Bracket

Updated Dec 23, 2014
Updated Dec 23, 2014

2.2

Project Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bracket in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter about the opportunity and went in to complete an application/preliminary interview, as well as performing a skills test for Microsoft Word and Excel. Within two weeks, I had a formal interview with 4 people at various levels within the company. They were all incredibly friendly and informative, making sure to fully explain the details of what I would be doing as a Project Assistant. I met with each person for a half hour and it was more conversational than I expected. They each asked different questions and seemed to be getting at different qualities and characteristics they wanted to know about me. None of the questions were difficult or out of the ordinary, but they were phrased in ways that required you to think a bit harder than just listing your strengths, weaknesses, and qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an issue or mistake that affects quality control?   View Answer
    It took about a week before I was contacted by my recruiter and informed that I was offered the job. My start date was scheduled for about two weeks following my acceptance of the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Contacted by recruiter. Took a few weeks to get interview scheduled. Met with 5 different people.

Very standard questions and process with same questions from different interviewers.

I was very open about my current salary and expectations from day 1. They seemed excited to have me join so I was surprised when the offer came back at less than I currently make. No room for negotiation. Felt like they wasted my time. I did not accept.

Compensation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bracket.

Submitted application online, one week later was contacted by the recruiter for a phone screen which lasted about 15 minutes. The following week was invited in for an onsite-interview, which was scheduled for the following week. The onsite interview was 2.5 hours where I was interviewed by 4 different people, one by one. Online application to interview was less than 20 days. The people I met were very friendly, even seemed a bit desperate as if they really needed people to get started soon. I asked about the high turnover, which one of the interviewers acknowledged was a big issue at the company.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were standard questions, there were so surprises. I found myself recycling the same answers told to one interviewer and repeating it to another interviewer. They seem to have an interview template and it seems advance planning would have prevented the duplicate questions being asked.   Answer Question

My salary expectations could not be met, and the company was inflexible in negotiating. Makes me wonder how they would handle an actual employee asking for a raise or bonus?

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bracket.

Came one time and interviewed with 4 people which is the normal process, 30 minutes with each person. Timing was fast from phone screen to hire.

Interview Questions
    • normal questions. People were very smart and friendly. It was a great interview experience.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Bracket in April 2014.

technical questions like programming skills, PD, SAP, ANOVA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bracket.

I worked for a contract company. I had to meet with 4 different people in 20-30 minute segments. The HR guy was really cool. He even told me who to really impress. 1 interviewer wasn't even supposed to interview me, so he didn't know anything about me. It was draining and long. It wasn't challenging or tricky, it was just longggg and repetitive. By the end, I was tripping over my words because I had been saying it over and over again. It was the worst interview I ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, one question that I hadn't prepared for was about how I deal with stress.   View Answer
    DO NOT ACCEPT IT!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bracket.

Got a call from the recruiter, and had an in-person interview set up. Interview was 2 hours long, 30 minute increments with a hiring manager and three project managers. All project managers were at least ten minutes late to each interview slot. Most left before interview was over. Was asked my greatest weakness, to tell them about myself. The most basic of basic.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. All top 10 most asked interview questions.   Answer Question

The interview was disorganized and company atmosphere was terrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bracket in December 2013.

I interviewed with four people. The first person was an HR rep who walked me through the process. Other 3 people asked basic interview questions.

Project Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bracket.

One of the worst companies I have ever interviewed with! I would highly suggest that people read the employee reviews and really consider what they have said. Its all true! Turn over is high and right after they hire someone, they are hiring for the same position a month later! Interview at your own risk because even the interview process was horrible!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bracket.

First phone interview presents the company, whatever they can say without an NDA - storage, clouds, etc. They ask you what you think about code quality and a little about your experience.

They do not do full day of interviews, but instead prefer multi-day 2-3 hour interviews.

Most questions are behavioral - what would your colleagues say about you, what do you think about code quality, tell us about a difficult project, tell us about a situation where you had a problem with manager / peer.
    Coding questions are mostly easy:
    - given a set of tasks, and a list of dependency pairs (task1 depends on task2, etc.), print the tasks in order that satisfies the dependencies.
    - given expression tree with nodes that are either +-*/ or numbers - evaluate it.
    - do regular expression matching ,e.g. a*b , aaab => yes. a*b*cd => bbbcd => yes.

I was stunned to see that some people at the company seemed arrogant and careless.

Interview Questions
    • Design a DB with ACID properties on top of a NOSQL (key-value store). You get to ask clarifying questions, but the idea may be something like sharded key-value store, and how you'll guarantee ACID on top of that.   Answer Question
    • do regular expression matching ,e.g. a*b , aaab => yes. a*b*cd => bbbcd => yes.   Answer Question
    • given expression tree with nodes that are either +-*/ or numbers - evaluate it.   Answer Question
    • given a set of tasks, and a list of dependency pairs (task1 depends on task2, etc.), print the tasks in order that satisfies the dependencies.   View Answer

The way I was treated during the interview and negotiation process was stunning. Imagine what the work environment at the company is. Compensation is also a joke.