Brafton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brafton (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was extremely quick and painless. I was interviewed by two of Brafton's higher-ups at the same time, which was a little intimidating, but it was very easy to navigate if you're a good writer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, basic HR stuff confirming the resume. After that I was sent a writing test, 90 minutes to write 600 words. After finish the writing test, I was brought in for an in-person interview. In-person consisted of a quick thinking test (A 50 question, 15 minute test with simple word problems, pattern recognition questions, basic math) and a copy editing test (very straightforward). After the tests, I interviewed with three people at once. Interview went well, very conversational. After reading reviews here I was a little apprehensive coming in, but the Brafton managers were very honest about expectations for high writing volume/the difficulty of the job. I would have been worried if they had acted like the job was easy, but they didn't: they said flat-out that this was a challenging position and that not everyone does well.

Content Marketing Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brafton.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen Interview this was more to understand your interest Followed by a follow-up Phone Interview - this was to understand the company and role In-Person Interview - this was to determine if you would be a good fit with the company, industry and culture.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brafton.

Interview

Very odd interview. A little rushed and full of the cliche questions you would expect (e.g. what is your greatest accomplishment? How do can your experiences influence the work you do? etc.). After the interview they send you a test to take which is odd because, from what I understand, they are just a content farm focused on generating as much content as possible.

Interview Questions

• How will your experiences before influence your work at Brafton?   Answer Question

Content Marketing Strategist (Account Manager) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brafton (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I was contacted a few months prior but I had to reschedule and did not hear back from them again until a few months late when I was contacted by them to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview out of Chicago. The recruiter was very pleasant and professional. It was followed up by an email requesting me to meet with their Director in person. We met in the San Francisco office which I found to be cramped with cubes and people despite the fact that that they just moved into the office. Without any discussion, I was immediately requested to take an aptitude test. It was timed - about 15 minutes and was not very difficult. Mostly word logic. The Director was easy to talk to and genuinely appeared interested in me and my background. She said it's not the usual background, they usually seek people with agency backgrounds. It made me wonder why she brought me in as she seemed confused. It also came across to me as a red flag that she kept stressing that you will have a lot of work but if you work hard you will have normal hours. Perhaps she had read other Glassdoor reviews where there were many complaints about long hours and not enough pay. After speaking to the Director, I sat in the conference room for over 10 minutes waiting for her to round up the managers. When they arrived, they had just reviewed my resume and appeared at a loss as to what to say or ask. It was an awkward follow-up to the first meeting with the Director. They kept asking me if I had any questions. The Director did come back and walked me out, acting as if she was looking forward to talking with me further. The next day, I received a form letter from HR stating they have decided to move in another direction. In other words, they were not interested.

Interview Questions

• Would managing 30 clients be a concern?   1 Answer

Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brafton in April 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with very basic questions. They really did not ask mush I just gave them basic answers for their basic questions. Then there was the written test that they give you 90 minutes to complete. If they like that then they will bring you in for a second interview and writing test.

Content Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screening with HR and 2 in person interviews. The first interview you are given a quick thinking test and get to speak with the directors from each team. They will grill you on SEO and content marketing and ask a lot of open ended, honest inquiries. It was honestly rather pleasant and not intimidating if you know what you are doing. One piece of advice-know the company well, do you research on Brafton's place in the market and know the latest Google updates. The second part of the interview I had to give a powerpoint presentation on search and the effects of Hummingbird on SEO. A bit nerve wracking.

Interview Questions

• For the second part of the in-person interview I gave a presentation. I was asked how I would find information about the leads coming into a website from various forms of traffic, basically they wanted to test my Google Analytics skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me what I preferred for a salary and matched it, quite fast.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brafton.

Interview

The interview was very easy. The people I talked to were very friendly and the interview felt more like a discussion rather than asking a question and answering over and over. I felt very comfortable answering the questions asked of me as they were not difficult in any way. Basically just went over my resume and why I wanted to work at Brafton. The salary is NOT competitive in Boston, however, they take time in the interview to explain pay raises and promotions within this position as well as highlight all the training opportunities they offer as you move up in the company.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing was the assessment quiz they have you do at the beginning of the interview. I am not good at mental math and there were quite a few of those questions on it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brafton in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back from a recruiter a few days later. Which was shocking, because I had realized I forgot to edit out another companies name from my cover letter I submitted (whoops). So they clearly didn't read my cover letter. Basic questions, why sales, general background qustions, ect. Had a 2nd phone interview with a hiring manager a few days later. The hiring manager was very straightforward and said that essentially they require around 150 calls a day, provide 3 days of training, and the base is only around 35K. After he asked me if this still sounded like something I would like to pursue and I said no and we ended the phone call on a positive note.

Interview Questions

• Nothing Unexpected, what do you know about the company, a few behavioral and background questions.   Answer Question

Video Associate Interview

Interview

Phone screen + 1 in person interview that included quick-thinking test. The people were friendly and forthcoming. They ask you about your resume, your work history, and how your past experiences have taught you what you know and how you'll apply that in the position you are applying for. If they want you, you'll know.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in college and what did you learn that you'll apply in this job?   Answer Question