Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco

Candidate Interview Review

Teen Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco in March 2009.

The Boys and Girls club was the interview to prepare me for all other interviews.

1. I applied for the job using their website (which is almost never updated)
    2. I was scheduled for a phone interview for a position that was lower than I originally applied for. I was never consulted if I wanted the position (I was unemployed, I wanted it).
    3. The first interview was a 45+ minute phone interview asking at least 25 behavioral questions.
    IE "Tell me about a time you made a mistake. Tell me how you handled that mistake. Tell me about a time your supervisor had to discipline you. Tell me about a success story with someone you worked with. Tell me about the hardest decision you had to make..."
    3. I passed the initial screening and was schedule for a group interview at the job location. I was interviewed by 5 males and I was asked additional behavioral questions and odd questions to prove that I could work with under-served teens. "I am going to give you a list of slang words, tell me what they mean..."
    4. I was told to prepare an activity to present to the teens as part of the interview process. Unfortunately, do to scheduling conflicts, I didn't get a chance to present.

The job was working with teens in a dangerous neighborhood (Visitation Valley).

I was declined the next day!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about....(every difficult or successful situation you have ever been involved with during your career)   View Answer