Brafton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.7

Content Marketing Specialist Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screening with HR and 2 in person interviews. The first interview you are given a quick thinking test and get to speak with the directors from each team. They will grill you on SEO and content marketing and ask a lot of open ended, honest inquiries. It was honestly rather pleasant and not intimidating if you know what you are doing. One piece of advice-know the company well, do you research on Brafton's place in the market and know the latest Google updates. The second part of the interview I had to give a powerpoint presentation on search and the effects of Hummingbird on SEO. A bit nerve wracking.

Interview Questions
    • For the second part of the in-person interview I gave a presentation. I was asked how I would find information about the leads coming into a website from various forms of traffic, basically they wanted to test my Google Analytics skills.   View Answer
    They asked me what I preferred for a salary and matched it, quite fast.

Associate Marketing Research Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brafton.

The interview was very easy. The people I talked to were very friendly and the interview felt more like a discussion rather than asking a question and answering over and over. I felt very comfortable answering the questions asked of me as they were not difficult in any way. Basically just went over my resume and why I wanted to work at Brafton.

The salary is NOT competitive in Boston, however, they take time in the interview to explain pay raises and promotions within this position as well as highlight all the training opportunities they offer as you move up in the company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing was the assessment quiz they have you do at the beginning of the interview. I am not good at mental math and there were quite a few of those questions on it.   Answer Question

Associate Lead Generation Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brafton in December 2014.

Applied online. Received a call back from a recruiter a few days later. Which was shocking, because I had realized I forgot to edit out another companies name from my cover letter I submitted (whoops). So they clearly didn't read my cover letter. Basic questions, why sales, general background qustions, ect.

Had a 2nd phone interview with a hiring manager a few days later. The hiring manager was very straightforward and said that essentially they require around 150 calls a day, provide 3 days of training, and the base is only around 35K. After he asked me if this still sounded like something I would like to pursue and I said no and we ended the phone call on a positive note.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected, what do you know about the company, a few behavioral and background questions.   Answer Question

Video Associate Interview

Phone screen + 1 in person interview that included quick-thinking test. The people were friendly and forthcoming. They ask you about your resume, your work history, and how your past experiences have taught you what you know and how you'll apply that in the position you are applying for. If they want you, you'll know.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite class in college and what did you learn that you'll apply in this job?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Research Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brafton in November 2014.

Interview was easy. One phone screen with a recruiter in Chicago. Then an in person interview with two managers, who ask you about your background and why you are interested in Brafton. They also explain what Brafton does and the responsibilities of the role. You take a quick thinking assessment beforehand with the receptionist.

Base salary of $28,000 isn't really competitive in the Boston advertising market. Inquired about compensation and had questions about the offer letter. Within an hour of the call I had my offer rescinded, despite planning to decline it because of a gut feeling. Gave a glimpse into the culture of the company that I had glimmers of during the visit. I just did not get a good feeling. And based on what I have read, most people do not stay there long. It is too bad because the two men i met with in the office were very nice and it seems like a unique place/team to start a career. I was considering accepting, but I felt the reaction to void the offer to be a little rash.

Interview Questions

Salary, gut feeling of people/office visit

News & Content Writer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brafton in November 2014.

I got an email less than 2 weeks after submitting my application to request a phone interview. We arranged this as well as a time for me to take Brafton's writing exercise, which would take 90 minutes. The interview with Delia went well (I thought), standard questions, and lots of time for me to ask my own questions and get a comprehensive idea of the job. I did the writing exercises right after and was told I'd hear back soon. After more than a week had gone by, I emailed a follow-up to both the HR contact and the person who interviewed me. No response. I waited another couple weeks and then emailed again to check in. I was excited about the prospect of working here, but no one ever responded, which I found quite unprofessional, not to mention rude, considering I went through their interview process.

Lead Generation Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brafton.

I applied online and soon after was contacted by a recruiter for Brafton. The first step was a phone interview with a recruiter and then spoke to a sales team manager in a second phone interview. After moving forward in the process I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. Before the interview I was asked to take an aptitude test made up of math questions and which word does not belong type questions. After that I interviewed with two team managers separately. I was asked to move on in the process and the next step was to come in and meet a man who seemed to over see all sales team hires and apparently has the final say in the process. This was basically just for this man to give the ok. after that meeting I was able to ask a few questions to an employee who was currently in the role. The employee was very honest and helpful. I was then told I would hear about a decision within the next few days. The part that bothered me a little was that I had been in contact with a team manager throughout the process and interviewed with him multiple times and when I came to time give me an answer they did not have the decency to call me personally. They sent a generic email from the recruiting department. Cmon, as a candidate who made it to the last step in the interview process you cant pick up the phone for a follow up?

News & Content Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brafton.

Writing test, editing test, and IQ tests are all involved in hiring. HR manager and interview staff were very sweet and engaging with their questions and seemed like they genuinely were interested in finding out about me as an applicant. Most of the questions were based around writing experience, but they didn't seem like they thought it was necessary to haev a lot of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Some light "getting to know you" type questions were unexpected, but easy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brafton.

After the interview, there was an at-home portion where I had to write several articles. I turned these in and NEVER heard anything back. Luckily, the next week I was offered employment at much better company! Don't waste your time here!

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I am able to write a ridiculous amount of articles a day for 30k. That was tough acting like that would be something I'd be happy to do!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brafton.

My initial communication was through email- after taking a timed writing test, I was invited to Brafton's Chicago Loop office for an in-person interview. After explaining myself and my resume, my interviewers told me more about the company and the position, and then allowed me to ask questions. Once that was complete, I took a 'quick-thinking test' and a copy editing test.

Interview Questions
    • The quick-thinking test was probably the strangest part of this particular interview- I've never really encountered something like that outside of the SATs, and certainly never encountered it in an interview setting. It wasn't particularly hard, but still stood out.   View Answer

The company's business model is essentially that of a content mill, and the practices don't seem sustainable. This combined with the heavy workload and the fact that much of the writing seems focused on speed rather than what the clients want made me decide to explore other options.