Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco

5.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview which was about an hour long. This consisted of a lot of questions about what types of programs I had designed and what I thought I could design for their program. Next I did an in person interview that was 45 minutes or so. I was interviewed by three people and was asked multiple questions in multiple formats that were essentially the same and asked about a problem I had faced and how I solved it. They asked about times when I had a disagreement with a coworker. They asked about what role I play in a team. They asked about what I do on a team when the group cannot reach a consensus. For this position the step following in-person interviews is supposed to be leading an activity that you designed with the youth. Be prepared for a marathon of an interview and think of a ton of problem solving examples. I would say try to think of a 3-5 problem solving examples and about 3-5 examples of times when you were challenged working in teams or with coworkers and how you overcame those.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a student failed and how you contributed to that failure? Describe a time you had to negotiate something and how did you do that?   Answer Question

Teen Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The Boys and Girls club was the interview to prepare me for all other interviews. 1. I applied for the job using their website (which is almost never updated) 2. I was scheduled for a phone interview for a position that was lower than I originally applied for. I was never consulted if I wanted the position (I was unemployed, I wanted it). 3. The first interview was a 45+ minute phone interview asking at least 25 behavioral questions. IE "Tell me about a time you made a mistake. Tell me how you handled that mistake. Tell me about a time your supervisor had to discipline you. Tell me about a success story with someone you worked with. Tell me about the hardest decision you had to make..." 3. I passed the initial screening and was schedule for a group interview at the job location. I was interviewed by 5 males and I was asked additional behavioral questions and odd questions to prove that I could work with under-served teens. "I am going to give you a list of slang words, tell me what they mean..." 4. I was told to prepare an activity to present to the teens as part of the interview process. Unfortunately, do to scheduling conflicts, I didn't get a chance to present. The job was working with teens in a dangerous neighborhood (Visitation Valley). I was declined the next day!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about....(every difficult or successful situation you have ever been involved with during your career)   1 Answer