Brady

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing and Communications Specialist Interview

Marketing and Communications Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Brady.

Interview Details – I applied a month ago and received a request for a phone interview. He was very nice on the phone. It was nice to interview with the actually marketing manager, rather than someone from HR.

Interview Question – What concerns do you have about this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brady.

Interview Details – Submitted an application through their hiring company on line, got called from the agency - did a phone interview - then was called in to interview with the company. Few days later was offered the job.

Interview Question – Why did you quit your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate - I accepted what they offered.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brady in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a number of interviewers - from marketing assistants to VP of Marketing. The process was extremely long about 4 hours. They asked the same questions over and over again. The Marketing Manager seemed extremely arrogant and was not very friendly. It felt a waste of time, every person tells and asks you the same thing.

Interview Question – How would you deal with Sales team bothering and asking you to create sample packages?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Ontario, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brady in January 2010.

Interview Details – A long drawn out process that Companies use today that lowers there cost and keeps you from having and medical support for 3 to 6 months

Interview Question – How was your experience with your last Company, one in which you cant really speak the truth   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brady in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from a recruiter for a phone screening. Following the phone screening I interviewed in person with HR, hiring manager and a VP. It was a very straight forward process and typical interview questions. Following the interview I was told I would have feedback within a week. After more than a month and multiple emails sent they have yet to follow up. To me this a bad sign for a company if they cannot provide an answer to their interview candidates.

Interview Question – What would your most recent supervisor say is a weakness about you?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Marketing Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brady in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within days for a phone screening with HR. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager and was then asked to come into the offices in Branford, CT for an in person interview with four other members of the team. During my interviews, several members of the team mentioned how unstable Brady had been recently, that they'd had a large layoff recently and that was why the office was so empty. While I appreciated the transparency, I was concerned with the stability of the position. It was then revealed that the hiring manger, who'd spent a lot of time interviewing me, had actually already resigned and she was just helping out before she left. After spending hours in the Brady offices interviewing, I was told that they'd be setting up another phone interview with some of the more senior team members. I never heard from them again. I sent thank you and follow up emails asking about the progress of the hiring process. No one ever responded. While I understand that they may have decided to go with another candidate, or put the position on hold, I believe that after the time I spent they should've at least let me know either way. Overall, this was a total waste of time.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable working at company in transition?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

Interviewed at Brady

Interview Details – Phone screen mad by HR, general review of work history. Then phone screen with the hiring manager reviewing the specifics of the position in relation to job fit. Then had 2 onsite interviews, first with hiring manager, then with Director.

Interview Question – What are your two weaknesses?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Product Marketing Professional Interview

Product Marketing Professional
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brady in June 2011.

Interview Details – Professional position interviews will span 1/2 day, interacting 1:1 with various managers in the group, both vertical and lateral. Expect the run of the mill hiring process, complete with all the paperwork and checks. I choose not to share details of the interviews themselves, but simply know that Brady hires personality over skill. Why so? Skill can be taught, but you cannot alter an unwelcoming personality.

Interview Question – The most difficult question of all--'Why you over the other candidates?'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but there is slight room for negotiation.

Key Account Manager Interview

Key Account Manager

Interviewed at Brady

Interview Details – One phone interview, One in-person interview and an offer. Branford location is old school type environment. Lots of old-timers. Typical corporate office environment. They ask you a lot of questions but expect you to counter and reciprocate with lots of good followup questions to see if you're cut out for the job.

Interview Question – If you could buy any car in the world, what would it be? (Hint: be ambitious here)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate base salary DOE. Commission structure is non-negociable

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Brady in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired after 1 interview. I had just completed a 6 month course in Microsoft operating systems before the interview, so I didn't really need to do any planning ahead of time (the relevant knowledge was fresh in my head). The receptionist at the front lobby was very nice and the lobby itself was comfortable. I found some documentation about the company while waiting to be interviewed, so I made an effort to learn what I could about the company from that documentation. This helped me in my interview as the other 9 interviewees did not take this extra step.

Interview Question – Thinking about your previous job experience, what might hinder your ability to work in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The rate of pay was negotiable, but I was up against 9 applicants who all graduated from the same class as me. Knowing that I had nothing extra (experience wise) to bring to the table, I simply asked for the same rate of pay that I had been making at my previous place of employment. I got what I asked for.

Worked for Brady? Contribute to the Community!