Brafton Interview Questions & Reviews

37 interviews

2.7

Lead Generation Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brafton.

I applied online and soon after was contacted by a recruiter for Brafton. The first step was a phone interview with a recruiter and then spoke to a sales team manager in a second phone interview. After moving forward in the process I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. Before the interview I was asked to take an aptitude test made up of math questions and which word does not belong type questions. After that I interviewed with two team managers separately. I was asked to move on in the process and the next step was to come in and meet a man who seemed to over see all sales team hires and apparently has the final say in the process. This was basically just for this man to give the ok. after that meeting I was able to ask a few questions to an employee who was currently in the role. The employee was very honest and helpful. I was then told I would hear about a decision within the next few days. The part that bothered me a little was that I had been in contact with a team manager throughout the process and interviewed with him multiple times and when I came to time give me an answer they did not have the decency to call me personally. They sent a generic email from the recruiting department. Cmon, as a candidate who made it to the last step in the interview process you cant pick up the phone for a follow up?

News & Content Writer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Brafton.

Writing test, editing test, and IQ tests are all involved in hiring. HR manager and interview staff were very sweet and engaging with their questions and seemed like they genuinely were interested in finding out about me as an applicant. Most of the questions were based around writing experience, but they didn't seem like they thought it was necessary to haev a lot of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Some light "getting to know you" type questions were unexpected, but easy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Brafton in March 2013.

There's a phone interview, then a timed writing interview from home. After you pass those, you go into the office and talk a timed IQ test. If you pass that, you get the job pretty much. The other questions weren't too difficult.

It was hard to get much of an idea about the work culture at Brafton on first impression, though in hindsight, the office was extremely quiet despite loads of people. That should have been a warning about a "unique" office culture, which revolves around more Gchat than actual voiced conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Brafton in June 2013.

I interviewed for a content writing position at Brafton's Chicago office in the west loop; before being introduced to anyone, or told anything about the company or position, I was handed a written exam with mostly quantitative questions and told I had 12 minutes to complete. From there, I turned it in and was finally told what the position was about. After the interview I was scheduled to complete an at-home test where I had 90 minutes to write three (3) 250-word articles in AP style on prompts sent to me on the spot. I was not even given a general topic to become familiar with. Once prompted, I essentially cited the first 3 Google news results I found on about the subject. I imagine this is the level of quality Brafton's clients can expect from it's daily "news" pieces.

Apparently, I did not meet Brafton's high expectations, because I never received a response after that, not even a call to confirm that the position was filled or that they had even received my test articles. They never even returned my emails, even though I told them I needed a response to know whether to accept or decline a contract for other work I had been offered within the week.

I feel like I dodged a bullet. I have never experienced the type of dismissive and disrespectful atmosphere I dealt with in my short tenure as a candidate for News & Content Writer Brafton.

Interview Questions
    • The quantitative multiple choice test I was given. What does solving math problems have to do with content writing?   View Answer

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brafton.

After the interview, there was an at-home portion where I had to write several articles. I turned these in and NEVER heard anything back. Luckily, the next week I was offered employment at much better company! Don't waste your time here!

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I am able to write a ridiculous amount of articles a day for 30k. That was tough acting like that would be something I'd be happy to do!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brafton.

My initial communication was through email- after taking a timed writing test, I was invited to Brafton's Chicago Loop office for an in-person interview. After explaining myself and my resume, my interviewers told me more about the company and the position, and then allowed me to ask questions. Once that was complete, I took a 'quick-thinking test' and a copy editing test.

Interview Questions
    • The quick-thinking test was probably the strangest part of this particular interview- I've never really encountered something like that outside of the SATs, and certainly never encountered it in an interview setting. It wasn't particularly hard, but still stood out.   View Answer

The company's business model is essentially that of a content mill, and the practices don't seem sustainable. This combined with the heavy workload and the fact that much of the writing seems focused on speed rather than what the clients want made me decide to explore other options.

Social Media Strategist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brafton.

Had one phone interview - a breeze. Then had one in-person interview, after having the equivalent of an IQ test upon arriving, followed by a "social media writing quiz." Both were really easy if you have any sort of background in business and social

Interview Questions
    • The IQ test was fairly random and unexpected - had some math questions, but mostly problem solving and logic   Answer Question

Offer was for 38k and company did not divulge which clients or even industry I would be working on - major deciding factor

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Brafton in April 2014.

After having good conversation with the HR rep, I had an interview with the Social Media Marketing Manager. I arrived to the interview about a half hour early, and there was no office/room available for me to take the pre-screen test. 50 math and english questions in 15 minutes. It was strange because the receptionist kept mentioning that hardly anyone finishes, and that I shouldn't expect to, but I ended up finishing with about two minutes to spare. Okay, feeling good about the rest of the interview after that point. A few minutes later, the Social Media Marketing Manager comes in, introduces herself, and then immediately gives me another timed test about creating 10 posts across various social networks in 20 minutes. During that time, she was on her laptop responding to emails, occasionally looking at her stopwatch. After that second timed exercise was done, we had our actual interview.

Right off the bat, I was told that this particular position's responsibilities had changed since I had submitted my application, with a focus on blogging as opposed to traditional social media channels. Blogging has not been my forte, and I felt I was immediately at a disadvantage, since essentially this is no longer the job I had applied for. There were very few questions about past responsibilities and accomplishments, and more of a discussion of what they wanted to do with this position's new responsibilities. The conversation lasted all of 10 to 15 minutes before I was given the opportunity to ask questions, which I of course had plenty of after this change in circumstances.

As a professional and job seeker, I have issues with a few things in this process. First and foremost, it's unprofessional and frankly disrespectful to change over 50% of the primary job responsibilities for a position and not inform an applicant before an interview. With essentially an entirely different job, you should be looking at different candidates, and an applicant may no longer have interest. I appreciate them bringing me in regardless, but it felt like I was interviewing for a job where my skills and experience weren't nearly as strong a match as the original job description. Second, during the formal interview, the timed test showed that Brafton is more interested in quantity over quality, wen it comes to social postings. A good social or email campaign stems from the strategy and execution involved, not how quickly you can make a post, and I truly hope they show their clients a greater attention than a few minutes. Third, the "IQ" assessment was an absolute joke. SAT-style questions that any high school student should be able to complete. A waste of time to have professional employees take, even young professionals.

Video Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Brafton in April 2013.

I was contacted for a phone interview that went well. Salary was lower than expected but it was entry level. Almost two months went by before I was contacted again for a formal interview. Interview went well, the head of the production team was a nice guy, interesting, engaging. I had to take a 40 question long aptitude test in 12 minutes though, which was a little off-putting. Many of the questions I believe had multiple ways to answer them; they were more like riddles or brain teasers and math problems. It didn't really seem relevant.

Interview Questions
    • No tricks here really. Asked about experience, technical questions about equipment, and employment history.   Answer Question

Glasdoor reviews, office environment seemed pretty depressing, low salary. Although I declined their offer (I had other options) it's probably not a bad place to start and move on in a year.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Brafton in January 2013.

The hiring and interview process were easy. I was initially screened over the phone, and then brought in for an in-person meeting. i was offered the job the next day and started about 3 weeks later. The entire process was smooth and easy!

Interview Questions

Worked for Brafton? Contribute to the Community!