Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.4

Recreational Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Long Beach, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Wasn't really an interview for me since I volunteered there for a couple of years. But it was pretty basic question asking. Then there was what ifs questions. But, since I volunteered there before I had a foot in the door already so I say volunteer for a couple of months to get experience before hand.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Interview

The process of getting a job at the camp was to either know someone that works there currently or to be hired through the counselor in training program.

Part Time Seasonal Staff Interview

Interview

I got hired when I was 15, I came to the interview in soccer workout clothes because I had practice right after. The YDS was very understanding and didn't try to treat me like an adult applying for a very formal position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Columbus, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was late. Asked same questions repeatedly. Seemed uncomfortable and flustered because he was late and I was on time. Seemed unprofessional. Informed me that receptionist had also applied for the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about travel?   1 Answer

Interview

I was referred to them by a hiring company and I was interviewed only once. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people. They had a list of questions and asking one by one. Most of questions were from background knowledge and experience and I did good on that.

Interview Questions

• There was a question asking about what you have done to improve the process in your previous jobs.   Answer Question

I got busy with my college and studying. Plus I didn't have any transportation on that time.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Utica, NY).

Interview

Very informal interview. I applied for a position as a program director and was given a job offer. I later found out that the position was not open and had to accept a position as a group leader.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Escondido, CA).

Interview

They emailed me right away for an interview, and it was an overall positive experience. I felt like they wanted to ask me a lot of questions that were related to the job, but they also wanted to know what drew me to the company and the position.

Interview Questions

• What is another application for a pencil, besides writing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty straightforward, not a lot of room to negotiate.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

I was asked the general questions that you are asked within a interview. My opinion is that they already knew that they were not going to hire me because they did not even allow me to know about the job opening that had become available. I had to go online and find out about it, after asking the head staff.

Interview Questions

• If any, what are somethings that you have accomplished while here so far?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Submitted a resume based on a craigslist posting. Got a call back, interviewed with CFO, then with president, CFO, and HR manager.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Usual questions. Apparently there has been a great deal of turn over in this particular department. The approach to acquiring new donors is through direct mail (very expensive). Staff is not allowed to talk with and/or meet with Board.

Negotiation

With the reputation of such a fine organization, I was surprised they gave me the offer letter on the first day of work. My mistake, always ask for the offer letter before you start the job.