Brady

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Interview

Ontario, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brady in January 2010.

Interview Details – A long drawn out process that Companies use today that lowers there cost and keeps you from having and medical support for 3 to 6 months

Interview Question – How was your experience with your last Company, one in which you cant really speak the truth   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brady in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from a recruiter for a phone screening. Following the phone screening I interviewed in person with HR, hiring manager and a VP. It was a very straight forward process and typical interview questions. Following the interview I was told I would have feedback within a week. After more than a month and multiple emails sent they have yet to follow up. To me this a bad sign for a company if they cannot provide an answer to their interview candidates.

Interview Question – What would your most recent supervisor say is a weakness about you?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brady in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within days for a phone screening with HR. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager and was then asked to come into the offices in Branford, CT for an in person interview with four other members of the team. During my interviews, several members of the team mentioned how unstable Brady had been recently, that they'd had a large layoff recently and that was why the office was so empty. While I appreciated the transparency, I was concerned with the stability of the position. It was then revealed that the hiring manger, who'd spent a lot of time interviewing me, had actually already resigned and she was just helping out before she left. After spending hours in the Brady offices interviewing, I was told that they'd be setting up another phone interview with some of the more senior team members. I never heard from them again. I sent thank you and follow up emails asking about the progress of the hiring process. No one ever responded. While I understand that they may have decided to go with another candidate, or put the position on hold, I believe that after the time I spent they should've at least let me know either way. Overall, this was a total waste of time.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable working at company in transition?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Interviewed at Brady

Interview Details – Phone screen mad by HR, general review of work history. Then phone screen with the hiring manager reviewing the specifics of the position in relation to job fit. Then had 2 onsite interviews, first with hiring manager, then with Director.

Interview Question – What are your two weaknesses?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Product Marketing Professional Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brady in June 2011.

Interview Details – Professional position interviews will span 1/2 day, interacting 1:1 with various managers in the group, both vertical and lateral. Expect the run of the mill hiring process, complete with all the paperwork and checks. I choose not to share details of the interviews themselves, but simply know that Brady hires personality over skill. Why so? Skill can be taught, but you cannot alter an unwelcoming personality.

Interview Question – The most difficult question of all--'Why you over the other candidates?'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but there is slight room for negotiation.

Key Account Manager Interview

Interviewed at Brady

Interview Details – One phone interview, One in-person interview and an offer. Branford location is old school type environment. Lots of old-timers. Typical corporate office environment. They ask you a lot of questions but expect you to counter and reciprocate with lots of good followup questions to see if you're cut out for the job.

Interview Question – If you could buy any car in the world, what would it be? (Hint: be ambitious here)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate base salary DOE. Commission structure is non-negociable

Technical Support Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Brady in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired after 1 interview. I had just completed a 6 month course in Microsoft operating systems before the interview, so I didn't really need to do any planning ahead of time (the relevant knowledge was fresh in my head). The receptionist at the front lobby was very nice and the lobby itself was comfortable. I found some documentation about the company while waiting to be interviewed, so I made an effort to learn what I could about the company from that documentation. This helped me in my interview as the other 9 interviewees did not take this extra step.

Interview Question – Thinking about your previous job experience, what might hinder your ability to work in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The rate of pay was negotiable, but I was up against 9 applicants who all graduated from the same class as me. Knowing that I had nothing extra (experience wise) to bring to the table, I simply asked for the same rate of pay that I had been making at my previous place of employment. I got what I asked for.

Finance Intern Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brady in March 2013.

Interview Details – One 30 minute interview on campus. Pretty basic run through the resume followed by some behavioral questions. Heard back a week later with an offer

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you a disagreement with a coworker   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Brady.

Interview Details – I found out about a possible internship opportunity through career services at my university. After applying, I was contacted to perform a phone interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and was not too formal. I was asked many of the usual interview questions, and was able to receive information about the internship and the role I was being considered for. We went through my background and discussed any previous experiences related to the role.

Interview Question – Give a specific example of how you related something you learned in a class to a different situation.   Answer Question

Assistant Lab Tech Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brady in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy because its through a staffing service

Interview Question – It was all easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a set amount non negotiable

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brady? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brady interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brady employees and interview candidates.