I was surprised they gave me the offer letter on the first day of work. My mistake, always ask for the offer letter before you start the job.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

I applied online and was called back very quickly. I went in for an interview two days later and was interviewed by three people. The questions were pretty easy and just asked about past experiences, why I applied there, what are my career goals, etc. The interviewers were unorganized and didn't know what they were doing.

Interview Questions

The place was extremely nasty and smelled bad and the pay was very low. Additionally, the director was rude and unprofessional.