Bracket Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.2

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bracket in March 2015.

Interview

I should mention I had not checked GlassDoor prior to going through this; and I'm moving myself for eating my time.

A former coworker from another company supplied me information to this position, and supplied my resume to the company. Apparently the higher ups grabbed my resume quickly and were interested; but apparently 'could not hire me directly due to company policy.' Instead, my resume was pushed over to their recruiter; still being contacted the same day. After going over the position he set me up will an interview. This all took less than an hour, and I was kept up to date through my former coworker via text. My interview had to be rescheduled two days later than originally scheduled due to illness, but they were very accommodating.

The receptionist was very polite while i waited for the first person to arrive. I interviewed with four people; one which was over the phone from the UK. I had to walk between two buildings during the whole ordeal. Each one asked the same exact questions. There were technical difficulties with reaching out to the person in the UK, which added an extra twenty minutes on top of everything.

Everyone was nice, and I had multiple things in common with two of the people I interviewed with in person. I left feeling positive about the whole thing. The recruiter called me back shortly after to ask how it went; and whether or not he should accept on my behalf if they supplied an offer. At the time I said yes. He said he would reach back out to me at a specific time later on that day. He did not for almost an entire week.

***During this whole process, I came to find out the details about were being supplied to my former coworker. I received a text from them about my interview over an HOUR before the recruiter called. The interviewers also went into detail over what was said during the interviews.***

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength? [Asked by all 4.]   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness? [Asked by all 4.]   Answer Question
    • So.. Tell me about yourself. [Asked by all 4 with the same inflection.]   Answer Question

Besides the non-negotiable pay rate WELL below my skill level; and the breach of trust over the progress of the interview process, and interview itself.

I explained to the recruiter that I had lost interest after the week-long cold shoulder [from him, and the company - Thursday to Wednesday] after being told I would be spoken to later on that day. I had to reiterate this three times to the recruiter over the phone for the next three weeks; who STILL decided to call me again yesterday to leave me a voicemail to 'just let me know they decided to pass, but he would keep an eye out for other positions for me.'

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bracket in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about the opportunity and went in to complete an application/preliminary interview, as well as performing a skills test for Microsoft Word and Excel. Within two weeks, I had a formal interview with 4 people at various levels within the company. They were all incredibly friendly and informative, making sure to fully explain the details of what I would be doing as a Project Assistant. I met with each person for a half hour and it was more conversational than I expected. They each asked different questions and seemed to be getting at different qualities and characteristics they wanted to know about me. None of the questions were difficult or out of the ordinary, but they were phrased in ways that required you to think a bit harder than just listing your strengths, weaknesses, and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an issue or mistake that affects quality control?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took about a week before I was contacted by my recruiter and informed that I was offered the job. My start date was scheduled for about two weeks following my acceptance of the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Took a few weeks to get interview scheduled. Met with 5 different people.

Very standard questions and process with same questions from different interviewers.

I was very open about my current salary and expectations from day 1. They seemed excited to have me join so I was surprised when the offer came back at less than I currently make. No room for negotiation. Felt like they wasted my time. I did not accept.

Compensation

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bracket (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submitted application online, one week later was contacted by the recruiter for a phone screen which lasted about 15 minutes. The following week was invited in for an onsite-interview, which was scheduled for the following week. The onsite interview was 2.5 hours where I was interviewed by 4 different people, one by one. Online application to interview was less than 20 days. The people I met were very friendly, even seemed a bit desperate as if they really needed people to get started soon. I asked about the high turnover, which one of the interviewers acknowledged was a big issue at the company.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were standard questions, there were so surprises. I found myself recycling the same answers told to one interviewer and repeating it to another interviewer. They seem to have an interview template and it seems advance planning would have prevented the duplicate questions being asked.   Answer Question

My salary expectations could not be met, and the company was inflexible in negotiating. Makes me wonder how they would handle an actual employee asking for a raise or bonus?

Associate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bracket.

Interview

Came one time and interviewed with 4 people which is the normal process, 30 minutes with each person. Timing was fast from phone screen to hire.

Interview Questions

• normal questions. People were very smart and friendly. It was a great interview experience.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bracket (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

technical questions like programming skills, PD, SAP, ANOVA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bracket (Wayne, PA).

Interview

I worked for a contract company. I had to meet with 4 different people in 20-30 minute segments. The HR guy was really cool. He even told me who to really impress. 1 interviewer wasn't even supposed to interview me, so he didn't know anything about me. It was draining and long. It wasn't challenging or tricky, it was just longggg and repetitive. By the end, I was tripping over my words because I had been saying it over and over again. It was the worst interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, one question that I hadn't prepared for was about how I deal with stress.   1 Answer

Negotiation

DO NOT ACCEPT IT!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bracket (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter, and had an in-person interview set up. Interview was 2 hours long, 30 minute increments with a hiring manager and three project managers. All project managers were at least ten minutes late to each interview slot. Most left before interview was over. Was asked my greatest weakness, to tell them about myself. The most basic of basic.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. All top 10 most asked interview questions.   Answer Question

The interview was disorganized and company atmosphere was terrible.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bracket (Wayne, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with four people. The first person was an HR rep who walked me through the process. Other 3 people asked basic interview questions.

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bracket.

Interview

One of the worst companies I have ever interviewed with! I would highly suggest that people read the employee reviews and really consider what they have said. Its all true! Turn over is high and right after they hire someone, they are hiring for the same position a month later! Interview at your own risk because even the interview process was horrible!