Bozzuto Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bozzuto.

Interview

The process started on the Indeed job search engine. It's been about a month or two and so far, I've completed an online questionnaire, a video interview and a phone interview. After speaking with the recruiter, she told me that the position I applied for was no longer empty, but she wanted to consider me for a position at other locations, should something open up. She reaches out a few weeks later to set up an interview at a location that is literally 1.5 hours away. At first I agreed to attend the interview, but after careful consideration, I decided that it made no sense to interview for a job with a 1.5 hour commute- each way. For the somewhat low initial salary offer (I was vaguely told a "low 30s" during my phone interview) & with my transportation issue (at the moment, I do not have my own vehicle), I decided the feat of working at Bozzuto a hassle and I cancelled my in-person interview. Initially, I applied to the position at the specific location because I know very much about the area and could potentially be a very useful employee. However, I know very little about the location where I was assigned to interview, which added to my anxiety about attending the interview.

Bookkeeper Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bozzuto.

Interview

The human resources office is friendly as a whole. I enjoyed meeting with the staff, they made me feel comfortable. The office interview was nice as well. Since I was already familiar with Bozzuto the first time this wasn't really hard to endure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It wasn't difficult at all. I accepted the salary given.

Sales and Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bozzuto.

Interview

After I submitted the online "behavioral survey" I waited about 2-3 weeks before a recruiter called me. We talked briefly on the phone and then we scheduled an additional phone interview to discuss my resume. After that I had a face-to-face interview with the Property Manager I was supposed to work for. Next interview a few days later was with the regional manager. Questions were very simple since this is an entry level position and I was just out of college with little professional experience. After about 2 weeks of interviewing I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What do you do when someone has an objection?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation on SSA salary

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bozzuto.

Interview

After I initially applied, I received an email to move forward with the interview process. Little did I know, it would not be on the phone or in person--it was a video interview. Except you weren't being interviewed by an actual person. Questions were displayed on the computer screen, I had 30 seconds to prep my answer and up to 3 minutes to answer. Awkward and uncomfortable to say the least. I'm pretty confident that I can talk to just about anyone....except to myself....on a computer screen. It was me looking at me. Rough one.

Interview Questions

• They use some sort of acronym in their mission statement. You had to give examples for each word in the acronym.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bozzuto (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

I had been working as a temp at my site for 3 weeks and demonstrated that I was eager and capable to do the work that needed to be done. The site was shot handed so it was very informal and almost taken for granted. I honestly look at my time as a temp as an extended interview with the question and answer period with the regional as a formality.

Interview Questions

• There were some stock corporate "What are your greatest strength/weakness" questions but I think the strangest part was finding out afterward that I was on speaker in front of a much larger group of people. It doesn't change anything but it was slightly off putting. I was nervous and some of my answers were clumsy. I'm glad they weighted my work and experience more heavily than my answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I proposed my salary to my manager, she passed it to hers and they accepted it. I almost wished I'd asked for more!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bozzuto (Washington, DC).

Interview

You can apply online. I first had a phone interview with a recruiter. She then set up an interview in person on one of the properties with both the property manager and the regional manager. I only had 2 interviews, but I've heard of people having more if necessary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation.

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bozzuto in July 2014.

Interview

The entire process from application to start date was almost four weeks. Everything moved at a steady pace. I applied online, then I was sent an email for a video (via smartphone/webcam) interview. Then I did a phone interview and a face to face. Everything will go only as fast as you get done what's being requested of you.

Interview Questions

• The video interview had timed questions and once you finished it was automatically sent to HR. No chance to re-do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bozzuto in June 2014.

Interview

Two weeks after applying, I got an email saying to schedule an over-the-internet interview. That was pretty standard. Then I scheduled a phone interview later that week which was also pretty standard. The last interview was an in person interview with very basic questions. The in person interview was on a Friday, and I got the offer that Monday.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time where you were given tough constructive criticism?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotioation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bozzuto (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website & immediate got redirected to a 3rd party questionnaire site. I was asked to fill out two forms relating to my personality and general intelligence, which was very easy. The next morning I awoke to an email asking to take part in a Video Interview through and app called HireVue. Very easy and straightforward. Literally 20 min after sending it, I answered a call from the recruiter with some followup questions. That went well and I booked a time to interview in person with two managers. Their questions were good and specific relating to experience and how I would handle situations. I left feeling good overall & have not heard back yet. I send a followup email to the recruiter today and am hopeful for an answer in a few days or so.

Interview Questions

• Given a situation, how would you handle it and how would you rank importance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bozzuto (Wheaton, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

In my honest opinion, this is a seriously entry level position and not one that you could easily sustain your life on if you are independent. Beware, the recruiter will not accurately paint the picture of salary and bonus potential. My experience led me through a video interview and two in person interviews only to realize in the end that it was time consuming for nothing other than interview experience.

The recruiter told me in our first conversation my salary would be mid 30's and a commission potential between 5-10K. Only in my third interview did the portfolio manager give an exact number which was a base of 34 with potential commission between 2-4K realistically. Many companies will negotiate a base if they really want you for your talent. I came to the company with multiple years of experience and they seemed extremely interested in hiring me. I explained I could not make less than 40K and they refused to budge on the base 2-3K to make it possible. If you are going into this process thinking they will work with you if you have the right skills to offer, you are wrong.

After turning the property down their recruiter contacted me immediately about two other positions with them that offered a higher base. She explained that she didn't want to lose me as a candidate. I responded back with questions regarding the other opportunities as I was interested. To date she has never responded or contacted me. I have since gotten a great job, thankfully, but my experience with Bozzuto was unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• You are giving a tour to a prospective tenant. A current resident approaches you and starts complaining about an issue in their apartment that has been broken for a long time and nobody will come to take care of the issue. The tenant is voicing frustration and is angry in front of the prospect. How do you handle this situation?   Answer Question