Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Boys & Girls Clubs
- Summer Camp Counselor (3)
- Program Director (3)
- Youth Counselor (3)
- After School Program Staff (2)
- Unit Director (2)
- Youth Development Professional (2)
- Counselor (2)
- Director of Development (2)
- Activity Leader (2)
- Recreation Area Supervisor (2)
- Program Specialist (2)
- Staff (2)
- Chief Information Officer (1)
- Branch Manager (1)
- Site Supervisor (1)
- Administrative (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Activities Assistant (1)
- Activities Coordinator (1)
- Grant Writer (1)
- Director (1)
- Management (1)
- Senior Counselor (1)
- Finance Manager (1)
- Staff Coordinator (1)
- Director Organizational Development (1)
- Development (1)
- Development Assistant (1)
- Development Manager (1)
- Chief Operations Officer (1)
Program Director Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.
Pretty standard process. Submit a job application and resume to HR. They will call to set up an interview, which involves two people. They ask questions related to the job you're applying for, give scenarios and ask your response, ask about experience and interest in the organization. Nothing out of the ordinary.
- Responding to scenario questions would be difficult if you have no experience. Answer Question
They do not do a lot of negotiating, they offer you a position.
Other Interview Reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs
Program Director InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Utica, NY).
Very informal interview. I applied for a position as a program director and was given a job offer. I later found out that the position was not open and had to accept a position as a group leader.
- The interview was very informal. Answer Question
There was no negotiation.
Program Director InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Troy, NY) in June 2009.
The interview process was very professional. I met with the Site Director first and she asked me basic interview questions. Then I met with the Executive Director and she asked me questions that the staff and assembled together.
- How would you handle a difficult situation with a parent. Answer Question