Bracket

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bracket in March 2013.

Interview Details – I regret that I didn't decline their offer and continued to look for work at other places. They painted the Project Specialist position as something an experienced person would be suited for. This is a job that someone out of high school could easily accomplish. They misrepresented the promotion process and said world travel would be a perk and you could vacation internationally after a meeting. Travel is mostly restricted to positions several positions above this one and has become increasingly less frequent.

I guess they are desperate to fill all the positions that open through people leaving and will say anything to get you in through the door. I read some reviews on this site and asked them about turnover. A manager response was that they are hiring because they are so profitable and growing so quickly which also turned out to be a huge misrepresentation. Stay away from them.

Negotiation Details – Below market salary offer. No negotiation. Was told that I would quickly be promoted and would reach my expected salary level (not how bracket operates). They also said that I would receive a guaranteed bonus of 10% which was also false.

Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bracket in May 2011.

Interview Details – After going through 3 telephone interview, I was invited on site interview at HQ office in Wayne PA. I had 15 minutes long interviews with 2 directors and 1 PM. After the interview, they have me to take 30 minutes long basic PC skill test.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions were asked. Very typical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – only 1 day to respond to offer letter. and seems there are no rooms to negotiate when offer comes.

Project Assistant
Wayne, PA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Bracket.

Interview Details – I worked for a contract company. I had to meet with 4 different people in 20-30 minute segments. The HR guy was really cool. He even told me who to really impress. 1 interviewer wasn't even supposed to interview me, so he didn't know anything about me. It was draining and long. It wasn't challenging or tricky, it was just longggg and repetitive. By the end, I was tripping over my words because I had been saying it over and over again. It was the worst interview I ever had.

Interview Question – Honestly, one question that I hadn't prepared for was about how I deal with stress.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – DO NOT ACCEPT IT!

Project Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bracket in April 2013.

Interview Details – Selected for an interview via a placement agency. Once selected, they asked me what time on Friday of the following week would be good for me.

At the interview, the receptionist was friendly and kindly asked me to sign in while I waited for the first of four people to interview me.

The first interview was with HR. He asked me the standard questions before giving me a run-down of what to say in my next interviews.

Following this, three more people interviewed me.

I waited a couple of weeks to hear whether or not I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Bracket negotiated with my placement agent.

Wayne, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bracket in December 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with four people. The first person was an HR rep who walked me through the process. Other 3 people asked basic interview questions.

Interview Question – Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Associate Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bracket.

Interview Details – Got a call from the recruiter, and had an in-person interview set up. Interview was 2 hours long, 30 minute increments with a hiring manager and three project managers. All project managers were at least ten minutes late to each interview slot. Most left before interview was over. Was asked my greatest weakness, to tell them about myself. The most basic of basic.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. All top 10 most asked interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview was disorganized and company atmosphere was terrible.

Project Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bracket.

Interview Details – One of the worst companies I have ever interviewed with! I would highly suggest that people read the employee reviews and really consider what they have said. Its all true! Turn over is high and right after they hire someone, they are hiring for the same position a month later! Interview at your own risk because even the interview process was horrible!

Interview Question – none. All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Specialist
Wayne, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bracket in May 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and then brought in to conduct a two hour in-person interview.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions as all of the people that interviewed me read from a printed questionnaire. What was difficult was sitting there knowing that the recruiter misrepresented the position in order to get me in the door. Not one of the interviewers could think outside of the box, which was a clear indication that none of them understood more than data entry tasks. Once they realized that I knew this, the interview started to go downhill...quickly.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer II Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bracket in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was very straight forward. Asked few questions on joins in SQL. Interview was for 3 hours. In each round every interviewer asked the same questions. It is very easy to clear the interview.

Interview Question – Nothing in the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation not allowed

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Bracket.

Interview Details – First phone interview presents the company, whatever they can say without an NDA - storage, clouds, etc. They ask you what you think about code quality and a little about your experience.

They do not do full day of interviews, but instead prefer multi-day 2-3 hour interviews.

Most questions are behavioral - what would your colleagues say about you, what do you think about code quality, tell us about a difficult project, tell us about a situation where you had a problem with manager / peer.
Coding questions are mostly easy:
- given a set of tasks, and a list of dependency pairs (task1 depends on task2, etc.), print the tasks in order that satisfies the dependencies.
- given expression tree with nodes that are either +-*/ or numbers - evaluate it.
- do regular expression matching ,e.g. a*b , aaab => yes. a*b*cd => bbbcd => yes.

I was stunned to see that some people at the company seemed arrogant and careless.

Interview Questions

• Design a DB with ACID properties on top of a NOSQL (key-value store). You get to ask clarifying questions, but the idea may be something like sharded key-value store, and how you'll guarantee ACID on top of that.   Answer Question
  • do regular expression matching ,e.g. a*b , aaab => yes. a*b*cd => bbbcd => yes.   Answer Question
  • given expression tree with nodes that are either +-*/ or numbers - evaluate it.   Answer Question
  • given a set of tasks, and a list of dependency pairs (task1 depends on task2, etc.), print the tasks in order that satisfies the dependencies.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The way I was treated during the interview and negotiation process was stunning. Imagine what the work environment at the company is. Compensation is also a joke.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bracket

Worked for Bracket? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bracket interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bracket employees and interview candidates.