Brainfuse

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brainfuse

Academic Tutor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brainfuse.

There is an application process, and an invitation to take quizzes to demonstrate proficiency. The "writing quiz" appeared to have so many errors that choosing one correct answer was not easy! There were errors present, without options to provide corrections as the only editing options were to choose from those provided. The quizzes are annoying and time consuming. Plus, the reviews make me nervous:(

**outcome of application etc. are unknown

Academic Tutor Interview

This company filters employees mostly by education and their qualifying tests. If you want to tutor a subject, a degree and passing their exam for the subject may be sufficient. Their exams are timed, but the time limit is generous.

Almost 10% of the Calc I questions made no sense, but the harder problems were correct, leaving a bizarre impression.

Interview Questions
    • There was one question that asked where g(x)=\int_0^x f(t)dt is decreasing. The function f was more involved but just imagine it was f(t)=-sin(t) and the choices included [0,\pi/8] and [\pi/8,\pi] and you say "huh?" and choose the second one because it's bigger. Wrong, it says. Fair enough I guess, if you're not trying to work for *oogle, but only to stay out of ***-Mart.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brainfuse.

I was just sent a bunch of documents to go through and sign. Then, I was given a few tests to check if I qualify for the subject. I was started tutoring before I even finished the tests. I believe I was given the test after I started tutoring.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brainfuse in January 2010.

The interview was rushed, due to an urgent need for tutors. I quickly passed the test and the screening process, while being rushed along by administration. After being accepted, I had no direct contact with a regular mentor, to help reinforce guidelines in the training process. I found myself harassed by monitors, when small issues came up with student dissatisfaction. I gave my best as a tutor and received nothing, in terms of positive encouragement.

Interview Questions
    • Direct subject matter questions were given, I aced the exam.   Answer Question